Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Incident report got sent over 2 days prior to the academy. It actually worked in my favor because if they got it when i was sworn in i would've been fired on the spot. It's all good it's a stupid thing that happened I didn't even disclose it because I didn't even know it was on my school record but not much I can do now except hope for the best when I re open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
      Isn't it once you're in the academy you're pretty much good to go? I was under the assumption that your BI via your investigator conducts college checks before clearing for academy

I heard if anything comes while in the academy or probation you can still be pulled out.
      Originally posted by PETE3319 View Post
      I got held up because I didn't disclose a stupid college incident that took place. I'm gonna re open next year hopefully with auxiliary experience under my belt and get in. I'm only 21 so it's no biggie. I was called for the academy and then I withdrew last minute because I didn't wanna risk a DQ for character issues.

That should be good, I haven't been through the process yet but I have 5 years auxiliary and the coordinators usually writes a recommendation letter.

Sent from my Samsung Note 5

Comment

• Originally posted by stevebrm10 View Post
        I heard if anything comes while in the academy or probation you can still be pulled out.

That should be good, I haven't been through the process yet but I have 5 years auxiliary and the coordinators usually writes a recommendation letter.

Sent from my Samsung Note 5

You can be terminated at any time during your
        career for falsification and/or omission of negative background issues that come to light.

Comment

• Originally posted by BronxBombers View Post
          I failed the NYPD psych a few years ago because I was not mentally well from health issues that are now resolved. A few months ago I took the NYC Corrections Psych and It went very well; my health is great and back to normal. I was told by someone in the department that I had passed the psych tests. I disclosed the fact that I used adderall for a brief period of time in my life within the last 5 years. Today I got a letter in the mail saying I failed the NYC Corrections Psych, pretty much saying they deemed me to be unstable based on their interview and test questions. I was not given a fair shot for employment based on my past. How should I proceed from here to give myself a shot at getting hired from NYC Corrections or Nassau Police based on these results. My ultimate goal is to get a job for the Nassau Police Department. Now I failed 2 psych exams and it's not going to fair well for my Nassau Police opportunity.

At this point; its either upstate or out-of-state for law enforcement employment opportunities for you. Nassau is going to want to see your psych evals from NYC.

Comment

• Originally posted by PETE3319 View Post
            I got held up because I didn't disclose a stupid college incident that took place. I'm gonna re open next year hopefully with auxiliary experience under my belt and get in. I'm only 21 so it's no biggie. I was called for the academy and then I withdrew last minute because I didn't wanna risk a DQ for character issues.

NYPD will only re-open your
            previously sealed Background investigation file as I have stated this to you in an earlier posting on this thread. if you decide to retest again; you will be faced with the same dilemma.
            Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 02-03-2016, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BronxBombers View Post
              I failed the NYPD psych a few years ago because I was not mentally well from health issues that are now resolved. A few months ago I took the NYC Corrections Psych and It went very well; my health is great and back to normal. I was told by someone in the department that I had passed the psych tests. I disclosed the fact that I used adderall for a brief period of time in my life within the last 5 years. Today I got a letter in the mail saying I failed the NYC Corrections Psych, pretty much saying they deemed me to be unstable based on their interview and test questions. I was not given a fair shot for employment based on my past. How should I proceed from here to give myself a shot at getting hired from NYC Corrections or Nassau Police based on these results. My ultimate goal is to get a job for the Nassau Police Department. Now I failed 2 psych exams and it's not going to fair well for my Nassau Police opportunity.
              Same with me, however I was disqualified by both the nypd and doc a decade ago. I heard so so much time elapsed that it should not be an issue for to apply with other local law enforcement agencies. Right now I'm in the process of becoming a port authority officer.

Comment

The Incident report got sent over 2 days prior to the academy. It actually worked in my favor because if they got it when i was sworn in i would've been fired on the spot. It's all good it's a stupid thing that happened I didn't even disclose it because I didn't even know it was on my school record but not much I can do now except hope for the best when I re open

How were you made aware of the report surfacing did you investigator notify you of it and gave you the option of withdrawing ? That would be pretty crummy if an investigator receives a report like that says nothing let's you start academy and then Notify's them of the incident. I guess they will let you resign from the academy , but to then start the whole process all over again would be a pretty lengthy process

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
                  How were you made aware of the report surfacing did you investigator notify you of it and gave you the option of withdrawing ? That would be pretty crummy if an investigator receives a report like that says nothing let's you start academy and then Notify's them of the incident. I guess they will let you resign from the academy , but to then start the whole process all over again would be a pretty lengthy process

Jay_easy, read posts #1765
                  and #1764 in this thread. That would better explain to you the predicament he placed himself in with NYPD APD.

Comment

The Incident report got sent over 2 days prior to the academy. It actually worked in my favor because if they got it when i was sworn in i would've been fired on the spot. It's all good it's a stupid thing that happened I didn't even disclose it because I didn't even know it was on my school record but not much I can do now except hope for the best when I re open

...you realize that once you re-open you're going to be held up by psych, too right?. I really don't get why people take this sort of risk. Psych also digs into backgrounds--you're BI and psych work together, for all you know, psych passed this to APD, if they didn't, then APD is sending it in a memo to psych.

You didn't disclose it because you didn't think anyone would find out. Those are the clear facts that you've given them to go on. If you're going to lie to get the job, they expect that you're going to lie once you're on it. Just because there isn't a record, doesn't mean it didn't happen...just like OJ wasn't convicted of murder...doesn't mean he didn't do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by mike_s1234 View Post
                      ...you realize that once you re-open you're going to be held up by psych, too right?. I really don't get why people take this sort of risk. Psych also digs into backgrounds--you're BI and psych work together, for all you know, psych passed this to APD, if they didn't, then APD is sending it in a memo to psych.

You didn't disclose it because you didn't think anyone would find out. Those are the clear facts that you've given them to go on. If you're going to lie to get the job, they expect that you're going to lie once you're on it. Just because there isn't a record, doesn't mean it didn't happen...just like OJ wasn't convicted of murder...doesn't mean he didn't do it.
                      So I'll go through psych, big deal. I went through psych the first time and passed. I don't have anything to hide from them regarding what took place. I didn't disclose it because it asked for disciplinary action from school. I wasn't disciplined. The matter was over and done with in 20 minutes. My investigator called me and asked what happened. I wrote a few statements and was on my way. I was called later on and said its a no go to the academy and advisable to withdraw. The main thing they're ****ed about is that I didn't tell em.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                        NYPD will only re-open your
                        previously sealed Background investigation file as I have stated this to you in an earlier posting on this thread. if you decide to retest again; you will be faced with the same dilemma.
                        Understandable, and yes I know. I was thinking DOC, but I really don't see myself as a correctional officer. I did sign up for the test, I just keep postponing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by mike_s1234 View Post

I can think of two good reasons why NYPD will never hire him: Thievery and false written statements under oath. The theft of property was documented by the college he attended; and he failed to disclose this incident on his application for employment when asked if he knew anything that might affect his suitability of employment as a police officer.

Comment

Understandable, and yes I know. I was thinking DOC, but I really don't see myself as a correctional officer. I did sign up for the test, I just keep postponing it.

Corrections?? Chances are NYS and NYC DOC will not hire you either as their hiring standards are stringent as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                              I can think of two good reasons why NYPD will never hire him: Thievery and false written statements under oath. The theft of property was documented by the college he attended; and he failed to disclose this incident on his application for employment when asked if he knew anything that might affect his suitability of employment as a police officer.
                              Right, I see what you're saying but when your back is against the wall you either give up or keep fighting. I was already called for the academy and you don't know anything regarding the details of the situation or my BI. It's not over until it's over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
                                I did email my psych doctor. She told me I don't owe her anything. She made a preliminary decision and she submitted it to be review by a supervisor. According to my investigator, I'm cleared already, waiting to get off psych review.

Sent from my House Phone!!
                                Who interviewed you? when i emailed the psych she told me that she is not able to update me on my status and if she should need anything from me she would contact me. Been on review since Oct. After the psych interview she made me sign a paper which said that she needed my school transcripts.. Cant believe something so small can take for ever to clear.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8080 users online. 453 members and 7627 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X