Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FutureOfficer007 View Post
    Has anyone ever heard of someone being DQ'd without getting a second interview? Or does a candidate usually get a second interview before thats done?
    I've gotten a 2nd interview just to be placed on review
    And yea tons of people get dq'd after the first interview

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureOfficer007 View Post
      Has anyone ever heard of someone being DQ'd without getting a second interview? Or does a candidate usually get a second interview before thats done?
      It's more common to be DQ without a second interview.
      Problems with a psych exam?
      Have an upcoming
      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
      you make up your mind.
      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
        I've gotten a 2nd interview just to be placed on review
        And yea tons of people get dq'd after the first interview
        Everybody will be placed on review after a second interview. Basically, even after a second interview a supervisor would likely need to evaluate all the documentation and make a determination. I was on review for eight months after my second interview (which was granted only after i was DQ and appealed). psych services rescinded my DQ, foregoing their (and my) right to intervention by civil service commision.
        Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
        you make up your mind.

Comment

• Hey guys question. I was placed on review after my interview on the 17 of January the dr. Wanted my high school records due to I had a learning disability and she wanted to see my IEPS,in middle school I was moved to a new school due to fighting. I was honest and told her about middle school problems.she only ask for my high school records, not middle school. I Had them faxed over to the office been about a week and a half now still no word. my exam expires in May so April is my last shot. She only ask me about 4 questions I answered on the written psych Which were stupid ones,like why I put I was tired in the morning.every question she asked me off her paper she put a zero next to it which a buddy told me zero was good. So what do you guys think my odds are getting off review or being DQ or left on review until my exam is up. Or am I fuc*. Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
            Everybody will be placed on review after a second interview. Basically, even after a second interview a supervisor would likely need to evaluate all the documentation and make a determination. I was on review for eight months after my second interview (which was granted only after i was DQ and appealed). psych services rescinded my DQ, foregoing their (and my) right to intervention by civil service commision.
            thanks for the info I haven't been able to get psych dept. on the phone I guess ill have to wait it out then I really don't want to go article 78 way ugh more waiting im hoping its a little quicker then 8 months how much did the appeal cost??

Comment

• It's so common he's promoting his services on FB.

Sent from my House Phone!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post

It's so common he's promoting his services on FB.

Sent from my House Phone!!

A parody of the NYPD Psychology
                Unit:

index.jpg
                Attached Files
                Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 02-02-2016, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lijames631 View Post
                  Hey guys question. I was placed on review after my interview on the 17 of January the dr. Wanted my high school records due to I had a learning disability and she wanted to see my IEPS,in middle school I was moved to a new school due to fighting. I was honest and told her about middle school problems.she only ask for my high school records, not middle school. I Had them faxed over to the office been about a week and a half now still no word. my exam expires in May so April is my last shot. She only ask me about 4 questions I answered on the written psych Which were stupid ones,like why I put I was tired in the morning.every question she asked me off her paper she put a zero next to it which a buddy told me zero was good. So what do you guys think my odds are getting off review or being DQ or left on review until my exam is up. Or am I fuc*. Thanks for the help guys.
                  EMail the psych doctor you saw thanking her for her time, asking her if she recieved everytbing in goodorder and that if theirs anything else you need to send to let you know. It can take a while for them to update ure file.

Also call DCAS and check your test expiration date. It expires four years from date of certification- NOT the date of exam.
                  Last edited by Vista; 02-03-2016, 07:59 AM.
                  Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Thanks for the info vista.
                    She doesn't have a email she's a part timer lol tried that. Every time I call that number they gave me, I get a nice officer who takes my info and that's it. Iam gonna call DCAS

thanks for the info.

Comment

• I failed the NYPD psych a few years ago because I was not mentally well from health issues that are now resolved. A few months ago I took the NYC Corrections Psych and It went very well; my health is great and back to normal. I was told by someone in the department that I had passed the psych tests. I disclosed the fact that I used adderall for a brief period of time in my life within the last 5 years. Today I got a letter in the mail saying I failed the NYC Corrections Psych, pretty much saying they deemed me to be unstable based on their interview and test questions. I was not given a fair shot for employment based on my past. How should I proceed from here to give myself a shot at getting hired from NYC Corrections or Nassau Police based on these results. My ultimate goal is to get a job for the Nassau Police Department. Now I failed 2 psych exams and it's not going to fair well for my Nassau Police opportunity.
                      Last edited by BronxBombers; 02-03-2016, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BronxBombers View Post
                        I failed the NYPD psych a few years ago because I was not mentally well from health issues that are now resolved. A few months ago I took the NYC Corrections Psych and It went very well; my health is great and back to normal. I was told by someone in the department that I had passed the psych tests. I disclosed the fact that I used adderall for a brief period of time in my life within the last 5 years. Today I got a letter in the mail saying I failed the NYC Corrections Psych, pretty much saying they deemed me to be unstable based on their interview and test questions. I was not given a fair shot for employment based on my past. How should I proceed from here to give myself a shot at getting hired from NYC Corrections or Nassau Police based on these results. My ultimate goal is to get a job for the Nassau Police Department. Now I failed 2 psych exams and it's not going to fair well for my Nassau Police opportunity.
                        I'd get a lawyer and try to appeal. Or just tell NCPD what happened. They're much more selective. I have plenty of Nypd friends and friends who scored 90's on Nassau and never even got assigned an investigator. Or try to go auxiliary police with Nassau county or city. that's what I'm gonna do because they write a letter to whatever PD you process for and it shows how you want the job and you're trying despite everything that happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Its crazy to see how many guys are getting DQ or put on hold. I went to high school with a few guys who are in their mid 20s and are current NYPD officers. I didn't know all them personally but I know during high school a few of them were arrested for marijuana possession on school grounds and also a few more had more than one fight in high school. If these guys made into the academy within the last 3 years what changed that they became so strict?

Sent from my Samsung Note 5

Comment

• 200 out of 40k applicants? That's not much...
                            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• I got held up because I didn't disclose a stupid college incident that took place. I'm gonna re open next year hopefully with auxiliary experience under my belt and get in. I'm only 21 so it's no biggie. I was called for the academy and then I withdrew last minute because I didn't wanna risk a DQ for character issues.

Comment

• Isn't it once you're in the academy you're pretty much good to go? I was under the assumption that your BI via your investigator conducts college checks before clearing for academy

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5861 users online. 232 members and 5629 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X