Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think he's an out-of-towner. I applaud his learning a new language for the sake of communication therefore his mistakes are allowed.

But yes, diseminating information used for criminal justice purposes can really get a P.O. jammed-up.
    13O2 Aug '10
    List: <1000

Comment

• OK no problem , it's agains the law( i did not know that, NOW I DO ).I accept it like man and apologise for any of my post that gave the wrong info on. I am not going make it a big deal, if am wrong, am wrong. And at list i was just giving the wrong info in good faith. Sorry about that, and sorry about the spelling errors, yeah i know two languages and the fact that i speak one, more then the other is little hard not try mix it.Give me a break smart guy, i can tell you am working on it and i appreciate when someone tell me about a wrong word or any grammar issued. I am not a out of town guy, i speak two languages and NYC school system is not the best either and most times it can be a challenge for me.
      Last edited by nycapomts; 07-15-2012, 11:47 PM.
      Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

• Originally posted by nycapomts View Post
        OK no problem , it's agains the law( i did not know that, NOW I DO ).I accept it like man and apologise for any of my post that gave the wrong info on. I am not going make it a big deal, if am wrong, am wrong. And at list i was just giving the wrong info in good faith. Sorry about that, and sorry about the spelling errors, yeah i know two languages and the fact that i speak one, more then the other is little hard not try mix it.Give me a break smart guy, i can tell you am working on it and i appreciate when someone tell me about a wrong word or any grammar issued. I am not a out of town guy, i speak two languages and NYC school system is not the best either and most times it can be a challenge for me.

Even if you don't get hired at NYPD; the fact that you are bi-lingual [I assume you speak Spanish] is an asset that other police agencies are looking for. Don't give up if NYPD won't hire you! There are other departments out there who will if your background is satisfactory.
        Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 07-16-2012, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• Good afternoon gentlemen,

I wanted to find out if anyone knows (and please let me stress the knows, as I am seeing lots of misleading opinions posted, although anything would be greatly appreciated.) anything in regards to my situation;
          In 2010 I went through my NYPD Cadet Corps process and passed through all tests, JST, Psych, Medical, Oral Psych, however, during my Oral Psych I was put on review due to a few psychologist visits I had after a car accident in my early teens. The notes stated some terrible things however I was never treated or went through therapy, I never had problems in school nor employment and always had average to above average grades. Never the less he got me a second interview and passed me.
          Now I am waiting for my NYPD Process to begin (which will be in about a year or so, 2302 list:1xx). And am a bit concerned that I might not get lucky this time around. Should I be concerned? Anything I should watch out for and make sure I know? Thanks in advance.

Tl;Dr version: Passed cadets psych after put on review and second interview, will I pass PO?
          Last edited by NYPD_Stan; 07-16-2012, 01:43 PM.
          "At his best, man is the noblest of all animals; separated from law and justice he is the worst."
          -Aristotle

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPD_Stan View Post
            Good afternoon gentlemen,

I wanted to find out if anyone knows (and please let me stress the knows, as I am seeing lots of misleading opinions posted, although anything would be greatly appreciated.) anything in regards to my situation;
            In 2010 I went through my NYPD Cadet Corps process and passed through all tests, JST, Psych, Medical, Oral Psych, however, during my Oral Psych I was put on review due to a few psychologist visits I had after a car accident in my early teens. The notes stated some terrible things however I was never treated or went through therapy, I never had problems in school nor employment and always had average to above average grades. Never the less he got me a second interview and passed me.
            Now I am waiting for my NYPD Process to begin (which will be in about a year or so, 2302 list:1xx). And am a bit concerned that I might not get lucky this time around. Should I be concerned? Anything I should watch out for and make sure I know? Thanks in advance.

Tl;Dr version: Passed cadets psych after put on review and second interview, will I pass PO?
            Are you NOW in the NYPD cadet program?? If you are, that means you have satisfied ALL the requirements of being a NYC police officer. Then by taking the civil service entry level police officer exam by merely "passing" the test your name is moved to the top of the list as it is deemed to be a Promotion to Probationary Police Officer for the next academy class upon reaching your 21 st Birthday. If you are leery about answers from other posters, then your best bet is to contact NYPD directly.

http://www.nypdcadets.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

Even if you don't get hired at NYPD; the fact that you are bi-lingual [I assume you speak Spanish] is an asset that other police agencies are looking for. Don't give up if NYPD won't hire you! There are other departments out there who will if your background is satisfactory.
              Yes, I do speak spanish and thank you for the encouraging comments. I will not give up, this is all i want to do in my life LE.

Comment

• Edited for privacy
                Last edited by NYPD_Stan; 07-16-2012, 05:53 PM.
                "At his best, man is the noblest of all animals; separated from law and justice he is the worst."
                -Aristotle

Comment

Are you NOW in the NYPD cadet program?? If you are, that means you have satisfied ALL the requirements of being a NYC police officer. Then by taking the civil service entry level police officer exam by merely "passing" the test your name is moved to the top of the list as it is deemed to be a Promotion to Probationary Police Officer for the next academy class upon reaching your 21 st Birthday. If you are leery about answers from other posters, then your best bet is to contact NYPD directly.

http://www.nypdcadets.com/

Correction is right , also if you already pass the oral psych, the next time you go again they going check the new folder and the old folder to see if your answers match. Make sure you remember what you said in the last oral , they be asking same question to see if you lay.

Comment

• Has anyone appealed the psychological dq, won and got hired or put back on the list and is waiting to be hired?

Comment

• Originally posted by BryanM404 View Post
                      Has anyone appealed the psychological dq, won and got hired or put back on the list and is waiting to be hired?
                      interesting question. the answer I have seen in the past by people advising others going through a DQ was; the best way to go about any DQ is to take the test again and start over.

as far as if anyone has ever appealed and won. Im sure it has happened but the odds are stacked against a person in that position. Not only because a psyche DQ is very subjective and the NYPD can decide what they want weather anyone disagrees or not...but also because the process is so long that by the time you develop any momentum in the case at all...the list will usually expire.

Comment

• Originally posted by JOEQUEENSNY View Post
                        interesting question. the answer I have seen in the past by people advising others going through a DQ was; the best way to go about any DQ is to take the test again and start over.

as far as if anyone has ever appealed and won. Im sure it has happened but the odds are stacked against a person in that position. Not only because a psyche DQ is very subjective and the NYPD can decide what they want weather anyone disagrees or not...but also because the process is so long that by the time you develop any momentum in the case at all...the list will usually expire.
                        Not really; your applicant candidate file is retained by NYPD for a lengthy period of time. Any type of disqualification (medical,psych or negative character issues) is quite difficult if not impossible to overcome. Taking the test again will not change matters in your favor once NYPD re-opens your previous investigative background file and sees your previous disqualification.

Comment

Not really; your applicant candidate file is retained by NYPD for a lengthy period of time. Any type of disqualification (medical,psych or negative character issues) is quite difficult if not impossible to overcome. Taking the test again will not change matters in your favor once NYPD re-opens your previous investigative background file and sees your previous disqualification.
                          Its not my place to judge each individual case over a forum ... the point of my post was to say; ones chances are a lot better later down the line starting fresh then trying to lift a psych DQ from ones record, however I do agree that a psych DQ is not something you want associated with any file that any agency has on you at any period of time.

Comment

• If you don't appeal it, it follows you. You can take another test but once you get to the oral part that have your files sitting there and will review your last session and take that one into consideration when making their decision. I'm in the process of appealing from 2010. It's a long waiting game pretty much. I'm at the point now where I've had a court hearing with the civil service commission and my dq was reversed. Now I'm waiting to hear what the next step is going to be. Anyone else been in this situation?

Comment

• Originally posted by BryanM404 View Post
                              If you don't appeal it, it follows you. You can take another test but once you get to the oral part that have your files sitting there and will review your last session and take that one into consideration when making their decision. I'm in the process of appealing from 2010. It's a long waiting game pretty much. I'm at the point now where I've had a court hearing with the civil service commission and my dq was reversed. Now I'm waiting to hear what the next step is going to be. Anyone else been in this situation?
                              I can only image what your attorney's fees are ,Bryan! Did you contact the NYPD applicant investigation unit and request that your name be re-instated on the civil service list of eligibles for employment consideration??

Comment

• Hahaha yeah they're not too bad. Yeah I spoke to my old investigator before she went on vacation quickly so I'm waiting for her to return to work. It's been a hurry up and wait process, I can't wait for it to be over and get the ball rolling again.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7932 users online. 403 members and 7529 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X