Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mike_s1234 View Post
    Discontinued means that they didn't get the records they asked you for. They may have been sent, but maybe the fax didn't go through, or the mail hasn't filtered through the NYPD system yet. What you should be doing is emailing your psychologist (ask your BI if you don't remember the psychs name) [email protected] ask them what they are missing, in the meantime, have everyone send your records again.
    I did email my psych doctor. She told me I don't owe her anything. She made a preliminary decision and she submitted it to be review by a supervisor. According to my investigator, I'm cleared already, waiting to get off psych review.

Sent from my House Phone!!

Comment

• So mike, you saying that I can be on review pending my interview with my bi, I really hope so, I'm freaking out over here...lol

Comment

• collisionerg
        collisionerg commented
        Editing a comment
        any update on your case?

• Originally posted by Madman718 View Post
      I have a question. 8 years ago I attempted to appeal both of my nypd and doc disqualifications. However I did not have any enough funds to do the appeal. I even saw Jose arcaya and he he said nothing was wrong with me. 8 years later now I'm in the the process with papd. I hope these nypd doc dq won't cause any trouble with me now.

Jose Arcaya is a moron, he writes basically the same report for every candidate. Out of every lawyer / psych ive spoken too, he is the only one who i will call a moron. Everyother word out of his mouth is "ahhhhhh, ummmmmm" and sounds confused. Id stay away from him.
      Last edited by Vista; 01-30-2016, 11:09 PM.
      Problems with a psych exam?
      Have an upcoming
      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
      you make up your mind.
      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

Anything that a lieutenant is telling you is coming from APD - not psych. Psych does not and WILL NOT disclose any specifics about a psychological file to anyone. It is against HIPPA violations and the material contained in your psych file is confidential and kept under lock and key.

You are being held up by your character investigation---and no psych decision can be made until APD clears you. There are two stages of review. Almost everyone goes on "Review" (sometimes referred to as a psych hold) because they are waiting on records, need an arrest report, waiting for your investigator to clear you, etc etc. Rejection Review is when you are headed toward an NQ.
        The Psychological Services and background are seperate (along with medical agility). You can be placed on review or DQ for each indendant aspect. Hence, "4Q" is when your quaified in all aspects.

You CAN be on psych review while they request records from your investigator.
        Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
        you make up your mind.

Comment

Discontinued means that they didn't get the records they asked you for. They may have been sent, but maybe the fax didn't go through, or the mail hasn't filtered through the NYPD system yet. What you should be doing is emailing your psychologist (ask your BI if you don't remember the psychs name) [email protected] ask them what they are missing, in the meantime, have everyone send your records again.
          Everything should also always be sent certified mail, signature / return reciept requested. Always!
          Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by PETE3319 View Post
            does anyone know how long the written psych is good for?

I did mine october 2015. I'm going to be re-opening my case around 2017. I know my medical will be good because that lasts 2.5 years and I did that in sept 2015. I'm just wondering about the written because i'm not sure how long it's valid for.
            Background 1 year
            medical and psych is 3 or 3.5 years
            minimed 6 months
            jst 6 or 12 months
            Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• A brief note, the law is abbreviated HIPAA. It is not a violation for the doctor or city to release the result of your exam to you. The NYPD has its own regulations regarding the test results. But since it is your information under the Federal law it would only be a potential violation to release the info to a third party, not you. And in certain circumstances, law enforcement agencies are exempt from HIPAA.
              Last edited by Dinosaur32; 01-31-2016, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                A brief note, the law is abbreviated HIPAA. It is not a violation for the doctor or city to release the result of your exam to you. The NYPD has its own regulations regarding the test results. But since it is your information under the Federal law it would only be a potential violation to release the info to a third party, not you. And in certain circumstances, law enforcement agencies are exempt from HZiPAA.

Their is a provision in state health law that allows mental health practitioners to withold some things from patients if they believe it may be harmful to the patient. Also, practitioners personal notes are exempt from records release laws.

NYPD Will not voluntarily release the records absent a candidate initiating an appeal. They would likely have to force them to release it and comply with any applicable laws.
                Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Still not a HIPAA violation to release the info which only concerns a health professional releasing your info to a third party without your permission.

Comment

Still not a HIPAA violation to release the info which only concerns a health professional releasing your info to a third party without your permission.
                    LT., the NYPD makes it tough for these young kids to get on. Up this way to get a police job its who you know. And the towns and the one city up here pays next to nothing!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                      The Psychological Services and background are seperate (along with medical agility). You can be placed on review or DQ for each indendant aspect. Hence, "4Q" is when your quaified in all aspects.

You CAN be on psych review while they request records from your investigator.
                      Yes, you CAN be on psych review while you are also on investigative review.

You CANNOT be on REJECTION REVIEW for psych if you are on review with APD...you will not receive a decision from psych if your BI has you on review for character (investigation). More importantly, the point of the post was that the Lieutenant would not have any specific knowledge about why this guy is on review as it relates to his psych, and what he is describing is more related to character (ex. brother with legal history, domestic complaints, place of residence, etc)

Comment

Still not a HIPAA violation to release the info which only concerns a health professional releasing your info to a third party without your permission.
                        It is a HIPPA violation to disclose the content of protected records to any one other than who they were intended for. It's also against the department policy to disclose information about psych to anyone that doesn't work at psych, like a family member or friend. There is information in there that is private and I'm sure people don't want it being spread around

Comment

Yes, you CAN be on psych review while you are also on investigative review.

You CANNOT be on REJECTION REVIEW for psych if you are on review with APD...you will not receive a decision from psych if your BI has you on review for character (investigation). More importantly, the point of the post was that the Lieutenant would not have any specific knowledge about why this guy is on review as it relates to his psych, and what he is describing is more related to character (ex. brother with legal history, domestic complaints, place of residence, etc)
                          Your technically correct. Psych Services should not discuss psych issues with APD, a LT, an Investigator, a police officer but, you would be naive to believe that it does not happen. Politics are alive in well within NYPD. I can tell you for a fact- that about two months before I was finally DQ i had detailed information about why. My situation came up during a conversation with my moms long time surgeon. He picked up the phone, and verbatum said "Hey chief, its the doc". Explained what was going on, and 15 minutes later i new everything- and he even went as far as saying "its nonsense, appeal it". (When my appeal was finalized and i was marked eligible, i was told to call him again- but, as my luck would hold the Chief had just retired). In fact, in the psychs notes were hand written notes of conversations they had with my investigator.

So yes, psych services told a 2 star chief who had nothing to do with psych services details.
                          Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                            Your technically correct. Psych Services should not discuss psych issues with APD, a LT, an Investigator, a police officer but, you would be naive to believe that it does not happen. Politics are alive in well within NYPD. I can tell you for a fact- that about two months before I was finally DQ i had detailed information about why. My situation came up during a conversation with my moms long time surgeon. He picked up the phone, and verbatum said "Hey chief, its the doc". Explained what was going on, and 15 minutes later i new everything- and he even went as far as saying "its nonsense, appeal it". (When my appeal was finalized and i was marked eligible, i was told to call him again- but, as my luck would hold the Chief had just retired). In fact, in the psychs notes were hand written notes of conversations they had with my investigator.

So yes, psych services told a 2 star chief who had nothing to do with psych services details.

Its called the "Old boy" network
                            A breeding ground of gossip, rumor, innuendo and aspirations. Present in all types of working environments.

Comment

• Has anyone ever heard of someone being DQ'd without getting a second interview? Or does a candidate usually get a second interview before thats done?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8736 users online. 372 members and 8364 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X