Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
    Hey who was the doctor?? Good luck believe it or not the oral psych is the hardest and most important part of the whole process my doctor tore Me a new one and put me on review because of a stupid close complaint filed against me that I had no idea existed let us know if u passed!
    Originally posted by dtmikelarry127 View Post
    Just found out ,I'm on psych review, I hope it's nothing crazy, apd told me it might be because I didn't meet with my bi yet and they want to see the outcome of the investigation as far as employment history dates,that was the only problem I had and school information....anybody could chime in on psych review
    Hey, how did you find out the reason why u got put on review , and what exam are you

Comment

• My Attorney is Robert Kronenberg

Comment

• They won't tell you why you got put on review you have to fight their decesion hire your own psych doctor and he requests your files from the nypd on the other hand if you get called back for a 2nd oral interview and still end up on review usually it's because of whatever questions they asked u on the 2nd interview they weren't happy with your answer
        Last edited by shimmy; 01-29-2016, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

deleted response
          Be prepared to sit on review for a year or so! Did u do a 2nd interview?
          Sorry meant for mikelarry127

Comment

• No havent, this was my first oral, and come bro please don't tell me that, a freaking year or two really, I was hoping a couple of weeks after my bi,

Comment

• does anyone know how long the written psych is good for?

I did mine october 2015. I'm going to be re-opening my case around 2017. I know my medical will be good because that lasts 2.5 years and I did that in sept 2015. I'm just wondering about the written because i'm not sure how long it's valid for.

Comment

• Originally posted by dtmikelarry127 View Post
                No havent, this was my first oral, and come bro please don't tell me that, a freaking year or two really, I was hoping a couple of weeks after my bi,
                It really depends was there anything on ur record that was questionable? or maybe some of ur written psych answers didn't match up with the questions they asked. In any case just see what your investigator says some ppl get off review. my friend was on review for HS academic records and then it got lifted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by dtmikelarry127 View Post
                  No havent, this was my first oral, and come bro please don't tell me that, a freaking year or two really, I was hoping a couple of weeks after my bi,
                  lol I had 2 psych interviews and I found my self on review for something so minor my bi told me its a joke yeah man be prepared if they put you on psych review its probably gonna be long long wait some people are on review until their list expires

Comment

• Originally posted by PETE3319 View Post
                    It really depends was there anything on ur record that was questionable? or maybe some of ur written psych answers didn't match up with the questions they asked. In any case just see what your investigator says some ppl get off review. my friend was on review for HS academic records and then it got lifted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I have a great investigator and she cant or wont answer any questions about the psych process she just keeps telling me to call psych services which you wont be able to get through besides I don't know if its a good idea to bother them

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
                      I have a great investigator and she cant or wont answer any questions about the psych process she just keeps telling me to call psych services which you wont be able to get through besides I don't know if its a good idea to bother them
                      Its not a good idea to keep calling psych cause they can't tell anyone y someone is on review

Comment

• For ALL the work Vista has put in, it would behoove you to read his answers. You all keep re-hashing the same questions. They have been answered many times.

Just because you post again and again, doesn't make it change.

Good thing APD monitors these threads.
                        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by supman View Post
                          hi, i have a question. my father had schizophrenia, how would this affect me during the psych interview?
                          I don't know why people are giving you terrible advice to withhold this information. They absolutely will ask you, it is stupid to lie about it and when they find out that you lied about it, you will be confronted and have to explain why they should give a gun to a liar. If you were smart, you'd actually use it as an opportunity to talk about how you coped with that as a kid, since it was probably hard to understand what was going on when you were young, and if he was ever hospitalized, I'm sure that was a little tough to see.

Use your life experiences to your advantage, the majority of EDPs that police deal with have mental illness in one form or another, your experience can actually be used to bolster your ability to effectively deal with people and show that you have patience and empathy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
                            A minor, 15. I called PD to avoid any confrontation. He wanted to fight me, I walked away. I was 22 when that happened.

Sent from my House Phone!!
                            Anything that a lieutenant is telling you is coming from APD - not psych. Psych does not and WILL NOT disclose any specifics about a psychological file to anyone. It is against HIPPA violations and the material contained in your psych file is confidential and kept under lock and key.

You are being held up by your character investigation---and no psych decision can be made until APD clears you. There are two stages of review. Almost everyone goes on "Review" (sometimes referred to as a psych hold) because they are waiting on records, need an arrest report, waiting for your investigator to clear you, etc etc. Rejection Review is when you are headed toward an NQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by mike_s1234 View Post
                              Anything that a lieutenant is telling you is coming from APD - not psych. Psych does not and WILL NOT disclose any specifics about a psychological file to anyone. It is against HIPPA violations and the material contained in your psych file is confidential and kept under lock and key.

You are being held up by your character investigation---and no psych decision can be made until APD clears you. There are two stages of review. Almost everyone goes on "Review" (sometimes referred to as a psych hold) because they are waiting on records, need an arrest report, waiting for your investigator to clear you, etc etc. Rejection Review is when you are headed toward an NQ.
                              Thanks for the info. I'm just going to wait it out. I know it's going to last a few months.

Sent from my House Phone!!

Comment

• Originally posted by NassauHopeful View Post
                                Thanks for the quick and great response. I guess I just have to ride out this whole NYPD situation and hope I don't get punished for being honest. I have already written off my chances of being in Aprils class.
                                Discontinued means that they didn't get the records they asked you for. They may have been sent, but maybe the fax didn't go through, or the mail hasn't filtered through the NYPD system yet. What you should be doing is emailing your psychologist (ask your BI if you don't remember the psychs name) [email protected] ask them what they are missing, in the meantime, have everyone send your records again.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9239 users online. 439 members and 8800 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X