Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I failed the NYPD psych a few years ago because I was not mentally well from health issues that are now resolved. A few months ago I took the NYC Corrections Psych and It went very well; my health is great and back to normal. I was told by someone in the department that I had passed the psych tests. I disclosed the fact that I used adderall for a brief period of time in my life within the last 5 years. Today I got a letter in the mail saying I failed the NYC Corrections Psych, pretty much saying they deemed me to be unstable based on their interview and test questions. I was not given a fair shot for employment based on my past. How should I proceed from here to give myself a shot at getting hired from NYC Corrections or Nassau Police based on these results. My ultimate goal is to get a job for the Nassau Police Department. Now I failed 2 psych exams and it's not going to fair well for my Nassau Police opportunity.
    Last edited by BronxBombers; 02-03-2016, 12:02 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by BronxBombers View Post
      I failed the NYPD psych a few years ago because I was not mentally well from health issues that are now resolved. A few months ago I took the NYC Corrections Psych and It went very well; my health is great and back to normal. I was told by someone in the department that I had passed the psych tests. I disclosed the fact that I used adderall for a brief period of time in my life within the last 5 years. Today I got a letter in the mail saying I failed the NYC Corrections Psych, pretty much saying they deemed me to be unstable based on their interview and test questions. I was not given a fair shot for employment based on my past. How should I proceed from here to give myself a shot at getting hired from NYC Corrections or Nassau Police based on these results. My ultimate goal is to get a job for the Nassau Police Department. Now I failed 2 psych exams and it's not going to fair well for my Nassau Police opportunity.
      I'd get a lawyer and try to appeal. Or just tell NCPD what happened. They're much more selective. I have plenty of Nypd friends and friends who scored 90's on Nassau and never even got assigned an investigator. Or try to go auxiliary police with Nassau county or city. that's what I'm gonna do because they write a letter to whatever PD you process for and it shows how you want the job and you're trying despite everything that happened.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • Its crazy to see how many guys are getting DQ or put on hold. I went to high school with a few guys who are in their mid 20s and are current NYPD officers. I didn't know all them personally but I know during high school a few of them were arrested for marijuana possession on school grounds and also a few more had more than one fight in high school. If these guys made into the academy within the last 3 years what changed that they became so strict?

        Sent from my Samsung Note 5

        Comment


        • 200 out of 40k applicants? That's not much...
          Now go home and get your shine box!

          Comment


          • I got held up because I didn't disclose a stupid college incident that took place. I'm gonna re open next year hopefully with auxiliary experience under my belt and get in. I'm only 21 so it's no biggie. I was called for the academy and then I withdrew last minute because I didn't wanna risk a DQ for character issues.


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • Isn't it once you're in the academy you're pretty much good to go? I was under the assumption that your BI via your investigator conducts college checks before clearing for academy


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • The Incident report got sent over 2 days prior to the academy. It actually worked in my favor because if they got it when i was sworn in i would've been fired on the spot. It's all good it's a stupid thing that happened I didn't even disclose it because I didn't even know it was on my school record but not much I can do now except hope for the best when I re open


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
                  Isn't it once you're in the academy you're pretty much good to go? I was under the assumption that your BI via your investigator conducts college checks before clearing for academy


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I heard if anything comes while in the academy or probation you can still be pulled out.
                  Originally posted by PETE3319 View Post
                  I got held up because I didn't disclose a stupid college incident that took place. I'm gonna re open next year hopefully with auxiliary experience under my belt and get in. I'm only 21 so it's no biggie. I was called for the academy and then I withdrew last minute because I didn't wanna risk a DQ for character issues.


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  That should be good, I haven't been through the process yet but I have 5 years auxiliary and the coordinators usually writes a recommendation letter.

                  Sent from my Samsung Note 5

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by stevebrm10 View Post
                    I heard if anything comes while in the academy or probation you can still be pulled out.

                    That should be good, I haven't been through the process yet but I have 5 years auxiliary and the coordinators usually writes a recommendation letter.

                    Sent from my Samsung Note 5

                    You can be terminated at any time during your
                    career for falsification and/or omission of negative background issues that come to light.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BronxBombers View Post
                      I failed the NYPD psych a few years ago because I was not mentally well from health issues that are now resolved. A few months ago I took the NYC Corrections Psych and It went very well; my health is great and back to normal. I was told by someone in the department that I had passed the psych tests. I disclosed the fact that I used adderall for a brief period of time in my life within the last 5 years. Today I got a letter in the mail saying I failed the NYC Corrections Psych, pretty much saying they deemed me to be unstable based on their interview and test questions. I was not given a fair shot for employment based on my past. How should I proceed from here to give myself a shot at getting hired from NYC Corrections or Nassau Police based on these results. My ultimate goal is to get a job for the Nassau Police Department. Now I failed 2 psych exams and it's not going to fair well for my Nassau Police opportunity.

                      At this point; its either upstate or out-of-state for law enforcement employment opportunities for you. Nassau is going to want to see your psych evals from NYC.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by PETE3319 View Post
                        I got held up because I didn't disclose a stupid college incident that took place. I'm gonna re open next year hopefully with auxiliary experience under my belt and get in. I'm only 21 so it's no biggie. I was called for the academy and then I withdrew last minute because I didn't wanna risk a DQ for character issues.


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        NYPD will only re-open your
                        previously sealed Background investigation file as I have stated this to you in an earlier posting on this thread. if you decide to retest again; you will be faced with the same dilemma.
                        Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 02-03-2016, 08:49 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BronxBombers View Post
                          I failed the NYPD psych a few years ago because I was not mentally well from health issues that are now resolved. A few months ago I took the NYC Corrections Psych and It went very well; my health is great and back to normal. I was told by someone in the department that I had passed the psych tests. I disclosed the fact that I used adderall for a brief period of time in my life within the last 5 years. Today I got a letter in the mail saying I failed the NYC Corrections Psych, pretty much saying they deemed me to be unstable based on their interview and test questions. I was not given a fair shot for employment based on my past. How should I proceed from here to give myself a shot at getting hired from NYC Corrections or Nassau Police based on these results. My ultimate goal is to get a job for the Nassau Police Department. Now I failed 2 psych exams and it's not going to fair well for my Nassau Police opportunity.
                          Same with me, however I was disqualified by both the nypd and doc a decade ago. I heard so so much time elapsed that it should not be an issue for to apply with other local law enforcement agencies. Right now I'm in the process of becoming a port authority officer.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by PETE3319 View Post
                            The Incident report got sent over 2 days prior to the academy. It actually worked in my favor because if they got it when i was sworn in i would've been fired on the spot. It's all good it's a stupid thing that happened I didn't even disclose it because I didn't even know it was on my school record but not much I can do now except hope for the best when I re open


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            How were you made aware of the report surfacing did you investigator notify you of it and gave you the option of withdrawing ? That would be pretty crummy if an investigator receives a report like that says nothing let's you start academy and then Notify's them of the incident. I guess they will let you resign from the academy , but to then start the whole process all over again would be a pretty lengthy process


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
                              How were you made aware of the report surfacing did you investigator notify you of it and gave you the option of withdrawing ? That would be pretty crummy if an investigator receives a report like that says nothing let's you start academy and then Notify's them of the incident. I guess they will let you resign from the academy , but to then start the whole process all over again would be a pretty lengthy process


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                              Jay_easy, read posts #1765
                              and #1764 in this thread. That would better explain to you the predicament he placed himself in with NYPD APD.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by PETE3319 View Post
                                The Incident report got sent over 2 days prior to the academy. It actually worked in my favor because if they got it when i was sworn in i would've been fired on the spot. It's all good it's a stupid thing that happened I didn't even disclose it because I didn't even know it was on my school record but not much I can do now except hope for the best when I re open


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                ...you realize that once you re-open you're going to be held up by psych, too right?. I really don't get why people take this sort of risk. Psych also digs into backgrounds--you're BI and psych work together, for all you know, psych passed this to APD, if they didn't, then APD is sending it in a memo to psych.

                                You didn't disclose it because you didn't think anyone would find out. Those are the clear facts that you've given them to go on. If you're going to lie to get the job, they expect that you're going to lie once you're on it. Just because there isn't a record, doesn't mean it didn't happen...just like OJ wasn't convicted of murder...doesn't mean he didn't do it.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5495 users online. 333 members and 5162 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X