Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would it be better to withdraw from the process so there is no DQ on my record?

Comment

• Originally posted by NassauHopeful View Post
      I've been marked discontinued from psych since November. I went to therapy 10 years ago when I was 13-14 as my father had anger issues. I was also suspended from school once. I sent over all the paperwork from my high school and then it took me a while, but my old therapist, even though he didn't remember me sent over a letter stating that there are no records available for me and then I had my health insurance company send over a letter stating there are no available records. The psych Doctor received everything right after New Years, I am still marked discontinued and was told that my psychological processing will resume. What are my odds here? Am I screwed for Being honest or will I ever get in? I also got called for Nassau and I do not want my Nassau chances screwed up because of this NYPD situation, if anyone can give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated as this whole situation has given me much grief
      PM me about nasssu
      Problems with a psych exam?
      Have an upcoming
      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
      you make up your mind.
      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Madman718 View Post
        I got disqualified by the NYPD in 2006 about my opinion about lying. I applied again and went through the whole entire process, however the previous psych filed remained which was piggy backed on to current psych for that application. A year later I tried with the department of corrections and they too followed the NYPD protocol. For a decade I left law enforcement alone. So far I have passed NYS Court Officer test, MTA BT exam and last Port Authority of NY and NJ police exam. Right now I'm a candidate for the Port Authority Police department and currently going through the process. I'm worried about my last list of Disqulifications might hinder me from going on with my process of becoming PAPD cop. I spoke to a Port Authority officer and he said, to be honest that was a decade ago and lots of time elapsed since then, however their is a chance PAPD can take previous disqualifications into account. I feel that my chanceis 50/50 with the PAPD. What do you guys think? If anything I would probably bow out of the processing for my application if my previous disqualifications hinder me from progressing.
        Port auth makes their own decision. U get printed yet?
        Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
        you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by NassauHopeful View Post
          Would it be better to withdraw from the process so there is no DQ on my record?
          Yes but that's your last option. Your first is to hire a lawyer or a psychologist and fight your case. You will have a higher chance of winning; but if you withdraw you are basically given up and now when you apply again you will be question about it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• @MadMan718

Can you turn on your PM??
            Last edited by nick0525; 02-02-2016, 08:04 AM.

Comment

• Yeah I got got printed yesterday. I'm just waiting for for my investigator to call me.

Comment

• I just got a copy of a letter from the psych services to the CSC stating to sustain dq judgement. The copy was also sent to my attorney does that mean a decision is coming up soon?

Comment

• Got a letter today from nypd after submitting artcle 78 case. The letter saids" You were considered and not selected for appointment or promotion on three separate occasions from this certifications. Such ineligibility is only for the above named agency. You can be recertified to that agency only upon the agencys request therefore you must write to the agency directly"

Basically is states I was suited qualified as a police officer but more qualified candidates were chosen over me . It sucks because I cant appeal this type of letter. The positive thing is that I wasn't DQED. So if I take the test again and process it will better my chances. Looks like im going to try for corrections in the mean time.

Comment

• Originally posted by venum444 View Post
                    Got a letter today from nypd after submitting artcle 78 case. The letter saids" You were considered and not selected for appointment or promotion on three separate occasions from this certifications. Such ineligibility is only for the above named agency. You can be recertified to that agency only upon the agencys request therefore you must write to the agency directly"

Basically is states I was suited qualified as a police officer but more qualified candidates were chosen over me . It sucks because I cant appeal this type of letter. The positive thing is that I wasn't DQED. So if I take the test again and process it will better my chances. Looks like im going to try for corrections in the mean time.
                    It is what happens when you force the Them into a corner..... You walked out agead, saying your never DQ but- im not sure if it was worth the money. They likely would have "considered not selected" without legally challenging them.
                    Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by RamosJacob View Post
                      I just got a copy of a letter from the psych services to the CSC stating to sustain dq judgement. The copy was also sent to my attorney does that mean a decision is coming up soon?
                      No, it still takes a lot of time. Who did you use?
                      Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• I have a question. 8 years ago I attempted to appeal both of my nypd and doc disqualifications. However I did not have any enough funds to do the appeal. I even saw Jose arcaya and he he said nothing was wrong with me. 8 years later now I'm in the the process with papd. I hope these nypd doc dq won't cause any trouble with me now.

Comment

• Hey I did my oral today, wanted to know did anybody had to fill a form out with name and address on it,that was inside a folder with a cut out for the info during the actual interview, is that normal...over all the interview went well only problem I had was my employment history dates was a little messed up,

Comment

• Originally posted by Madman718 View Post
                            I have a question. 8 years ago I attempted to appeal both of my nypd and doc disqualifications. However I did not have any enough funds to do the appeal. I even saw Jose arcaya and he he said nothing was wrong with me. 8 years later now I'm in the the process with papd. I hope these nypd doc dq won't cause any trouble with me now.

deleted response

Comment

• Originally posted by dtmikelarry127 View Post
                              Hey I did my oral today, wanted to know did anybody had to fill a form out with name and address on it,that was inside a folder with a cut out for the info during the actual interview, is that normal...over all the interview went well only problem I had was my employment history dates was a little messed up,
                              Hey who was the doctor?? Good luck believe it or not the oral psych is the hardest and most important part of the whole process my doctor tore Me a new one and put me on review because of a stupid close complaint filed against me that I had no idea existed let us know if u passed!

Comment

• Just found out ,I'm on psych review, I hope it's nothing crazy, apd told me it might be because I didn't meet with my bi yet and they want to see the outcome of the investigation as far as employment history dates,that was the only problem I had and school information....anybody could chime in on psych review

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6382 users online. 342 members and 6040 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X