Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
    I called the cops twice on my little brother because he was bringing his girlfriend to sleep over she was like 14 that happened more than 5 years ago and his record is all messed up. That is affecting me with the process. A friend of mine who's a lieutenant told me that. He knows some people and they check my case. I don't know if they are doing a deeper investigation, all I know is that I'm on review.

Sent from my House Phone!!

I don't know why this should be affecting you.....has nothing to do with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

I don't know why this should be affecting you.....has nothing to do with you.
      That's what the lieutenant friend of mine told me. He did not even know about that incident. He brought it up after he checked my case.

Comment

A minor, 15. I called PD to avoid any confrontation. He wanted to fight me, I walked away. I was 22 when that happened.

You must have one drama-filled colorful set of relatives.....once you get hired by a law enforce
        ment agency--you need to avoid them at all costs.

Comment

• I've been marked discontinued from psych since November. I went to therapy 10 years ago when I was 13-14 as my father had anger issues. I was also suspended from school once. I sent over all the paperwork from my high school and then it took me a while, but my old therapist, even though he didn't remember me sent over a letter stating that there are no records available for me and then I had my health insurance company send over a letter stating there are no available records. The psych Doctor received everything right after New Years, I am still marked discontinued and was told that my psychological processing will resume. What are my odds here? Am I screwed for Being honest or will I ever get in? I also got called for Nassau and I do not want my Nassau chances screwed up because of this NYPD situation, if anyone can give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated as this whole situation has given me much grief

Comment

• Originally posted by NassauHopeful View Post
            I've been marked discontinued from psych since November. I went to therapy 10 years ago when I was 13-14 as my father had anger issues. I was also suspended from school once. I sent over all the paperwork from my high school and then it took me a while, but my old therapist, even though he didn't remember me sent over a letter stating that there are no records available for me and then I had my health insurance company send over a letter stating there are no available records. The psych Doctor received everything right after New Years, I am still marked discontinued and was told that my psychological processing will resume. What are my odds here? Am I screwed for Being honest or will I ever get in? I also got called for Nassau and I do not want my Nassau chances screwed up because of this NYPD situation, if anyone can give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated as this whole situation has given me much grief

Each agency has its own criteria for their hiring procedures. What might be an obstacle for employment for one agency could very well not matter to another. Just go about the process one day at a time--don't think about future roadblocks--and think positive.

Comment

• Thanks for the quick and great response. I guess I just have to ride out this whole NYPD situation and hope I don't get punished for being honest. I have already written off my chances of being in Aprils class.

Comment

• Originally posted by NassauHopeful View Post
                Thanks for the quick and great response. I guess I just have to ride out this whole NYPD situation and hope I don't get punished for being honest. I have already written off my chances of being in Aprils class.

Did you know its a THREE year long average waiting time process from date of written test to actual appointment??

Comment

I called the cops twice on my little brother because he was bringing his girlfriend to sleep over she was like 14 that happened more than 5 years ago and his record is all messed up. That is affecting me with the process. A friend of mine who's a lieutenant told me that. He knows some people and they check my case. I don't know if they are doing a deeper investigation, all I know is that I'm on review.

Yea it seems if you have even the slightest thing on record you'll be put on review I'm not expecting to be taken off review just waiting on my proposed dq letter

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
                    Yea it seems if you have even the slightest thing on record you'll be put on review I'm not expecting to be taken off review just waiting on my proposed dq letter
                    I know, they want you to have a perfect clean record.

Comment

• [QUOTE=NassauHopeful;3813872]I've been marked discontinued from psych since November. I went to therapy 10 years ago when I was 13-14 as my father had anger issues. I was also suspended from school once. I sent over all the paperwork from my high school and then it took me a while, but my old therapist, even though he didn't remember me sent over a letter stating that there are no records available for me and then I had my health insurance company send over a letter stating there are no available records. The psych Doctor received everything right after New Years, I am still marked discontinued and was told that my psychological processing will resume. What are my odds here? Am I screwed for Being honest or will I ever get in? I also got called for Nassau and I do not want my Nassau chances screwed up because of this NYPD situation, if anyone can give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated as this whole situation has given me much

I saw a counselor on and off in high school for help with school work they requested my iep and counselor notes they got the iep the counselor sent a letter saying her notes were thrown away.. I was taken off hold and put on review which will probably happen to you it seems the only people that make it through have 0 bumps on their record weather it be complaints filed against them or a minor thing in high school

Comment

I know, they want you to have a perfect clean record.

Yes, but no one is perfect and everyone has experienced negative events in their lifetime.

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post

Don't feel bad about it. There are other agencies that are willing to give you a chance at employment.

Comment

• [QUOTE=shimmy;3814287]
                            Originally posted by NassauHopeful View Post
                            I've been marked discontinued from psych since November. I went to therapy 10 years ago when I was 13-14 as my father had anger issues. I was also suspended from school once. I sent over all the paperwork from my high school and then it took me a while, but my old therapist, even though he didn't remember me sent over a letter stating that there are no records available for me and then I had my health insurance company send over a letter stating there are no available records. The psych Doctor received everything right after New Years, I am still marked discontinued and was told that my psychological processing will resume. What are my odds here? Am I screwed for Being honest or will I ever get in? I also got called for Nassau and I do not want my Nassau chances screwed up because of this NYPD situation, if anyone can give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated as this whole situation has given me much

I saw a counselor on and off in high school for help with school work they requested my iep and counselor notes they got the iep the counselor sent a letter saying her notes were thrown away.. I was taken off hold and put on review which will probably happen to you it seems the only people that make it through have 0 bumps on their record weather it be complaints filed against them or a minor thing in high school

Did you get hired by NYPD?

Comment

• I got disqualified by the NYPD in 2006 about my opinion about lying. I applied again and went through the whole entire process, however the previous psych filed remained which was piggy backed on to current psych for that application. A year later I tried with the department of corrections and they too followed the NYPD protocol. For a decade I left law enforcement alone. So far I have passed NYS Court Officer test, MTA BT exam and last Port Authority of NY and NJ police exam. Right now I'm a candidate for the Port Authority Police department and currently going through the process. I'm worried about my last list of Disqulifications might hinder me from going on with my process of becoming PAPD cop. I spoke to a Port Authority officer and he said, to be honest that was a decade ago and lots of time elapsed since then, however their is a chance PAPD can take previous disqualifications into account. I feel that my chanceis 50/50 with the PAPD. What do you guys think? If anything I would probably bow out of the processing for my application if my previous disqualifications hinder me from progressing.

Comment

• [QUOTE=NassauHopeful;3814532]
                                Originally posted by shimmy View Post

Did you get hired by NYPD?
                                Nope

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5634 users online. 306 members and 5328 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X