Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [QUOTE=NassauHopeful;3813872]I've been marked discontinued from psych since November. I went to therapy 10 years ago when I was 13-14 as my father had anger issues. I was also suspended from school once. I sent over all the paperwork from my high school and then it took me a while, but my old therapist, even though he didn't remember me sent over a letter stating that there are no records available for me and then I had my health insurance company send over a letter stating there are no available records. The psych Doctor received everything right after New Years, I am still marked discontinued and was told that my psychological processing will resume. What are my odds here? Am I screwed for Being honest or will I ever get in? I also got called for Nassau and I do not want my Nassau chances screwed up because of this NYPD situation, if anyone can give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated as this whole situation has given me much

    I saw a counselor on and off in high school for help with school work they requested my iep and counselor notes they got the iep the counselor sent a letter saying her notes were thrown away.. I was taken off hold and put on review which will probably happen to you it seems the only people that make it through have 0 bumps on their record weather it be complaints filed against them or a minor thing in high school

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
      I know, they want you to have a perfect clean record.


      Sent from my House Phone!!

      Yes, but no one is perfect and everyone has experienced negative events in their lifetime.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by shimmy View Post
        Yea it seems if you have even the slightest thing on record you'll be put on review I'm not expecting to be taken off review just waiting on my proposed dq letter

        Don't feel bad about it. There are other agencies that are willing to give you a chance at employment.

        Comment


        • [QUOTE=shimmy;3814287]
          Originally posted by NassauHopeful View Post
          I've been marked discontinued from psych since November. I went to therapy 10 years ago when I was 13-14 as my father had anger issues. I was also suspended from school once. I sent over all the paperwork from my high school and then it took me a while, but my old therapist, even though he didn't remember me sent over a letter stating that there are no records available for me and then I had my health insurance company send over a letter stating there are no available records. The psych Doctor received everything right after New Years, I am still marked discontinued and was told that my psychological processing will resume. What are my odds here? Am I screwed for Being honest or will I ever get in? I also got called for Nassau and I do not want my Nassau chances screwed up because of this NYPD situation, if anyone can give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated as this whole situation has given me much

          I saw a counselor on and off in high school for help with school work they requested my iep and counselor notes they got the iep the counselor sent a letter saying her notes were thrown away.. I was taken off hold and put on review which will probably happen to you it seems the only people that make it through have 0 bumps on their record weather it be complaints filed against them or a minor thing in high school

          Did you get hired by NYPD?

          Comment


          • I got disqualified by the NYPD in 2006 about my opinion about lying. I applied again and went through the whole entire process, however the previous psych filed remained which was piggy backed on to current psych for that application. A year later I tried with the department of corrections and they too followed the NYPD protocol. For a decade I left law enforcement alone. So far I have passed NYS Court Officer test, MTA BT exam and last Port Authority of NY and NJ police exam. Right now I'm a candidate for the Port Authority Police department and currently going through the process. I'm worried about my last list of Disqulifications might hinder me from going on with my process of becoming PAPD cop. I spoke to a Port Authority officer and he said, to be honest that was a decade ago and lots of time elapsed since then, however their is a chance PAPD can take previous disqualifications into account. I feel that my chanceis 50/50 with the PAPD. What do you guys think? If anything I would probably bow out of the processing for my application if my previous disqualifications hinder me from progressing.

            Comment


            • [QUOTE=NassauHopeful;3814532]
              Originally posted by shimmy View Post


              Did you get hired by NYPD?
              Nope

              Comment


              • Would it be better to withdraw from the process so there is no DQ on my record?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by NassauHopeful View Post
                  I've been marked discontinued from psych since November. I went to therapy 10 years ago when I was 13-14 as my father had anger issues. I was also suspended from school once. I sent over all the paperwork from my high school and then it took me a while, but my old therapist, even though he didn't remember me sent over a letter stating that there are no records available for me and then I had my health insurance company send over a letter stating there are no available records. The psych Doctor received everything right after New Years, I am still marked discontinued and was told that my psychological processing will resume. What are my odds here? Am I screwed for Being honest or will I ever get in? I also got called for Nassau and I do not want my Nassau chances screwed up because of this NYPD situation, if anyone can give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated as this whole situation has given me much grief
                  PM me about nasssu
                  Problems with a psych exam?
                  Have an upcoming
                  PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                  If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                  you make up your mind.
                  WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                  Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                  Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                  http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Madman718 View Post
                    I got disqualified by the NYPD in 2006 about my opinion about lying. I applied again and went through the whole entire process, however the previous psych filed remained which was piggy backed on to current psych for that application. A year later I tried with the department of corrections and they too followed the NYPD protocol. For a decade I left law enforcement alone. So far I have passed NYS Court Officer test, MTA BT exam and last Port Authority of NY and NJ police exam. Right now I'm a candidate for the Port Authority Police department and currently going through the process. I'm worried about my last list of Disqulifications might hinder me from going on with my process of becoming PAPD cop. I spoke to a Port Authority officer and he said, to be honest that was a decade ago and lots of time elapsed since then, however their is a chance PAPD can take previous disqualifications into account. I feel that my chanceis 50/50 with the PAPD. What do you guys think? If anything I would probably bow out of the processing for my application if my previous disqualifications hinder me from progressing.
                    Port auth makes their own decision. U get printed yet?
                    Problems with a psych exam?
                    Have an upcoming
                    PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                    If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                    you make up your mind.
                    WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                    Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                    Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                    http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by NassauHopeful View Post
                      Would it be better to withdraw from the process so there is no DQ on my record?
                      Yes but that's your last option. Your first is to hire a lawyer or a psychologist and fight your case. You will have a higher chance of winning; but if you withdraw you are basically given up and now when you apply again you will be question about it...


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • @MadMan718

                        Can you turn on your PM??
                        Last edited by nick0525; 02-02-2016, 08:04 AM.

                        Comment


                        • Yeah I got got printed yesterday. I'm just waiting for for my investigator to call me.

                          Comment


                          • I just got a copy of a letter from the psych services to the CSC stating to sustain dq judgement. The copy was also sent to my attorney does that mean a decision is coming up soon?

                            Comment


                            • Got a letter today from nypd after submitting artcle 78 case. The letter saids" You were considered and not selected for appointment or promotion on three separate occasions from this certifications. Such ineligibility is only for the above named agency. You can be recertified to that agency only upon the agencys request therefore you must write to the agency directly"

                              Basically is states I was suited qualified as a police officer but more qualified candidates were chosen over me . It sucks because I cant appeal this type of letter. The positive thing is that I wasn't DQED. So if I take the test again and process it will better my chances. Looks like im going to try for corrections in the mean time.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by venum444 View Post
                                Got a letter today from nypd after submitting artcle 78 case. The letter saids" You were considered and not selected for appointment or promotion on three separate occasions from this certifications. Such ineligibility is only for the above named agency. You can be recertified to that agency only upon the agencys request therefore you must write to the agency directly"

                                Basically is states I was suited qualified as a police officer but more qualified candidates were chosen over me . It sucks because I cant appeal this type of letter. The positive thing is that I wasn't DQED. So if I take the test again and process it will better my chances. Looks like im going to try for corrections in the mean time.
                                It is what happens when you force the Them into a corner..... You walked out agead, saying your never DQ but- im not sure if it was worth the money. They likely would have "considered not selected" without legally challenging them.
                                Problems with a psych exam?
                                Have an upcoming
                                PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?


                                If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                                you make up your mind.
                                WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM



                                Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

                                Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                                http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8690 users online. 474 members and 8216 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X