Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Vista;3809118]Psych review? Its not rare

I had my 2nd interview in mid December im still on review so im hoping ill either get Q'd or get my letter of dq in a timely manner so I can start fighting it I cant afford to wait 2 yrs

Comment

• [QUOTE=shimmy;3809144]
      Originally posted by Vista View Post
      Psych review? Its not rare

I had my 2nd interview in mid December im still on review so im hoping ill either get Q'd or get my letter of dq in a timely manner so I can start fighting it I cant afford to wait 2 yrs
      Appeals take time; they are NOT held on demand. Even if you are re-instated to the certified list of eligibles by the CSC-- it is no guarantee that NYPD will hire you. Have you thought about taking other civil service exams in the interim??

Comment

• [QUOTE=CountyCorrectionOfficer;3809149][QUOTE=shimmy;3809144]

[B]Appeals take time; they are NOT held on demand. Even if you are re

I took the court officer exam in 2009 im in the hiring process waiting to do my oral psych for them I have a high list number so hopfully I can get into the last academy for before they start taking from the 2014 exam

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
          Did they call you back for a 2nd interview?
          Not yet.. All i know is after the interview the lady gave me letter stating that she wanted me to fax her my school transcripts which i did the day after the interview. No word on anything since Oct 27th, And finished all the other steps. Even did my mini med which was probably pointless since it will probably expire soon and shave my leg again lol

Comment

• Originally posted by JRNYC2626 View Post
            Not yet.. All i know is after the interview the lady gave me letter stating that she wanted me to fax her my school transcripts which i did the day after the interview. No word on anything since Oct 27th, And finished all the other steps. Even did my mini med which was probably pointless since it will probably expire soon and shave my leg again lol
            Try calling the psych department and ask what's going on with your case but it's hard to get someone on the phone

Comment

• Just received the e-mail for proposed DQ. Sucks but I pretty much knew it was coming, so I have a psych who will re-evaluate me, she is requesting my records from the NYPD this week to review my file. I was also thinking of contacting Jerold Levine, but wanted to see what would happen first after submitting my re-evaluation, then if I am still DQ'ed maybe then using J. Levine.

Anyone have any ideas or believe I should things in a different order, please let me know any help or advice would be greatly appreciated .

PS my Exam Number expires on June 27, 2016 but I heard once you start the Appeals Process that it places a hold on your exam number, any of this sound correct?
              Last edited by tusky06; 01-18-2016, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• The same happen to me. The lady at the end of the interview told me I needed to fax my high school records over, the school district is gonna fax them tomorrow. But from the looks of it I could be on review for a while and my exam is up in May.

Comment

• Originally posted by tusky06 View Post
                  Just received the e-mail for proposed DQ. Sucks but I pretty much knew it was coming, so I have a psych who will re-evaluate me, she is requesting my records from the NYPD this week to review my file. I was also thinking of contacting Jerold Levine, but wanted to see what would happen first after submitting my re-evaluation, then if I am still DQ'ed maybe then using J. Levine.

Anyone have any ideas or believe I should things in a different order, please let me know any help or advice would be greatly appreciated .

PS my Exam Number expires on June 27, 2016 but I heard once you start the Appeals Process that it places a hold on your exam number, any of this sound correct?
                  no I don't think they will hold your number you list expires no matter if your fighting the dq or not

Comment

• Originally posted by Lijames631 View Post
                    The same happen to me. The lady at the end of the interview told me I needed to fax my high school records over, the school district is gonna fax them tomorrow. But from the looks of it I could be on review for a while and my exam is up in May.
                    I think Im going to call the Psych Dept and ask them about that, that is if they are able to actually pick up the phone for once LOL

Comment

• Is there anyway for me to get paperwork from the NYPD psych department on why I failed their psych evaluation? Reason for this is so I can show other police departments the paper work. I already missed a academy class for NYC Corrections because NYPD did not respond to them about my failed psych.

Comment

• Originally posted by BronxBombers View Post
                        Is there anyway for me to get paperwork from the NYPD psych department on why I failed their psych evaluation? Reason for this is so I can show other police departments the paper work. I already missed a academy class for NYC Corrections because NYPD did not respond to them about my failed psych.

The only way you will be able to get these documents is if you file an appeal with the NYC CSC. Other than that; these documents are deemed sensitive internal interdepartmental memos just as the contents of your background investigation file is.

Comment

• A friend of mine who's in the academy right now, he told me 25 people has left/resigned from January class already. People on review who really want the job, don't get the opportunity, it's unfair. Smh.

Sent from my House Phone!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
                            A friend of mine who's in the academy right now, he told me 25 people has left/resigned from January class already. People on review who really want the job, don't get the opportunity, it's unfair. Smh.

Just as working in corrections; it's not a job meant for everyone. Keep in mind recruits in the NYPD academy are subject to stimuli not present in ordinary, run-of-the-mill, civilian private employment positions. Can you work rotating shifts and be able to adjust your sleeping habits accordingly? In the academy they do have night classes to acclimate the recruits to working graveyard shifts. A lot of people just simply can not make that adjustment. The NYPD academy is part of the probationary period to ascertain whether the recruit can learn and adjust themselves to the rigors of police work in the City of New York.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                              Just as working in corrections; it's not a job meant for everyone. Keep in mind recruits in the NYPD academy are subject to stimuli not present in ordinary, run-of-the-mill, civilian private employment positions. Can you work rotating shifts and be able to adjust your sleeping habits accordingly? In the academy they do have night classes to acclimate the recruits to working graveyard shifts. A lot of people just simply can not make that adjustment. The NYPD academy is part of the probationary period to ascertain whether the recruit can learn and adjust themselves to the rigors of police work in the City of New York.
                              They should have done their homework before applying for the job.

Comment

• So if i needed to provide medical records and a college transcript to the Dr, this means im under review or is there a hold pending documents?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5745 users online. 266 members and 5479 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X