Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anyway for me to get paperwork from the NYPD psych department on why I failed their psych evaluation? Reason for this is so I can show other police departments the paper work. I already missed a academy class for NYC Corrections because NYPD did not respond to them about my failed psych.

Comment

• Originally posted by BronxBombers View Post
      Is there anyway for me to get paperwork from the NYPD psych department on why I failed their psych evaluation? Reason for this is so I can show other police departments the paper work. I already missed a academy class for NYC Corrections because NYPD did not respond to them about my failed psych.

The only way you will be able to get these documents is if you file an appeal with the NYC CSC. Other than that; these documents are deemed sensitive internal interdepartmental memos just as the contents of your background investigation file is.

Comment

• A friend of mine who's in the academy right now, he told me 25 people has left/resigned from January class already. People on review who really want the job, don't get the opportunity, it's unfair. Smh.

Sent from my House Phone!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
          A friend of mine who's in the academy right now, he told me 25 people has left/resigned from January class already. People on review who really want the job, don't get the opportunity, it's unfair. Smh.

Just as working in corrections; it's not a job meant for everyone. Keep in mind recruits in the NYPD academy are subject to stimuli not present in ordinary, run-of-the-mill, civilian private employment positions. Can you work rotating shifts and be able to adjust your sleeping habits accordingly? In the academy they do have night classes to acclimate the recruits to working graveyard shifts. A lot of people just simply can not make that adjustment. The NYPD academy is part of the probationary period to ascertain whether the recruit can learn and adjust themselves to the rigors of police work in the City of New York.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
            Just as working in corrections; it's not a job meant for everyone. Keep in mind recruits in the NYPD academy are subject to stimuli not present in ordinary, run-of-the-mill, civilian private employment positions. Can you work rotating shifts and be able to adjust your sleeping habits accordingly? In the academy they do have night classes to acclimate the recruits to working graveyard shifts. A lot of people just simply can not make that adjustment. The NYPD academy is part of the probationary period to ascertain whether the recruit can learn and adjust themselves to the rigors of police work in the City of New York.
            They should have done their homework before applying for the job.

Comment

• So if i needed to provide medical records and a college transcript to the Dr, this means im under review or is there a hold pending documents?

Comment

• Originally posted by JJ34 View Post
                So if i needed to provide medical records and a college transcript to the Dr, this means im under review or is there a hold pending documents?
                Your on psych hold until they get your paperwork

Comment

• Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
                  They should have done their homework before applying for the job.

True, and it's usually at that point their law enforcement career in New York State will come to an end after leaving the academy.

Comment

• [QUOTE=shimmy;3809144]
                    Originally posted by Vista View Post
                    Psych review? Its not rare

I had my 2nd interview in mid December im still on review so im hoping ill either get Q'd or get my letter of dq in a timely manner so I can start fighting it I cant afford to wait 2 yrs
                    It took eight months after my second interview for the NYPD to reach a final decision. I can tell you this, if i would have sought out an Injunction to force a decision they probably would have sustained the DQ as opposed to rescinding it.

What few civil service attornies willtell you is that Article78 proceedings pertaining to law enforcement employment have an extremely low success rate, very costly and very lengthy. The NYPD (which has many lawyers working on a salary- in fact NYC operates the largest law firmin the country) will file motions, order to show cause,requests for more time etc. They will play the legal paperwork game to stall it. It can be years before the case is actually heard, at a high price, with a success rate that is dubious at best. Then you will likely still have to endure a civil service appeal.

Personally- you were afforded a second interview, which means they were on the fence. Theirs a good chance they will side in your favor- you really wanna shake them up?

Im all for civil service appeals- but ill be the first to admit that Article 78's are most often a waste of money.

The ONLY way id consider an article 78 is if i was nearing the maximim statutory age of employment and ineligible to take another exam.
                    Problems with a psych exam?
                    Have an upcoming
                    PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                    you make up your mind.
                    WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                    http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                      The only way you will be able to get these documents is if you file an appeal with the NYC CSC. Other than that; these documents are deemed sensitive internal interdepartmental memos just as the contents of your background investigation file is.
                      Their may be another option. Their was a candidate who was DQ by the Port Authority for psychological reasons. Like Suffolk County, port authority takes the position that their psychological records are their property and not subject to public health law pertaining to medical records.

The candidate filed an article 78 against them, because Port Authority has no internal appeal process. Although he lost the Article 78 in the aspect of forcing the hiring decision, the supreme court held that agency psychological and medical documentation IS subject to public health law, and as such must be released in accordance to such law.

Perhaps filing a complaint with the NYS Department of Health asking them to launch an inquiry? In the end, they may actually have to sue NYPD. THIS would probably be a solid article 78 case against NYPD as it does not involve a hiring decision on NYPD's part, but a failure to abide by an applicable law. Ill find the case later; but, it was one of Rob Kronenberg's cases.
                      http://decisions.courts.state.ny.us/...007001SCIV.pdf
                      Last edited by Vista; 01-19-2016, 08:25 AM.
                      Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                      you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJ34 View Post
                        So if i needed to provide medical records and a college transcript to the Dr, this means im under review or is there a hold pending documents?
                        certified mail, "green card" return reciept requested for everything.
                        Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                          Their may be another option. Their was a candidate who was DQ by the Port Authority for psychological reasons. Like Suffolk County, port authority takes the position that their psychological records are their property and not subject to public health law pertaining to medical records.

The candidate filed an article 78 against them, because Port Authority has no internal appeal process. Although he lost the Article 78 in the aspect of forcing the hiring decision, the supreme court held that agency psychological and medical documentation IS subject to public health law, and as such must be released in accordance to such law.

Perhaps filing a complaint with the NYS Department of Health asking them to launch an inquiry? In the end, they may actually have to sue NYPD. THIS would probably be a solid article 78 case against NYPD as it does not involve a hiring decision on NYPD's part, but a failure to abide by an applicable law. Ill find the case later; but, it was one of Rob Kronenberg's cases.
                          http://decisions.courts.state.ny.us/...007001SCIV.pdf

Excellent observation and use of the NYS Public Health Law!! However; another valid point is that the in-house NYPD psychologist DOES NOT actually medically 'treat' the candidate but merely "evaluates" him/her on the basis of documented collected data and verbal responses to questions..
                          Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 01-19-2016, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Vista;3810066]
                            Originally posted by shimmy View Post

It took eight months after my second interview for the NYPD to reach a final decision. I can tell you this, if i would have sought out an Injunction to force a decision they probably would have sustained the DQ as opposed to rescinding it.

What few civil service attornies willtell you is that Article78 proceedings pertaining to law enforcement employment have an extremely low success rate, very costly and very lengthy. The NYPD (which has many lawyers working on a salary- in fact NYC operates the largest law firmin the country) will file motions, order to show cause,requests for more time etc. They will play the legal paperwork game to stall it. It can be years before the case is actually heard, at a high price, with a success rate that is dubious at best. Then you will likely still have to endure a civil service appeal.

Personally- you were afforded a second interview, which means they were on the fence. Theirs a good chance they will side in your favor- you really wanna shake them up?

Im all for civil service appeals- but ill be the first to admit that Article 78's are most often a waste of money.

The ONLY way id consider an article 78 is if i was nearing the maximim statutory age of employment and ineligible to take another exam.
                            I'm 32 years old dcas said my exam expires in 2018 (exam4300) so you ended up getting Q'd after being on review for that long? I'm waiting probably till end of march then gonna have a consolation with jerold levine see what he says about my chances of winning

Comment

• [QUOTE=shimmy;3810223]

I'm 32 years old dcas said my exam expires in 2018 (exam4300) so you ended up getting Q'd after being on review for that long? I'm waiting probably till end of march then gonna have a consolation with jerold levine see what he says about my chances of winning
                              The waiting process is the worse. Being on review is stressful man.

Comment

• [QUOTE=shimmy;3810223]

Have you considered a career in corrections?? It's a honorable profession. This post is directed to Shimmy, not Vista.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5031 users online. 307 members and 4724 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X