Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=mike_s1234;3805078]
    Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post

No, I've worked in the hiring process
    Good to know. Are you retired already ??

Sent from my House Phone!!

Comment

• Hey guys question for you guys.
      Does anyone have a number for the Psych unit. A number that someone picks up lol. i was put in review this morning until high school records get faxed. But the school sent out the records to get turned in to film 5 days ago , so I keep calling the number that no one picks up. Any help would be great. Thanks guys

Comment

• Originally posted by Lijames631 View Post
        Hey guys question for you guys.
        Does anyone have a number for the Psych unit. A number that someone picks up lol. i was put in review this morning until high school records get faxed. But the school sent out the records to get turned in to film 5 days ago , so I keep calling the number that no one picks up. Any help would be great. Thanks guys
        You should email the doctor. Firstname.lastname@nypd.org

Comment

• Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
          You should email the doctor. Firstname.lastname@nypd.org
          She didn't give me a first name only last name.

Comment

• Keep calling the number you have until someone picks up. Officer Rebah sometimes answer that phone. He can help you out. Try calling early in the morning like around 7am

Comment

• Awesome, I'll try tomorrow. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by mike_s1234 View Post
                extremely common--for obvious reasons, if one agency is thinking your fine, but sees you were psych DQ elsewhere (which your investigator would inform them of) they've got to look into it. I knew someone psych DQ from port authority but Q'd for NYPD, took awhile for her to get PA to release it to NYPD but once she did she moved along and was hired. Different agencies have diff standards, however doc and NYPD have very similar standards so it raises questions when one agency thinks your good to go and the other didn't--have to see if they missed something or you withheld something. Not necessarily a big deal, could be that NYPD failed you 3 years ago and whatever the issue was back then, isn't an issue anymore because it was awhile ago

Most of the smaller agencies don't even bother with psych evaluations. Psychology is basically a "hit or miss" speculative art--not an exact science.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

Most of the smaller agencies don't even bother with psych evaluations. Psychology is basically a "hit or miss" speculative art--not an exact science.
                  Actually, each state has a commission on law enforcement standards, and they are working toward changing the hiring process of smaller agencies. And a PhD, which most psychs have, is by definition an doctoral level research degree.

Not to mention the fact that many DQs are upheld by CSC, which is made up of non-agency attorneys, I think it's fair to assume they aren't risking serious lawsuits on the basis of witchcraft.

https://www.theiacp.org/Portals/0/do...015YearEnd.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by mike_s1234 View Post
                    Actually, each state has a commission on law enforcement standards, and they are working toward changing the hiring process of smaller agencies. And a PhD, which most psychs have, is by definition an doctoral level research degree.

Not to mention the fact that many DQs are upheld by CSC, which is made up of non-agency attorneys, I think it's fair to assume they aren't risking serious lawsuits on the basis of witchcraft.

https://www.theiacp.org/Portals/0/do...015YearEnd.pdf

True, most of the NYPD disqualifications are upheld by the CSC. Negative character DQs are nearly next to impossible to overturn. As you know, the courts have given appointing authorities 'broad discretion' in appointments since these positions are deemed sensitive in nature and require the public trust and confidence. Even if the CSC does restore one's name to the certified list of eligibles--it is still no guarantee of getting hired by NYPD.

Many of the states require their law enforcement personnel to be centrally licensed by their state's dept. of criminal justice. Texas and Florida come into mind.

Hiring practices vary from agency to agency. A candidate that has been DQed from NYPD is NOT necessarily completely barred from law enforcement employment. Up until the mid-1990s; appointing officers were held personally liable for negligent hiring. The U.S. Supreme Court removed personal responsibility in a ruling involving an Oklahoma county sheriff.

Comment

• Anyone know the usual time it takes for an answer from being placed on Psych Review? I was placed on review on November 10, 2015 and haven't received a response. At this point I really don't care if it is DQ or Q or any other response for that matter as long as I receive some kind of notice... For some reason I heard along the way that have 3 months to notify me. ( send me a letter which would be Feb 10, 2016) Does this sound legit to anyone?

Any advice especially from people out there who have been through this process including the appeals process would be helpful.

Thanks and glad to know that Im not the only one going through this alone!!! Keep your heads up!!
                      Last edited by tusky06; 01-14-2016, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• I just received an email of a proposed disqualification and to be honest I'm glad I did..........for the candidates taking the written and oral psych DON'T BE NERVOUS AND LEARN TO COUNT BACKWARDS lol. If your given a second interview DO NOT CHANGE YOUR ANSWERS. Good luck to all lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Prospects View Post
                          I just received an email of a proposed disqualification and to be honest I'm glad I did..........for the candidates taking the written and oral psych DON'T BE NERVOUS AND LEARN TO COUNT BACKWARDS lol. If your given a second interview DO NOT CHANGE YOUR ANSWERS. Good luck to all lol
                          Sorry to hear than man. What the email said ? If you don't mind. You can tell me in PM.

Comment

• No need to be sorry it's actually funny. It said Please take notice that after a psychological evaluation, the New York City Police Department (“NYPD”) has made a preliminary determination that you are not psychologically suited to the unique demands and stresses of employment as a Police Officer pursuant to Civil Service Law §§ 50 (4) (a) and/or 50 (6) and is proposing to disqualify you for this position. And a whole bunch of other **** I browsed through. I'm definitely not gonna appeal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Prospects View Post
                              No need to be sorry it's actually funny. It said Please take notice that after a psychological evaluation, the New York City Police Department (“NYPD”) has made a preliminary determination that you are not psychologically suited to the unique demands and stresses of employment as a Police Officer pursuant to Civil Service Law §§ 50 (4) (a) and/or 50 (6) and is proposing to disqualify you for this position. And a whole bunch of other **** I browsed through. I'm definitely not gonna appeal

How long were you waiting ?

Comment

• Written test was March 2015
                                Oral was April 2015
                                Second oral was September 2015
                                Fast forward January 2016 I got an email. I did everything in the process including mini med.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5205 users online. 188 members and 5017 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X