Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JRNYC2626 View Post
    Has anyone ever been interviewed by two people at the sametime for oral psych ? The person who interviewed me was new and kept looking at her supervisor to see if she was asking the right questions.. Then i had them both asking me questions at the same time. Then was put on review. The lady wanted me to fax her my school transcripts. Been over 3 months now and no update.

Yes, some NYPD Psychologists do not have their Phd- merely masters degrees working towards their doctorate. This is the only setting in which they can work in the fosychological field doing evaluations, in NYS. Their basically acting as a physicians assistant be acting to a M.D.

They also may have been new, in training or under periodic evaluation.
    Problems with a psych exam?
    Have an upcoming
    PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
    you make up your mind.
    WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
    http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
      Yeah I'm not completely done yet just on review which sucks hopfully I get taken off review which is rare I know. If I get the proposed dq letter I got to get a lawyer. I thought for sure after my 2nd interview I was good to go I don't have any major bumps in my background
      Psych review? Its not rare- think of review as like "review for disqualification". Most will be DQ, some will get a second interview... And some will get through.
      Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
      you make up your mind.

Comment

Hey sorry to hear the bad news Johnny I had my second interview a few weeks after my first. Met with doctor michael white both times the second meeting was because of stupid complaint someone filed about me in 2012 I had no clue about it. I explained myself and how the cops never informed me about the complaint and now I find myself on psych review I also did every step in the process including mini med heart breaking isn't it! If I get my letter of proposed dq I plan on fighting it as hard as possible
        Younger guy? He is actually apparently easy going
        Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
          Gerald, from what i understand charges for Article 78 proceedings to attempt the agency to force a hiring decision if it takes too long for nypd to make a determination (which if forced will always be DQ). Then he charges for an appeal after that. I know he is very experienced, but he is one of the only attorneys who i spoke to who suggested going that route.

I have also heard he is a nice guy and is very knowledgable.
          Yea he explained that to me I hate to have to go that route to force them to make a decesion. He told me to wait until march I was hoping to come off review and get q'd but it seems highly unlikely I'll probably just be on review for 2 years until the list expires so I might as well fight it as soon as possible

Comment

Younger guy? He is actually apparently easy going
            Doctor white? No he's older like latest 40's and wasn't easy going with me but I didn't expect the psych doctors to be easy going I knew they were gonna chew me out getting yelled at doesn't really bother me that much

Comment

Gerald, from what i understand charges for Article 78 proceedings to attempt the agency to force a hiring decision if it takes too long for nypd to make a determination (which if forced will always be DQ). Then he charges for an appeal after that. I know he is very experienced, but he is one of the only attorneys who i spoke to who suggested going that route.

I have also heard he is a nice guy and is very knowledgable.

Article 78 proceedings in State Supreme Court challenges a municipality determination on the basis that such determination was arbitrary or capricious. These proceedings are NOT cheap running into the thousands of dollars. Most of these proceedings involving personnel matters are civil service employees who were terminated by their respective agency seeking to overturn the dismissal from employment as being excessive. Usually, the former municipal employee's union will use their in-house attorney to launch the lawsuit.
              Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 01-17-2016, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Vista;3809118]Psych review? Its not rare

I had my 2nd interview in mid December im still on review so im hoping ill either get Q'd or get my letter of dq in a timely manner so I can start fighting it I cant afford to wait 2 yrs

Comment

• [QUOTE=shimmy;3809144]
                  Originally posted by Vista View Post
                  Psych review? Its not rare

I had my 2nd interview in mid December im still on review so im hoping ill either get Q'd or get my letter of dq in a timely manner so I can start fighting it I cant afford to wait 2 yrs
                  Appeals take time; they are NOT held on demand. Even if you are re-instated to the certified list of eligibles by the CSC-- it is no guarantee that NYPD will hire you. Have you thought about taking other civil service exams in the interim??

Comment

• [QUOTE=CountyCorrectionOfficer;3809149][QUOTE=shimmy;3809144]

[B]Appeals take time; they are NOT held on demand. Even if you are re

I took the court officer exam in 2009 im in the hiring process waiting to do my oral psych for them I have a high list number so hopfully I can get into the last academy for before they start taking from the 2014 exam

Comment

Did they call you back for a 2nd interview?
                      Not yet.. All i know is after the interview the lady gave me letter stating that she wanted me to fax her my school transcripts which i did the day after the interview. No word on anything since Oct 27th, And finished all the other steps. Even did my mini med which was probably pointless since it will probably expire soon and shave my leg again lol

Comment

• Originally posted by JRNYC2626 View Post
                        Not yet.. All i know is after the interview the lady gave me letter stating that she wanted me to fax her my school transcripts which i did the day after the interview. No word on anything since Oct 27th, And finished all the other steps. Even did my mini med which was probably pointless since it will probably expire soon and shave my leg again lol
                        Try calling the psych department and ask what's going on with your case but it's hard to get someone on the phone

Comment

• Just received the e-mail for proposed DQ. Sucks but I pretty much knew it was coming, so I have a psych who will re-evaluate me, she is requesting my records from the NYPD this week to review my file. I was also thinking of contacting Jerold Levine, but wanted to see what would happen first after submitting my re-evaluation, then if I am still DQ'ed maybe then using J. Levine.

Anyone have any ideas or believe I should things in a different order, please let me know any help or advice would be greatly appreciated .

PS my Exam Number expires on June 27, 2016 but I heard once you start the Appeals Process that it places a hold on your exam number, any of this sound correct?
                          Last edited by tusky06; 01-18-2016, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• The same happen to me. The lady at the end of the interview told me I needed to fax my high school records over, the school district is gonna fax them tomorrow. But from the looks of it I could be on review for a while and my exam is up in May.

Comment

• Originally posted by tusky06 View Post
                              Just received the e-mail for proposed DQ. Sucks but I pretty much knew it was coming, so I have a psych who will re-evaluate me, she is requesting my records from the NYPD this week to review my file. I was also thinking of contacting Jerold Levine, but wanted to see what would happen first after submitting my re-evaluation, then if I am still DQ'ed maybe then using J. Levine.

Anyone have any ideas or believe I should things in a different order, please let me know any help or advice would be greatly appreciated .

PS my Exam Number expires on June 27, 2016 but I heard once you start the Appeals Process that it places a hold on your exam number, any of this sound correct?
                              no I don't think they will hold your number you list expires no matter if your fighting the dq or not

Comment

• Originally posted by Lijames631 View Post
                                The same happen to me. The lady at the end of the interview told me I needed to fax my high school records over, the school district is gonna fax them tomorrow. But from the looks of it I could be on review for a while and my exam is up in May.
                                I think Im going to call the Psych Dept and ask them about that, that is if they are able to actually pick up the phone for once LOL

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7612 users online. 445 members and 7167 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X