Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Danza Kuduro View Post
    oops i forgot to mention that i also have a GED =D
    That's what I'm saying. Having a GED can't possibly be the reason why they DQ'd you. I also thought they don't specify the reason why you are DQ'd?

Comment

• Originally posted by USN2NYPD View Post
      That's what I'm saying. Having a GED can't possibly be the reason why they DQ'd you. I also thought they don't specify the reason why you are DQ'd?
      Does college grades really affect you in the oral psych? I withdrew from 2 semesters and one semester was an AW so my GPA went below 2.0 but since I was able to finish with a 2.7..
      sigpicRookie Correction Officer

Comment

• Originally posted by USN2NYPD View Post
        They don't =D. Its just what the candidate believes .... which is wrong.

[QUOTE=Does college grades really affect you in the oral psych? I withdrew from 2 semesters and one semester was an AW so my GPA went below 2.0 but since I was able to finish with a 2.7.. [/QUOTE]

Im sure it does. College life can describe a person overall. If u seem to be careless in college, what makes another person believe you will act properly when you get otj? Its common sense bro. An example would be something like if u are absent excessively during college years, it is obvious that the individual is going to call out sick for every little problem and im sure the department dont want people like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Danza Kuduro View Post
          They don't =D. Its just what the candidate believes .... which is wrong.
          It sounded made up lol. If getting your GED was the reason, they would not allow GED recipients to apply to NYPD.

Comment

• Well guys, calls have been going out , have anybody that was on any hold got called , that you guys have any knowledge ? Please explain and what was the hold about and what you did to lift it.
            Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

• Does anyone know what are the main issues they psycologically disqualify you for? I am on review for almost three months now over therapy had from post pardum depression, depression on my mothers death and an abusive relationship that all happened around 2004 which at that time took some medication for depression for about four months. The second therapy I went to in 2007 lost my paperwork. They place put it in writing that it was their fault the paperwork is gone. I have passed everything and now I have been waiting on this. I have been evaluated by both my psycologists now and they both wrote letters stating that I am fine and that is nothing wrong with me now and that I donot have any of the symptoms I had in that time nor am I in an abusive relaionship anymore and no medication. What do you thing will happen? I am so upset this is hindering my ability to get this job. Should I get another psycological evaluation from another outside doctor? I have no idea what I can do now.

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdcad View Post
                Does anyone know what are the main issues they psycologically disqualify you for? I am on review for almost three months now over therapy had from post pardum depression, depression on my mothers death and an abusive relationship that all happened around 2004 which at that time took some medication for depression for about four months. The second therapy I went to in 2007 lost my paperwork. They place put it in writing that it was their fault the paperwork is gone. I have passed everything and now I have been waiting on this. I have been evaluated by both my psycologists now and they both wrote letters stating that I am fine and that is nothing wrong with me now and that I donot have any of the symptoms I had in that time nor am I in an abusive relaionship anymore and no medication. What do you thing will happen? I am so upset this is hindering my ability to get this job. Should I get another psycological evaluation from another outside doctor? I have no idea what I can do now.

If you are "on review" there is really nothing you can do until they either hire you (unlikely) or disqualify you and remove your name off the list. If you are disqualified, then you have appeal rights to the NYC Civil Service Commission. I have noticed a pattern of NYPD AIS placing indefinate "review holds" on candidates by not taken any actions such to hire or disqualify. Once the list expires, the applicant's opportunity for appointment ceases. Again, NYPD looks for potential police officers with pristine backgrounds as they have hundreds of candidates without negative background or drama issues. Being DQed by NYPD doesn't necessarily mean you won't make a good police officer--it just means you don't meet their draconic hiring guidelines. Start looking for employment with other smaller law enforcement agencies that overlook minor blemishes in one's background.

Comment

• Originally posted by nycapomts View Post
                  Guy's NOT saying to lie bout from personal experience's, do a background check on your self online , go back to school,psychological,medical doctor and if have a friend who is an officer ask him her to run you in the system, like that you don't have to disclose anything that is not on your records NYPD psych services NOT all times bout for most part uses what you disclose, against you. So if not in records don't disclose remember there's no polygraph exam .... Again NOT saying to lie, just don't give too much info....

I hope my TYPOS are getting little batter, am trying .. :-)
                  Basically you are saying to use deception. Just so you know, there are ways of obtaining information about someone that you, as a current outsider, have never even dreamed of. A polygraph is not the only way of discovering the truth. Psych history and mental illnesses are well documented and can be obtained from the Office of Mental Hygiene by submitting the signed release that you all signed at your psych interviews. Even hinting at the suggestion that a candidate use deception in the hiring process is shameful and you should know that Applicant Investigations DOES monitor this website and they DO see people like you who post things like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by nyc7011 View Post
                    Basically you are saying to use deception. Just so you know, there are ways of obtaining information about someone that you, as a current outsider, have never even dreamed of. A polygraph is not the only way of discovering the truth. Psych history and mental illnesses are well documented and can be obtained from the Office of Mental Hygiene by submitting the signed release that you all signed at your psych interviews. Even hinting at the suggestion that a candidate use deception in the hiring process is shameful and you should know that Applicant Investigations DOES monitor this website and they DO see people like you who post things like this.
                    He [NYCAPOMTS] also is telling other forum users to obtain personal data information from a police officer that would get the officer in trouble if he were to comply with such requests........

Comment

• Does anyone know what are the main issues they psycologically disqualify you for? I am on review for almost three months now over therapy had from post pardum depression, depression on my mothers death and an abusive relationship that all happened around 2004 which at that time took some medication for depression for about four months. The second therapy I went to in 2007 lost my paperwork. They place put it in writing that it was their fault the paperwork is gone. I have passed everything and now I have been waiting on this. I have been evaluated by both my psycologists now and they both wrote letters stating that I am fine and that is nothing wrong with me now and that I donot have any of the symptoms I had in that time nor am I in an abusive relaionship anymore and no medication. What do you thing will happen? I am so upset this is hindering my ability to get this job. Should I get another psycological evaluation from another outside doctor? I have no idea what I can do now.

Comment

• Start looking at the answers people are providing. Your question has been addressed multiple times
                        13O2 Aug '10
                        List: <1000

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdcad View Post
                          Does anyone know what are the main issues they psycologically disqualify you for? I am on review for almost three months now over therapy had from post pardum depression, depression on my mothers death and an abusive relationship that all happened around 2004 which at that time took some medication for depression for about four months. The second therapy I went to in 2007 lost my paperwork. They place put it in writing that it was their fault the paperwork is gone. I have passed everything and now I have been waiting on this. I have been evaluated by both my psycologists now and they both wrote letters stating that I am fine and that is nothing wrong with me now and that I donot have any of the symptoms I had in that time nor am I in an abusive relaionship anymore and no medication. What do you thing will happen? I am so upset this is hindering my ability to get this job. Should I get another psycological evaluation from another outside doctor? I have no idea what I can do now.
                          You've asked this question REPEATEDLY. I think you just cut and paste the last post you made actually. I've already answered this question. The answer isn't going to change, you have had well documented issues with depression/anxiety that were so bad it required that you take psych medications. This is not going to be taken lightly.

Comment

• Originally posted by nyc7011 View Post
                            I most agree with you, i did give too much info and in that case i have edit somethings ( thanks for looking out in that end ). Also the part that, i said to do a background check on your self, do you think that wrong or deception as you said ? Personally i think is the right thing to do, so you can go well prepare and monitoring is nothing new if anything all my post and threat have been helpful, not ( deception )as you stated.
                            Last edited by nycapomts; 07-15-2012, 02:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                              He [NYCAPOMTS] also is telling other forum users to obtain personal data information from a police officer that would get the officer in trouble if he were to comply with such requests........
                              C.O i like the way you flip it out on me, i most say that i have agree in multiple post you have help in bout , nothing wrong by asking a LE family or friend to run your records to see if you missed out on somethings, i do not see how can someone get in trouble for this, guys i know that are second generation cops it been done like this for long time. So you're telling me, real talk , you won't do it to help you batter prepare if you had the re-sours ?

Comment

• Originally posted by nycapomts View Post
                                C.O i like the way you flip it out on me, i most say that i have agree in multiple post you have help in bout , nothing wrong by asking a LE family or friend to run your records to see if you missed out on somethings, i do not see how can someone get in trouble for this, guys i know that are second generation cops it been done like this for long time. So you're telling me, real talk , you won't do it to help you batter prepare if you had the re-sours ?
                                Umm actually, what you are suggesting is a crime under New York State Penal law section 156.05:

§ 156.05 Unauthorized use of a computer.
                                A person is guilty of unauthorized use of a computer when he or she
                                knowingly uses, causes to be used, or accesses a computer, computer
                                service, or computer network without authorization.
                                Unauthorized use of a computer is a class A misdemeanor.

A Police Officer is not authorized to access NYSPIN or E-Justice unless there is a direct work related need for it. (Car stop, arrest history on a perpetrator etc etc) "Checking up on a buddy" is not a work related inquiry and is therefore considered an "unauthorized" access. It's the APD POs job to "check up" on you, not your buddy's. You really need to educate yourself on the laws of this State. Not to mention, you are also subject to Charges and Specifications for violating Department Policy which prohibits such use as well.

Sidenote: Your spelling is absolutely appalling. It's spelled "RESOURCES" and "BETTER".
                                Last edited by nyc7011; 07-15-2012, 08:00 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9821 users online. 405 members and 9416 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X