Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deleted message

Comment

• Pete... You're a THIEF. Plain and simple. Research the 75 PCT...
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
        Pete... You're a THIEF. Plain and simple. Research the 75 PCT...
        I just watched that documentary last week. Holy cow I never realized a cop could be that crooked and brazen to boast about his crimes.

Comment

Pete... You're a THIEF. Plain and simple. Research the 75 PCT...

That is true.....Pete's a thief.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

That is true.....Pete's a thief.
            So Pete is a thief!! What about if you have an open container or underage drinking summons, are you considered an alcoholic ??

Sent from my House Phone!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
              So Pete is a thief!! What about if you have an open container or underage drinking summons, are you considered an alcoholic ??

Psych unit would most definitely question you about any alcohol related charges.

Comment

• Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
                Yes I have, It depends on your case. According to APD, Psych review can be overturned. Did you get a second interview ? What's your case ?

[QUOTE=Melvindrbk;3799063]Yes I have, It depends on your case. According to APD, Psych review can be overturned. Did you get a second interview ? What's your case ?

There are multiple levels of psych review and everyone comes off at one point or another, whether it's with a Q or an NQ.

About 70% of people go on review the minute they leave their oral because they owe paperwork, transcripts, etc. it's called review, but really more like a pending status. Where things get drawn out is when a psych needs something from your investigator, like an arrest report, polygraph results--especially if it was outside of NYC--you need to see your investigator before they can even start asking other agencies for it. So you can get stuck on this "pending review" status until the rest of the info comes in, then might get Q'd right away. (Like psych want an arrest report just to confirm your story--it matches and you're good to go).

When it's at a supervisor review level--that's a different ball game--doesn't guarantee an NQ, but means that they have enough derog info to be concerned.

Finally, if you're pending review and then psych gets all your stuff, but by then you've been put on review with med/APD/jst--they can't change your status until your other "review" is cleared in the system.

You should also know that candidate relations tends to tell people they are on psych review when there's a background review--psych might want to Q you, but they can't Q you or NQ you until your investigator does takes you off review.

Comment

• Originally posted by JMike View Post
                  Hey. Ive been on psych review for about 2 years now. Then about 4 months ago they started poking around, talking to my ex employers and contacting my universities. I haven't heard anything since then. Anyone have any advice or experience with this as to what I can expect?
                  Thanks
                  That sounds like your investigator--psych doesn't deal with your employers or "poke around" you might be on psych review, but prob bc they were waiting on your investigator to start doing your background. Contact your BI

Comment

• [QUOTE=mike_s1234;3803585]
                    Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
                    Yes I have, It depends on your case. According to APD, Psych review can be overturned. Did you get a second interview ? What's your case ?

There are multiple levels of psych review and everyone comes off at one point or another, whether it's with a Q or an NQ.

About 70% of people go on review the minute they leave their oral because they owe paperwork, transcripts, etc. it's called review, but really more like a pending status. Where things get drawn out is when a psych needs something from your investigator, like an arrest report, polygraph results--especially if it was outside of NYC--you need to see your investigator before they can even start asking other agencies for it. So you can get stuck on this "pending review" status until the rest of the info comes in, then might get Q'd right away. (Like psych want an arrest report just to confirm your story--it matches and you're good to go).

When it's at a supervisor review level--that's a different ball game--doesn't guarantee an NQ, but means that they have enough derog info to be concerned.

Finally, if you're pending review and then psych gets all your stuff, but by then you've been put on review with med/APD/jst--they can't change your status until your other "review" is cleared in the system.

You should also know that candidate relations tends to tell people they are on psych review when there's a background review--psych might want to Q you, but they can't Q you or NQ you until your investigator does takes you off review.
                    How do you know that ? Are you a retired cop ?

Comment

• Originally posted by BronxBombers View Post
                      I failed NYPD psych and am processing for NYC Corrections while having passed everything including the psych yet I'm still on review apparently they are waiting for a response from the NYPD on why I failed
                      extremely common--for obvious reasons, if one agency is thinking your fine, but sees you were psych DQ elsewhere (which your investigator would inform them of) they've got to look into it. I knew someone psych DQ from port authority but Q'd for NYPD, took awhile for her to get PA to release it to NYPD but once she did she moved along and was hired. Different agencies have diff standards, however doc and NYPD have very similar standards so it raises questions when one agency thinks your good to go and the other didn't--have to see if they missed something or you withheld something. Not necessarily a big deal, could be that NYPD failed you 3 years ago and whatever the issue was back then, isn't an issue anymore because it was awhile ago

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

Getting into altercations, misdemeanor assault convictions also weighs heavily against candidates for NYPD.

BTW, a conviction of Petty Larceny is an automatic bar to NYPD appointment persuant to NYC Administrative Code.

I guess I might have chased PETE3319 away with this discussion. But hey, "got to tell it like it is" as the Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young pop song goes. Just trying to help people seeking a career in this field to face reality.
                        It's not an automatic bar--felonies are though. Petit larceny is a concern, mainly because there are A LOT of opportunities for cops to be tempted, they are in way more situations where they are collecting evidence money, drugs, jewelry etc--like the PO that took a credit card out of a deceased Guy's wallet awhile back. If you are honest and it's clear you had a solitary lapse of judgement that really doesn't reflect who you are--which starts with owning up to your mistakes...you have a chance

Comment

• Originally posted by mike_s1234 View Post
                          It's not an automatic bar--felonies are though. Petit larceny is a concern, mainly because there are A LOT of opportunities for cops to be tempted, they are in way more situations where they are collecting evidence money, drugs, jewelry etc--like the PO that took a credit card out of a deceased Guy's wallet awhile back. If you are honest and it's clear you had a solitary lapse of judgement that really doesn't reflect who you are--which starts with owning up to your mistakes...you have a chance
                          I don't know the nypd might give u the ok but the psych doctor will most definitely put u on review for the most minor bump I had a false complaint filed against me in 2012 the cops never even called me to defend myself or give my side of the story when the doctor found the complaint he called me for a 2nd oral interview I explained myself and how it was a false complaint but I ended up on psych review besides the complaint I only have some moving violations against me

Comment

• Melvi,

Guess you don't understand cause and effect. Your attempt to downplay my comment shows your lack of maturity and demonstrates WHY you aren't qualified to be in LE.
                            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Melvi,

Guess you don't understand cause and effect. Your attempt to downplay my comment shows your lack of maturity and demonstrates WHY you aren't qualified to be in LE.
                              What comment are you taking about ? I was asking you. I was not making any assumptions

Comment

• [QUOTE=Melvindrbk;3803589]
                                Originally posted by mike_s1234 View Post

How do you know that ? Are you a retired cop ?

No, I've worked in the hiring process

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9664 users online. 477 members and 9187 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X