Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
    write a well written letter to the chief of personnel, asking what your official status is. You will get a response.
    Excellent word of advice!!

Comment

• Has anyone heard of being on review for months while waiting for another agency to get back to your current agency about why you failed their psych evaluation? At the same time you passed the psych you are currently processing for. Will they leave you out of the next academy class if they are still waiting on the agency to get back to them at the date of the academy start date? The psychologist who performed the psych said that the agency's decision on why I failed will have no impact on their decision.
      Last edited by BronxBombers; 01-06-2016, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BronxBombers View Post
        Has anyone heard of being on review for months while waiting for another agency to get back to your current agency about why you failed their psych evaluation? At the same time you passed the psych you are currently processing for. Will they leave you out of the next academy class for that?
        Can you elaborate more ? Were you disqualified from NYPD ? Are you in the process for another agency (which one) ?

Sent from my House Phone!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
          Can you elaborate more ? Were you disqualified from NYPD ? Are you in the process for another agency (which one) ?
          I failed NYPD psych and am processing for NYC Corrections while having passed everything including the psych yet I'm still on review apparently they are waiting for a response from the NYPD on why I failed

Comment

• That's a complicated case. Did you appeal with NYPD ? You are on review on corrections because you failed psych for NYPD. It all depends on what NYPD tell corrections. That could be a long process, being o review sucks. Be positive and start praying! Otherwise you might need to get an attorney to speed up the process for Corrections, at least to get an answer from NYPD.

Comment

That's a complicated case. Did you appeal with NYPD ? You are on review on corrections because you failed psych for NYPD. It all depends on what NYPD tell corrections. That could be a long process, being o review sucks. Be positive and start praying! Otherwise you might need to get an attorney to speed up the process for Corrections, at least to get an answer from NYPD.

I didn't appeal I received a letter that I failed NYPD psych and that was it. My friend failed MTA psych and went right through into the NYDOC with no problem.

Comment

I didn't appeal I received a letter that I failed NYPD psych and that was it. My friend failed MTA psych and went right through into the NYDOC with no problem.
                You should be good then. You have to wait.

Comment

• Deleted...
                  Last edited by PETE3319; 01-07-2016, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PETE3319 View Post
                    Hello all happy new year to everyone. The worst thing possible took place for me. I was called for January and then about 2 days before the academy I had gotten a call for a disciplinary incident I failed to disclose. Long story short my university sent over an incident report which entailed me taking a cell phone and selling it to a friend, then it was returned and that was the end of it. I failed to disclose because I was not disciplined on the matter and no authorities were involved. So my investigator advised me to withdraw from the process and try again in the future because it's either that or a DQ. I truly can't believe this happened. She said it could even affect me if I try to re open my case. What advice would you all give? I was thinking community service and some letters of recommendation. I was literally in the academy and this bombshell happened. It sucks but i really need to fight for this. It was an isolated incident in 2012 and a big mistake I don't know how to recoup from this. :/
                    Sorry to hear that man, you were pretty close. My only advise would be to get an attorney.

Comment

That's a complicated case. Did you appeal with NYPD ? You are on review on corrections because you failed psych for NYPD. It all depends on what NYPD tell corrections. That could be a long process, being o review sucks. Be positive and start praying! Otherwise you might need to get an attorney to speed up the process for Corrections, at least to get an answer from NYPD.

Comment

• Oh man, I'm sorry about that Pete. Curious how they found it though, was it Campus PD who filled out an incident report? I know you grant them a release of information on a form but I don't see how that came up unless campus PD filled out a report with your name on it.

Comment

Hello all happy new year to everyone. The worst thing possible took place for me. I was called for January and then about 2 days before the academy I had gotten a call for a disciplinary incident I failed to disclose. Long story short my university sent over an incident report which entailed me taking a cell phone and selling it to a friend, then it was returned and that was the end of it. I failed to disclose because I was not disciplined on the matter and no authorities were involved. So my investigator advised me to withdraw from the process and try again in the future because it's either that or a DQ. I truly can't believe this happened. She said it could even affect me if I try to re open my case. What advice would you all give? I was thinking community service and some letters of recommendation. I was literally in the academy and this bombshell happened. It sucks but i really need to fight for this. It was an isolated incident in 2012 and a big mistake I don't know how to recoup from this. :/
                          That's horrible I got put on psych reveiw over a stupid complaint against me that I didn't even know I had my investigator found it during the background check I got called back for a 2nd oral interview after I did my mini med I can't believe he put me on review for something I didn't even know I had anyway if I were you'd I'd call this lawyer jerold levine esq. He's tough and pretty successful getting nypd dqs over turned I'll be using him also in a few months

Comment

You should be good then. You have to wait.

The academy class for NYDOC starts next week do you think they will keep me from attending the class because of the dq in the NYPD?

Comment

The academy class for NYDOC starts next week do you think they will keep me from attending the class because of the dq in the NYPD?
                              In order for you to go to the academy, you have to be cleared for hire. Since you are on review,I doubt it. Unless NYPD send what NYDOC requested before the academy starts.

Comment

Hate to tell you this but NYPD does not tolerate thievery. According to your statement you stole property not belonging to you then sold it to another party. This was documented in an incident report. It does not matter to them whether or not you were charged with a crime (petty larceny) . How is your "record of a whole" background otherwise?? So your investigator told you to "try again" in the future after you signed the letter of declination?? Don't matter because NYPD will reopen your file and disqualify you on the basis of negative character issue(s).
                                Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 01-06-2016, 02:46 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10790 users online. 455 members and 10335 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X