Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
    Which one is worst, alcohol or stealing ?

Sent from my House Phone!!
    Certainly not an expert but from all the reading I've done, I'd conclude stealing

Comment

• Originally posted by rmcm1995 View Post
      Certainly not an expert but from all the reading I'd conclude stealing.

Comment

• Double post my bad

Comment

• Originally posted by rmcm1995 View Post
          Certainly not an expert but from all the reading I've done, I'd conclude stealing

Failure to disclose is the worst. Followed by petty larceny / theft. Thats the worst minor criminal offense you can have in their eyes.

alcohol- what kinda alcohol troubles? DWI? Agg DWI? Open bottle?
          Problems with a psych exam?
          Have an upcoming
          PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
          you make up your mind.
          WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
          http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Yeah, it's a good lesson for the rest of us to definitely disclose. Even if you are put on review, better to deal with that, and get the paperwork than get a lifetime ax for getting caught in a lie. Seems alcohol is a major no no for them in any sense.
            Last edited by rmcm1995; 01-07-2016, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
              Failure to disclose is the worst. Followed by petty larceny / theft. Thats the worst minor criminal offense you can have in their eyes.

alcohol- what kinda alcohol troubles? DWI? Agg DWI? Open bottle?

Getting into altercations, misdemeanor assault convictions also weighs heavily against candidates for NYPD.

BTW, a conviction of Petty Larceny is an automatic bar to NYPD appointment persuant to NYC Administrative Code.

I guess I might have chased PETE3319 away with this discussion. But hey, "got to tell it like it is" as the Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young pop song goes. Just trying to help people seeking a career in this field to face reality.
              Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 01-08-2016, 07:01 AM.

Comment

• deleted message

Comment

• Pete... You're a THIEF. Plain and simple. Research the 75 PCT...
                  Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                    Pete... You're a THIEF. Plain and simple. Research the 75 PCT...
                    I just watched that documentary last week. Holy cow I never realized a cop could be that crooked and brazen to boast about his crimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                      Pete... You're a THIEF. Plain and simple. Research the 75 PCT...

That is true.....Pete's a thief.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

That is true.....Pete's a thief.
                        So Pete is a thief!! What about if you have an open container or underage drinking summons, are you considered an alcoholic ??

Comment

So Pete is a thief!! What about if you have an open container or underage drinking summons, are you considered an alcoholic ??

Psych unit would most definitely question you about any alcohol related charges.

Comment

Yes I have, It depends on your case. According to APD, Psych review can be overturned. Did you get a second interview ? What's your case ?

[QUOTE=Melvindrbk;3799063]Yes I have, It depends on your case. According to APD, Psych review can be overturned. Did you get a second interview ? What's your case ?

There are multiple levels of psych review and everyone comes off at one point or another, whether it's with a Q or an NQ.

About 70% of people go on review the minute they leave their oral because they owe paperwork, transcripts, etc. it's called review, but really more like a pending status. Where things get drawn out is when a psych needs something from your investigator, like an arrest report, polygraph results--especially if it was outside of NYC--you need to see your investigator before they can even start asking other agencies for it. So you can get stuck on this "pending review" status until the rest of the info comes in, then might get Q'd right away. (Like psych want an arrest report just to confirm your story--it matches and you're good to go).

When it's at a supervisor review level--that's a different ball game--doesn't guarantee an NQ, but means that they have enough derog info to be concerned.

Finally, if you're pending review and then psych gets all your stuff, but by then you've been put on review with med/APD/jst--they can't change your status until your other "review" is cleared in the system.

You should also know that candidate relations tends to tell people they are on psych review when there's a background review--psych might want to Q you, but they can't Q you or NQ you until your investigator does takes you off review.

Comment

• Originally posted by JMike View Post
                              Hey. Ive been on psych review for about 2 years now. Then about 4 months ago they started poking around, talking to my ex employers and contacting my universities. I haven't heard anything since then. Anyone have any advice or experience with this as to what I can expect?
                              Thanks
                              That sounds like your investigator--psych doesn't deal with your employers or "poke around" you might be on psych review, but prob bc they were waiting on your investigator to start doing your background. Contact your BI

Comment

• [QUOTE=mike_s1234;3803585]
                                Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
                                Yes I have, It depends on your case. According to APD, Psych review can be overturned. Did you get a second interview ? What's your case ?

There are multiple levels of psych review and everyone comes off at one point or another, whether it's with a Q or an NQ.

About 70% of people go on review the minute they leave their oral because they owe paperwork, transcripts, etc. it's called review, but really more like a pending status. Where things get drawn out is when a psych needs something from your investigator, like an arrest report, polygraph results--especially if it was outside of NYC--you need to see your investigator before they can even start asking other agencies for it. So you can get stuck on this "pending review" status until the rest of the info comes in, then might get Q'd right away. (Like psych want an arrest report just to confirm your story--it matches and you're good to go).

When it's at a supervisor review level--that's a different ball game--doesn't guarantee an NQ, but means that they have enough derog info to be concerned.

Finally, if you're pending review and then psych gets all your stuff, but by then you've been put on review with med/APD/jst--they can't change your status until your other "review" is cleared in the system.

You should also know that candidate relations tends to tell people they are on psych review when there's a background review--psych might want to Q you, but they can't Q you or NQ you until your investigator does takes you off review.
                                How do you know that ? Are you a retired cop ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4780 users online. 314 members and 4466 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X