Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
    How many times have you been interviewed ? You need to contact them. So they see you are interested, they get new cases every week. As soon as I turn 1 month, I'll start calling Psych Department. Why are you on review ? What's your story ? You can send me a PM.

Sent from my House Phone!!
    Calling the psych department is useless. They will not and can not tell you anything. You will only annoy them and nothing you say will speed up the process.
    Problems with a psych exam?
    Have an upcoming
    PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
    you make up your mind.
    WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
    http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
      Since when are you on review ? Do you know the reason why ?

I took everything, my last test was the Oral Psych. I've been on review since December 8th. I only have an open container summons on my record. I don't know reason why I'm on review. I contacted the doctor and she could not tell me because of HIPPA. She said it might take weeks or months. She made a preliminary decision, that need to be review by a supervisor.

Your in supervisory review. It can take many months for a decision, as they go through many layers of supervisory review and in the event of a DQ they get reviewed by outside consultants. Hang tight, it could be a long ride.

How old was the open bottle summons?
      Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
      you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureOfficer007 View Post
        Hey guys im on the same boat as most of you guys. Has anyone ever heard of someone coming off psych review without having to go as far as hiring a lawyer or appealing it?
        yes, it happens. Sonetimes after a second interview.
        Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
          Believe nothing you hear and only one-half of what you see. The only time an attorney comes into play is when an applicant is disqualified and wants to appeal it via the CSC. Attorneys for candidates DO NOT influence NYPD hiring determinations.
          Correct. In fact, the attorney i used advised against using any kind of legal action to force a decision, unless a candidate was ineligible to retest due to age, and their list was set to expire.
          Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureOfficer007 View Post
            I was placed on psych review because my investigator requested my college transcripts. She gave me two weeks to give them to her and she received them in one. About 2 months later I find out I'm on psych discontinued only because my investigators supervisor called me to see what was up. Apparently my I was labeled as psych discontinued because my psych investigator was waiting for some paperwork from my investigator. Anyone paperwork gets sent over and now its about a month later and here I am still trying to figure out exactly why it is that I am on psych review. I call the psych dept they tell me to get in touch with my psych investigator. I email her and she says she cant help. So I'm stuck not knowing who to turn to or what to do to come off of review. Heard of any other situations like this?
            write a well written letter to the chief of personnel, asking what your official status is. You will get a response.
            Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Hey vista what is supervisory review is it worst than any other psych review?
              and whats your take on the waiting time? I hope its still not two years like Jmike said.

Also I believe because thousands of people took these police officer exams and
              not everyone can statistically make it through because of the number count (1 in 10 rule)
              their finding little excuses to "put people on review", For allot of people it does not have
              to do anything with their background check other wise they would not have been cleared by their
              investigator. I think its part of Psychs job to find anything possible to dq people, and those with
              really bad records would be put on hold by their investigator and not by psych department.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                Your in supervisory review. It can take many months for a decision, as they go through many layers of supervisory review and in the event of a DQ they get reviewed by outside consultants. Hang tight, it could be a long ride.

How old was the open bottle summons?
                The summons was in June 2009. How do you know I'm in supervisory review ?

Comment

• I have a question about my current situation. I was slated to go into the last years Oct class but was put on hold. My investigator had said that his sergeant and LT approved me for hire and when my case was send to Brooklyn for final approval, they put me on hold. Has anyone ever head of this or has gone through it? Any information would be great.

Comment

• Originally posted by catmando View Post
                    I have a question about my current situation. I was slated to go into the last years Oct class but was put on hold. My investigator had said that his sergeant and LT approved me for hire and when my case was send to Brooklyn for final approval, they put me on hold. Has anyone ever head of this or has gone through it? Any information would be great.
                    Were you given a reason WHY you were placed on hold?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                      Correct. In fact, the attorney i used advised against using any kind of legal action to force a decision, unless a candidate was ineligible to retest due to age, and their list was set to expire.

There are no maximum age limits down South for initial police hiring same for Part-time police officers in New York State.

Comment

• I was given no reason as to why they put me on hold but my investigator was very upset about it.

Comment

• Have you done mini medical prior to this ?
                          @catmando

Comment

• Originally posted by catmando View Post
                            I was given no reason as to why they put me on hold but my investigator was very upset about it.
                            Similar situation as you. Passed every step including the JST AND MINI MED before July 15 and oct 15. Didn't get signed off by someone so didn't make the classes.

Comment

• yeah I've done the JST and mini med twice

Comment

• Hmm that's strange , did you guys have any repeated summonses or anything ? I also finished everything for Jan.. but still got no email and no holds ..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8560 users online. 363 members and 8197 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X