Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
    Since when are you on review ? Do you know the reason why ?

I took everything, my last test was the Oral Psych. I've been on review since December 8th. I only have an open container summons on my record. I don't know reason why I'm on review. I contacted the doctor and she could not tell me because of HIPPA. She said it might take weeks or months. She made a preliminary decision, that need to be review by a supervisor.

Sent from my House Phone!!
    Yes i know my exact reason. I got my letter of proposed dq last year. Was on review for angood time before that. My psych for nypd took months to sign off on it. He was done with his report and sat there. He no longer works for nypd also. Heard he did it to a lot of candidates. I hired a lawyer and psych and now waiting on the csc
    Exam 2326
    List Number 4XXX
    APD- 12/13
    Medical- 4/14
    Psychological 4/14
    Oral 6/14.... awaiting results
    Interview with BI 8/14 Done
    JST 12/9 Passed 3:05
    Mini Medical?

Comment

• Originally posted by longislander23 View Post
      Yes i know my exact reason. I got my letter of proposed dq last year. Was on review for angood time before that. My psych for nypd took months to sign off on it. He was done with his report and sat there. He no longer works for nypd also. Heard he did it to a lot of candidates. I hired a lawyer and psych and now waiting on the csc
      That sucks. I heard a lot of people hire lawyers and get off review right away. I thin it's worth it to lawyer up.

Comment

• Has anyone received the proposed dq letter recently? I haven't heard of anyone getting them

Comment

• Hey guys im on the same boat as most of you guys. Has anyone ever heard of someone coming off psych review without having to go as far as hiring a lawyer or appealing it?

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureOfficer007 View Post
            Hey guys im on the same boat as most of you guys. Has anyone ever heard of someone coming off psych review without having to go as far as hiring a lawyer or appealing it?
            Yes I have, It depends on your case. According to APD, Psych review can be overturned. Did you get a second interview ? What's your case ?

Comment

• I was placed on psych review because my investigator requested my college transcripts. She gave me two weeks to give them to her and she received them in one. About 2 months later I find out I'm on psych discontinued only because my investigators supervisor called me to see what was up. Apparently my I was labeled as psych discontinued because my psych investigator was waiting for some paperwork from my investigator. Anyone paperwork gets sent over and now its about a month later and here I am still trying to figure out exactly why it is that I am on psych review. I call the psych dept they tell me to get in touch with my psych investigator. I email her and she says she cant help. So I'm stuck not knowing who to turn to or what to do to come off of review. Heard of any other situations like this?

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureOfficer007 View Post
                I was placed on psych review because my investigator requested my college transcripts. She gave me two weeks to give them to her and she received them in one. About 2 months later I find out I'm on psych discontinued only because my investigators supervisor called me to see what was up. Apparently my I was labeled as psych discontinued because my psych investigator was waiting for some paperwork from my investigator. Anyone paperwork gets sent over and now its about a month later and here I am still trying to figure out exactly why it is that I am on psych review. I call the psych dept they tell me to get in touch with my psych investigator. I email her and she says she cant help. So I'm stuck not knowing who to turn to or what to do to come off of review. Heard of any other situations like this?
                That sounds complicated. You handed in everything they requested from you. Your investigator messed up, you should contact his/her supervisor again and tell him what happened. It's not your fault. Your case is complicated, did you get a letter ? You usually get a letter when you are discontinued. They will explain you what to do. I got a discontinued letter when I was going for TEA, I did not follow the process, I was getting more money that they pay. I wanted to join TEA because I was waiting for PO.

Comment

That sucks. I heard a lot of people hire lawyers and get off review right away. I thin it's worth it to lawyer up.

Believe nothing you hear and only one-half of what you see. The only time an attorney comes into play is when an applicant is disqualified and wants to appeal it via the CSC. Attorneys for candidates DO NOT influence NYPD hiring determinations.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                    Believe nothing you hear and only one-half of what you see. The only time an attorney comes into play is when an applicant is disqualified and wants to appeal it via the CSC. Attorneys for candidates DO NOT influence NYPD hiring determinations.
                    Roger that. Are you a correctional officer ? If so, wee you on review before ?

Comment

Roger that. Are you a correctional officer ? If so, wee you on review before ?

Please review post # 1712...that should answer your inquiry.

Comment

Please review post # 1712...that should answer your inquiry.
                        Got it. I meant to ask if you were a police Officer or just a correctional officer. Thanks for helping us, the new guys trying to get on the job.

Comment

Any changes guys ? I've been waiting for almost a month. I contacted the Doctor who interviewed me, she said my case is being review by supervisors, it might take weeks or months. I'm just hoping I get a second interview and off review. I want to go for the April class.

You should be aware that the NYPD hiring process is an extremely long, arduous one. From the date of the civil service written examination to actual date of appointment runs approximately THREE years. In the meantime, take other civil service exams. Many of the cities down south are actively recruiting up North for police officer candidates: Baltimore, Atlanta and Philadelphia come into mind. Check out the other states forum in Officer.com--usually police agencies of those states will post employment opportunities in their respective agencies.

Comment

You should be aware that the NYPD hiring process is an extremely long, arduous one. From the date of the civil service written examination to actual date of appointment runs approximately THREE years. In the meantime, take other civil service exams. Many of the cities down south are actively recruiting up North for police officer candidates: Baltimore, Atlanta and Philadelphia come into mind. Check out the other states forum in Officer.com--usually police agencies of those states will post employment opportunities in their respective agencies.
                            Being on Psych review for NYPD won't affect other agencies ?

Comment

Being on Psych review for NYPD won't affect other agencies ?

It should not affect you, most police agencies do NOT conduct psych evaluations. I studied General and Abnormal Psych in college; and believe me when I tell you that psychology is a "hit or miss" game.

Comment

• Originally posted by JMike View Post
                                Hey. Ive been on psych review for about 2 years now. Then about 4 months ago they started poking around, talking to my ex employers and contacting my universities. I haven't heard anything since then. Anyone have any advice or experience with this as to what I can expect?
                                Thanks
                                Call your investigator.
                                Problems with a psych exam?
                                Have an upcoming
                                PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                                you make up your mind.
                                WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                                http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10990 users online. 465 members and 10525 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X