Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by longislander23 View Post
    After the csc restores ones name. What happens affer?
    It all depends whether the list you were on is still in existence and not expired. Remember the CSC only restores your name to the list.

    Comment


    • Yea my exam is good till july 2018 so i have plenty of time. I already passed my jst so i will have to retake that do my mini med and probably get re fingerprinted and do my home check. Thats whats left for me. I was curious as to after they restore you you are done with the psychs
      Exam 2326
      List Number 4XXX
      APD- 12/13
      Medical- 4/14
      Psychological 4/14
      Oral 6/14.... awaiting results
      Interview with BI 8/14 Done
      JST 12/9 Passed 3:05
      Mini Medical?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by longislander23 View Post
        Yea my exam is good till july 2018 so i have plenty of time. I already passed my jst so i will have to retake that do my mini med and probably get re fingerprinted and do my home check. Thats whats left for me. I was curious as to after they restore you you are done with the psychs
        Since when are you on review ? Do you know the reason why ?

        I took everything, my last test was the Oral Psych. I've been on review since December 8th. I only have an open container summons on my record. I don't know reason why I'm on review. I contacted the doctor and she could not tell me because of HIPPA. She said it might take weeks or months. She made a preliminary decision, that need to be review by a supervisor.


        Sent from my House Phone!!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
          It all depends whether the list you were on is still in existence and not expired. Remember the CSC only restores your name to the list.
          What's your status ?


          Sent from my House Phone!!

          Comment


          • Been on review for school for about more than 2 months now.. and no update.. looks like ill be missing this January class

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
              What's your status ?


              Sent from my House Phone!!
              59 years of age is my status! first started in this business in '78! Express no regrets in my career choices--corrections is an honorable profession.
              Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 01-04-2016, 04:59 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
                Since when are you on review ? Do you know the reason why ?

                I took everything, my last test was the Oral Psych. I've been on review since December 8th. I only have an open container summons on my record. I don't know reason why I'm on review. I contacted the doctor and she could not tell me because of HIPPA. She said it might take weeks or months. She made a preliminary decision, that need to be review by a supervisor.


                Sent from my House Phone!!
                Yes i know my exact reason. I got my letter of proposed dq last year. Was on review for angood time before that. My psych for nypd took months to sign off on it. He was done with his report and sat there. He no longer works for nypd also. Heard he did it to a lot of candidates. I hired a lawyer and psych and now waiting on the csc
                Exam 2326
                List Number 4XXX
                APD- 12/13
                Medical- 4/14
                Psychological 4/14
                Oral 6/14.... awaiting results
                Interview with BI 8/14 Done
                JST 12/9 Passed 3:05
                Mini Medical?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by longislander23 View Post
                  Yes i know my exact reason. I got my letter of proposed dq last year. Was on review for angood time before that. My psych for nypd took months to sign off on it. He was done with his report and sat there. He no longer works for nypd also. Heard he did it to a lot of candidates. I hired a lawyer and psych and now waiting on the csc
                  That sucks. I heard a lot of people hire lawyers and get off review right away. I thin it's worth it to lawyer up.


                  Sent from my House Phone!!

                  Comment


                  • Has anyone received the proposed dq letter recently? I haven't heard of anyone getting them

                    Comment


                    • Hey guys im on the same boat as most of you guys. Has anyone ever heard of someone coming off psych review without having to go as far as hiring a lawyer or appealing it?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by FutureOfficer007 View Post
                        Hey guys im on the same boat as most of you guys. Has anyone ever heard of someone coming off psych review without having to go as far as hiring a lawyer or appealing it?
                        Yes I have, It depends on your case. According to APD, Psych review can be overturned. Did you get a second interview ? What's your case ?


                        Sent from my House Phone!!

                        Comment


                        • I was placed on psych review because my investigator requested my college transcripts. She gave me two weeks to give them to her and she received them in one. About 2 months later I find out I'm on psych discontinued only because my investigators supervisor called me to see what was up. Apparently my I was labeled as psych discontinued because my psych investigator was waiting for some paperwork from my investigator. Anyone paperwork gets sent over and now its about a month later and here I am still trying to figure out exactly why it is that I am on psych review. I call the psych dept they tell me to get in touch with my psych investigator. I email her and she says she cant help. So I'm stuck not knowing who to turn to or what to do to come off of review. Heard of any other situations like this?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by FutureOfficer007 View Post
                            I was placed on psych review because my investigator requested my college transcripts. She gave me two weeks to give them to her and she received them in one. About 2 months later I find out I'm on psych discontinued only because my investigators supervisor called me to see what was up. Apparently my I was labeled as psych discontinued because my psych investigator was waiting for some paperwork from my investigator. Anyone paperwork gets sent over and now its about a month later and here I am still trying to figure out exactly why it is that I am on psych review. I call the psych dept they tell me to get in touch with my psych investigator. I email her and she says she cant help. So I'm stuck not knowing who to turn to or what to do to come off of review. Heard of any other situations like this?
                            That sounds complicated. You handed in everything they requested from you. Your investigator messed up, you should contact his/her supervisor again and tell him what happened. It's not your fault. Your case is complicated, did you get a letter ? You usually get a letter when you are discontinued. They will explain you what to do. I got a discontinued letter when I was going for TEA, I did not follow the process, I was getting more money that they pay. I wanted to join TEA because I was waiting for PO.


                            Sent from my House Phone!!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
                              That sucks. I heard a lot of people hire lawyers and get off review right away. I thin it's worth it to lawyer up.


                              Sent from my House Phone!!
                              Believe nothing you hear and only one-half of what you see. The only time an attorney comes into play is when an applicant is disqualified and wants to appeal it via the CSC. Attorneys for candidates DO NOT influence NYPD hiring determinations.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                                Believe nothing you hear and only one-half of what you see. The only time an attorney comes into play is when an applicant is disqualified and wants to appeal it via the CSC. Attorneys for candidates DO NOT influence NYPD hiring determinations.
                                Roger that. Are you a correctional officer ? If so, wee you on review before ?


                                Sent from my House Phone!!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4688 users online. 289 members and 4399 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X