Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know what are the main issues they psycologically disqualify you for? I am on review for almost three months now over therapy had from post pardum depression, depression on my mothers death and an abusive relationship that all happened around 2004 which at that time took some medication for depression for about four months. The second therapy I went to in 2007 lost my paperwork. They place put it in writing that it was their fault the paperwork is gone. I have passed everything and now I have been waiting on this. I have been evaluated by both my psycologists now and they both wrote letters stating that I am fine and that is nothing wrong with me now and that I donot have any of the symptoms I had in that time nor am I in an abusive relaionship anymore and no medication. What do you thing will happen? I am so upset this is hindering my ability to get this job. Should I get another psycological evaluation from another outside doctor? I have no idea what I can do now.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
      If you are DQ-ed ONCE by NYPD for any psych,medical, or character issues; you WILL NOT receive any future consideration for appointment even if you again took the police exam many years later. Your background investigation file contents is confidential and will not be divulged to other police agencies.
      Absoloutly False. I personally know of several instances where people failed a portion of the medical, took the next test and PASSED. One individual actually brought his prior DQ to the Medical Divisions attention. They told him, "Well, you passed, do you want the job or not?" BTW, it was for what was in the late 1970's refered to as the "white man's disease". It, the diagnosis was for SCOLIOSIS, which just about everyone has a form of. It was the city's plan of affimative action back in the day.

The friend I mentioned came on the job, waited for his probation to be over, then sued the job for lost income from the date he should have been hired. He was a court officer prior to the job, they settled with him, as they did with many others, rather than go to trial and hit the media.
      Hey Kidd, I've got more time On Meal than you have "On the Job"

Comment

• Originally posted by kreative718 View Post
        I spoke to my investigator about it,and he said that i will be fine. The letter of DQ said that I made poor decision growimg up.Like I have a GED instead of a high school diploma.

That's really ridiculous about being DISQUALIFIED because you obtained a GED rather then a high school diploma......you should have appealed that determination to the NYC Civil Service Commission.

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdcad View Post
          Does anyone know what are the main issues they psycologically disqualify you for? I am on review for almost three months now over therapy had from post pardum depression, depression on my mothers death and an abusive relationship that all happened around 2004 which at that time took some medication for depression for about four months. The second therapy I went to in 2007 lost my paperwork. They place put it in writing that it was their fault the paperwork is gone. I have passed everything and now I have been waiting on this. I have been evaluated by both my psycologists now and they both wrote letters stating that I am fine and that is nothing wrong with me now and that I donot have any of the symptoms I had in that time nor am I in an abusive relaionship anymore and no medication. What do you thing will happen? I am so upset this is hindering my ability to get this job. Should I get another psycological evaluation from another outside doctor? I have no idea what I can do now.
          This sucks because I too have seen a Psychologist when i was a kid I think because I had a hard time concentrating when i was a kid which was BS i just needed a butt wooping.. so i too was prescribed pills .. I have a clean record and I'm stressed out that im going to be put on review whenever i take the psychological exam.. I don't know what to tell you man.. GL
          sigpicRookie Correction Officer

Comment

• Guy's NOT saying to lie bout from personal experience's, do a background check on your self online , go back to school,psychological,medical doctor .
            Last edited by nycapomts; 07-15-2012, 02:48 AM.
            Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

• An update on the way NYPD works : OK from personal experiences don't take other exam for nypd or anything that NYPD process example: Correction,DEP,TEA and SSA etc, they will only do the same to you put you on review again. They have you in the system , is either fight if it worth it and if you have the money or move on to other PD's, if you still interested in L.E :-)

I hope this helps does in limbo..

Comment

• Originally posted by libremedelmal View Post
                Whats up everyone,

Im a fellow 2311er, I have a question for anyone who can help.Im a former Marine and three time combat vet. My question is, is there anyone or know someone who is trying to get in with a disability rating from the VA? If so, what should I do about a PTSD diagnoses? Will it harm me in regards to the application process in particularly the physch exam? Or should I withhold from telling that information, since military records are confidential? I know I dont have PTSD I've had not had any symptoms in years since I got out in 2010. What you guys think I should do? Lastly, If someone has been through this please share some light. Thanks
                FYI, MIlitary records are NOT confidential! If the NYPD wants them they will get them.
                “Losers quit when they feel pain. Marines quit when the mission is accomplished.”

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                  Not necessarily true, Joe Friday. He might be disqualified by NYPD darconic hiring guidelines but there are other police agencies [smaller counties,towns, cities] that would consider him for employment. No one is perfect and I have seen others DQ'ed by NYPD only to go onto other police jobs.
                  Yup! So true case in point, my brother in law was dq'd by NYPD. He then went on to work with the secret service along side Pres. Clinton. Then went on to work with a Police dept in MD,DC,VA ( my vagueness for security reasons) Is now a Det. Working particular cases with the Bureau. Now that is called " not giving up"
                  “Losers quit when they feel pain. Marines quit when the mission is accomplished.”

Comment

• Great story, 8132. Most people's definition of "end all" is "be all." It may take you longer to achieve your dream, but you'll still achieve it.
                    Last edited by Friday, Joe; 06-29-2012, 11:13 PM.
                    13O2 Aug '10
                    List: <1000

Comment

• Originally posted by 8132JULY2012 View Post
                      Yup! So true case in point, my brother in law was dq'd by NYPD. He then went on to work with the secret service along side Pres. Clinton. Then went on to work with a Police dept in MD,DC,VA ( my vagueness for security reasons) Is now a Det. Working particular cases with the Bureau. Now that is called " not giving up"
                      Great story 8132 , let them know bro , NYPD is not the only sheriff in town and it does not end by getting dq'd by NYPD , you can still get hired else where , just don't give up, if it is what you want . It will take so time.

Comment

I spoke to my investigator about it,and he said that i will be fine. The letter of DQ said that I made poor decision growimg up.Like I have a GED instead of a high school diploma.
                        I know a few cops that have GEDs. There's gotta be more to the story here. What does your letter say exactly?

Comment

• Originally posted by USN2NYPD View Post
                          I know a few cops that have GEDs. There's gotta be more to the story here. What does your letter say exactly?
                          I have my Oral Psych for Correction coming up,and I'm going to bring the letter with me.My letter say poor decision growing up.Having a GED instead of a High School Diploma.I went to HS 23 years ago.I work for the city for the last 19 years.Just to show I could keep a job.lol

Comment

I have my Oral Psych for Correction coming up,and I'm going to bring the letter with me.My letter say poor decision growing up.Having a GED instead of a High School Diploma.I went to HS 23 years ago.I work for the city for the last 19 years.Just to show I could keep a job.lol
                            You have 60 credits and they DQd you for simply getting your GED? Did you drop out because you got in trouble?

Comment

• Originally posted by USN2NYPD View Post
                              You have 60 credits and they DQd you for simply getting your GED? Did you drop out because you got in trouble?
                              Thats merely impossible if u say that they fail u just cuz u have a GED. I did the pysch already and everything went well.... Matter fact i also told them that i had to repeat a grade cuz i did horribly bad. Im pretty sure they looked at your college years and didnt like it. But when i went to do my psych my GPA was 4.0 maybe that could be the reason i passed. But hey, you never know what the pysch doc r thinking so GL.

Comment

• oops i forgot to mention that i also have a GED =D

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11403 users online. 398 members and 11005 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X