Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
    Other smaller police agencies might consider you; the only absolute bar for appointment is conviction of a felony.
    so do you think i dont have a small chance with nypd?

Comment

• Originally posted by hopeful1233 View Post
      so do you think i dont have a small chance with nypd?
      To be honest, I never heard of an a disqualification based on background investigation and then someone appealed it. However, my advice is that if this job is what you want, don't give up. Hire a lawyer and see the outcome. Better to try and fight than to sit and give up. Never know, you might end up getting hired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by ArabAmericanFinest View Post
        To be honest, I never heard of an a disqualification based on background investigation and then someone appealed it. However, my advice is that if this job is what you want, don't give up. Hire a lawyer and see the outcome. Better to try and fight than to sit and give up. Never know, you might end up getting hired.

It really is. I dont quite understand what you are saying though. Are you saying that i will be cleared by background and that pych will hold me up?

Comment

yeah i understand county. i hope they can see the arrest was long ago and that i matured. My BI told me just that. all she can do is say that i matured and that i have changed.

NYPD goes by well established hiring and retention guidelines. All the background investigators do is collect DATA from your background.

Comment

It really is. I dont quite understand what you are saying though. Are you saying that i will be cleared by background and that pych will hold me up?
            My apology, I meant to reply to someone else's situation not yours.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nypdcan1 View Post
              Hey all, I was not approved by the nypd for 2 reasons. 1 of them being that I visited someone in jail and still keep in touch. I know the kid and his family since 10 years old. I explained to the nypd that I visited him only to encourage him to be a better person and he currently works 7 days a week and hasn't been in any trouble in years. My time to time phone call to say hello was a problem cause I'm associating with a felon. I informed my bi I can cut all ties with him need be for this job and now I'm dq'd for it. 2nd, my ex wife in 2009 called the cops on me which I was never aware of until I met bi. Apparently it's for harassment because she stated "he didn't let me go to the mall" which was a bogus report. I explained to them that was the day we broke off our marriage and she must have been upset. No domestic violence occurred just simple called the cops and told them I didn't let her go to the mall. The only thing I had left was the mini-medical and I got through everything else. You guys are very helpful and informative and I would like to try to hire a lawyer to try to overturn this. My bi told me "nypd has the right to hire whoever they want" which makes me feel hopeless in trying to persue a reversal but I wanted to see what some of tou experts say and if anyone knows a good firm who might be able to help. I was really devastated to go through the whole process to hear I was dq'd for stuff like this. I passed psych, my credit was great, no debt, 12 years solid work history, no criminal history and this is what happened. Any help is appreciated.

Comment

• [QUOTE=ArabAmericanFinest;3768172]My apology, I meant to reply to someone else's situation not yours.

thats ok. well whats your opinion on my case?

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

NYPD goes by well established hiring and retention guidelines. All the background investigators do is collect DATA from your background.
                  I understand county. are you saying that im an auto dq?

Comment

Alright so in your situation:
                    You are on psych review which is due to your driving history and the arrest. Based on your arrest, they can say you are a bit aggressive and like to handle your problems with your own hand. As far as your driving history they can say you are reckless. Simply because of the arrest and driving history it give them a red flag. It's better to be on psych review than get a proposal disqualification. As far as the psych review, it's either they clear you without you doing anything or send you a proposal disqualification which I hope not. As far as investigation, they want to investigate your pass instead of relying to what you told them. So stay positive, don't give up and don't annoy your investigator. Always be polite when you email them and only do it once in a blue moon. Good luck bro

Comment

Alright so in your situation:
                      You are on psych review which is due to your driving history and the arrest. Based on your arrest, they can say you are a bit aggressive and like to handle your problems with your own hand. As far as your driving history they can say you are reckless. Simply because of the arrest and driving history it give them a red flag. It's better to be on psych review than get a proposal disqualification. As far as the psych review, it's either they clear you without you doing anything or send you a proposal disqualification which I hope not. As far as investigation, they want to investigate your pass instead of relying to what you told them. So stay positive, don't give up and don't annoy your investigator. Always be polite when you email them and only do it once in a blue moon. Good luck bro

when do you think i will know?

Comment

when do you think i will know?
                        It depends on them when they come to a conclusion. The psych doctor have to come to a conclusion and then pass it to his/her supervisor and the same goes with your BI. The psych review can last even a year long but hopefully in your case it doesn't take that long.

Comment

It depends on them when they come to a conclusion. The psych doctor have to come to a conclusion and then pass it to his/her supervisor and the same goes with your BI. The psych review can last even a year long but hopefully in your case it doesn't take that long.

received and email from a sergeant brill and she says im on investigative review and that the pych eval stops until the investigative review is cleared. she said a panel will convene to review my case. any thoughts?

Comment

received and email from a sergeant brill and she says im on investigative review and that the pych eval stops until the investigative review is cleared. she said a panel will convene to review my case. any thoughts?

I know of one county sheriff's office in the Upper Hudson Valley that will only hire county residents of their county and candidates for deputy sheriff and correction officer positions NOT convicted of any crimes. NYSP was the same way back in the 1970s.

Comment

I understand county. are you saying that im an auto dq?

I believe you're looking at disqualification from their point of view. Trying seeking employment with some of the smaller police agencies.

Comment

• Is there any way to find out the results of Psyc interview? And how long does it usually take?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9873 users online. 482 members and 9391 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X