Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rmpee View Post
    Yeah that's pretty much been the motto I've taken through the whole process. Maybe since the next academy is so close I'd hate to miss it because I "wasn't on top of it", so to speak.

Hard to sit on the sidelines but that's all I can do in this situation I suppose. Thanks!
    Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
    hey could i pm you? if so could you turn on private messaging.
    NYPD Exam 3317: 04/13
    Score: 9*.**
    List Number: 2**

APD 5: 03/25/15 - COMPLETED
    INITIAL MEDICAL: 07/14/15 - PASSED
    WRITTEN PSYCHOLOGICAL: 07/24/15 - PASSED
    ORAL PSYCHOLOGICAL: 10/0X/15
    JST: 10/20/15 - PASSED
    BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION: 10/27/15
    MINI-MED: XX/XX/XX

Comment

• Originally posted by ny3317 View Post
      hey could i pm you? if so could you turn on private messaging.
      Should be on now.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hey guys I'm going to try to make this short. I'm exam 3310 I'm currently on review depending on who you ask. Here is some background info. I finished school. Got 4 tickets related to my driving 2 wrong turn and 2 speeding most recent one was in January. Last one was my gf was giving birth so I was speeding. I have one arrest from 9 years ago from a dispute with my neighbor which I scratched his car. Took my punishment did community service and paid restitution. Took my oral pysch and went for a second interview. The pysch did not really grill me on the arrest but on my driving. My license was suspended for not paying the fine in time which was 4 years ago. Recently I took a defensive drivers course. Steady employment and was honest about my past. When I contacted my investigator she said I was on pysch review. Which was in may. Around September I contacted elouise archibald and she emailed me back saying I was on Investigative hold or review and that pysch would resume when the hold or review was lifted. So I contacted my investigator and said I heard I'm on Investigative Review and she said I'm on both pysch and investigative. I am looking for opinions on what you guys think is going on here. A friend of mine said they are holding me to see if I get another ticket. Since I have gotten a ticket each year for the past 4 years. I do know it's all assumption but I would like some opinions thank you. Currently it is about 6 months of hold/review.

Comment

• Originally posted by hopeful1233 View Post
          Hey guys I'm going to try to make this short. I'm exam 3310 I'm currently on review depending on who you ask. Here is some background info. I finished school. Got 4 tickets related to my driving 2 wrong turn and 2 speeding most recent one was in January. Last one was my gf was giving birth so I was speeding. I have one arrest from 9 years ago from a dispute with my neighbor which I scratched his car. Took my punishment did community service and paid restitution. Took my oral pysch and went for a second interview. The pysch did not really grill me on the arrest but on my driving. My license was suspended for not paying the fine in time which was 4 years ago. Recently I took a defensive drivers course. Steady employment and was honest about my past. When I contacted my investigator she said I was on pysch review. Which was in may. Around September I contacted elouise archibald and she emailed me back saying I was on Investigative hold or review and that pysch would resume when the hold or review was lifted. So I contacted my investigator and said I heard I'm on Investigative Review and she said I'm on both pysch and investigative. I am looking for opinions on what you guys think is going on here. A friend of mine said they are holding me to see if I get another ticket. Since I have gotten a ticket each year for the past 4 years. I do know it's all assumption but I would like some opinions thank you. Currently it is about 6 months of hold/review.

It sounds like to me you're going to be disqualified from appointment. Time to move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

It sounds like to me you're going to be disqualified from appointment. Time to move on.
            I got the NOPD through my jjay email. Discourgaing but I don't know if it is worth the wait to go through the appeal.

Comment

How sure are you county? If thats the case when would the letter come in?

Comment

How sure are you county? If thats the case when would the letter come in?

The vast majority of "holds and reviews" result in disqualification.
                Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 11-11-2015, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• does it sound like it because of the tickets or what?

Comment

• i never stole anything county. if you are referring to the incident i scratched the car which resulted in a graffiti charge.

Comment

i never stole anything county. if you are referring to the incident i scratched the car which resulted in a graffiti charge.
                      OK, I misread your original post......its called criminal mischief.

Comment

The vast majority of "holds and reviews" result in disqualification.

Comment

OK, I misread your original post......its called criminal mischief.
                          Yeah that was it. I was young and immature explained what happened and took my punishment. 9 years ago since then grown up matured alot. when i mentioned that i work full time, provide for my family and just kept a quiet lifestyle no drinking or partying. she just went on about my tickets.

Comment

does it sound like it because of the tickets or what?
                            Combination of driving record, failure to pay traffic fines and criminal mischief misdemeanor conviction is what they see as negative character traits.

Comment

Yeah that was it. I was young and immature explained what happened and took my punishment. 9 years ago since then grown up matured alot. when i mentioned that i work full time, provide for my family and just kept a quiet lifestyle no drinking or partying. she just went on about my tickets.
                              Other smaller police agencies might consider you; the only absolute bar for appointment is conviction of a felony.

Comment

Combination of driving record, failure to pay traffic fines and criminal mischief misdemeanor conviction is what they see as negative character traits.
                                yeah i understand county. i hope they can see the arrest was long ago and that i matured. My BI told me just that. all she can do is say that i matured and that i have changed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6430 users online. 323 members and 6107 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X