Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YES SIR, whatever you say lolllll. If you look at my last post you will see that I was defending a person in need that had questions about procedures and possibilities, from a a low self esteem creep that was treating him wrong. Doble check bro, you will see that im on your side and I do agree with you. Next time you want to be somebodys lawyer doble check before making a *** out of yourself. God bless...

Ps. Just got out of work. Give me time to rest and I will respond to all 9 text that I recieved today. Seven cheared me for putting people in there place and for those two who insulted me im like heavy d, I got nothing but love for you baby. Lolll

Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
    Leo.....Please do not talk about self-esteem. Many of the more experienced posters here have all the self-esteem they need to handle the job. Those who post asking questions about procedures and possibilities deserve the assistance that they ask for. Those who come here to cry about how the poorly run NYPD selection process just lost the best get the answers they deserve and usually are the posters with low self-esteem..

Comment

• You wrote to "support" a poster who has no claim on our support. I know what I read. And too bad if you don't like CCCSD, he may be rough around the edges but is on point. If you can't take this heat, how are you going to respond to the real thing in the street? Don't you realize that perhaps the NYPD screening process weeds out such candidates?

Comment

• Originally posted by LEO2010 View Post
        YES SIR, whatever you say lolllll. If you look at my last post you will see that I was defending a person in need that had questions about procedures and possibilities, from a a low self esteem creep that was treating him wrong. Doble check bro, you will see that im on your side and I do agree with you. Next time you want to be somebodys lawyer doble check before making a *** out of yourself. God bless...

Ps. Just got out of work. Give me time to rest and I will respond to all 9 text that I recieved today. Seven cheared me for putting people in there place and for those two who insulted me im like heavy d, I got nothing but love for you baby. Lolll
        WTF is a "doble?"

You are so off base its not even funny anymore, it's actually sad to see you posting that people texted you...
        If that's what you think is support for your dooshbag posts, you just made Jesus scream in frustration.

GFY kid. Grow up.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• My psych dr is requesting documents when I went to a session 3 years ago. I called the place I went too and they're telling me they can't get the records for up to a month. It's due the 10th. And I don't know what to do. Please anybody help me out.

Comment

• Originally posted by GMENlanguage80 View Post
            My psych dr is requesting documents when I went to a session 3 years ago. I called the place I went too and they're telling me they can't get the records for up to a month. It's due the 10th. And I don't know what to do. Please anybody help me out.
            Have the medical office send your psych an official note stating exactly that signed by the office manager.

If they cannot send it for a month and they tell the psych doctor this.. What else can you do?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Did you try the Medical Society or whatever the state calls it? All records should be in storage.

Comment

• Wondering what the most tactful way to handle this is:

Had my psych a little over two weeks ago and the psychologist requested some old medical paperwork and put me on review for two weeks, which was up on Wednesday, since I sent the paperwork as requested, that it would be cleared at that time.

I tried calling scheduling to set up my mini med but he said i was on psych review and should contact the psych department, which is how i found out I'm still on review past that two week timeframe. Even if only by a couple of days.

Is this common that it doesn't get instantly cleared when the doctor requests additional paperwork? Should I try to contact him/my BI/psych or just sit it out?

Last edited by rmpee; 11-07-2015, 06:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmpee View Post
                  Wondering what the most tactful way to handle this is:

Had my psych a little over two weeks ago and the psychologist requested some old medical paperwork and put me on review for two weeks, which was up on Wednesday, since I sent the paperwork as requested, that it would be cleared at that time.

I tried calling scheduling to set up my mini med but he said i was on psych review and should contact the psych department, which is how i found out I'm still on review past that two week timeframe. Even if only by a couple of days.

Is this common that it doesn't get instantly cleared when the doctor requests additional paperwork? Should I try to contact him/my BI/psych or just sit it out?

You need to "go with the flow". In other words, you're on their schedule to contact you NOT yours. Patience is a key word.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                    You need to "go with the flow". In other words, you're on their schedule to contact you NOT yours. Patience is a key word.
                    Yeah that's pretty much been the motto I've taken through the whole process. Maybe since the next academy is so close I'd hate to miss it because I "wasn't on top of it", so to speak.

Hard to sit on the sidelines but that's all I can do in this situation I suppose. Thanks!

Comment

• Hey guys what's going. I would like to know how long is psych test good for before re take? Thank you

Comment

• Hey guys, quick question hopefully someone can help me out. I got a letter back in mid April stating I was going to be dq'd for pysch reasons, but I withdrew my name from the list because of family issues that came up that needed to be taken care of. I figured if I needed to appeal the dq, that I could after everything was settled within my family. Can I re-open my file and appeal the dq?

Comment

• Originally posted by rmpee View Post
                          Wondering what the most tactful way to handle this is:

I'm in the same situation. Paperwork was submitted on due date and it's been a month, still no word. My investigator told me this is common. unfortunately we are on their time, the waiting game sucks but we gotta have patience. Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by krispaul_LFX View Post
                            Hey guys, quick question hopefully someone can help me out. I got a letter back in mid April stating I was going to be dq'd for pysch reasons, but I withdrew my name from the list because of family issues that came up that needed to be taken care of. I figured if I needed to appeal the dq, that I could after everything was settled within my family. Can I re-open my file and appeal the dq?

Disqualification for any reason means just that. Your name has been removed from the certified list of eligibles. I don't know the time frame for appealing psych disqualifications but I am sure you are well past the expiration. You will need to retest again for appointment consideration.
                            Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 11-08-2015, 07:28 AM.

Comment

• Hey all, I was not approved by the nypd for 2 reasons. 1 of them being that I visited someone in jail and still keep in touch. I know the kid and his family since 10 years old. I explained to the nypd that I visited him only to encourage him to be a better person and he currently works 7 days a week and hasn't been in any trouble in years. My time to time phone call to say hello was a problem cause I'm associating with a felon. I informed my bi I can cut all ties with him need be for this job and now I'm dq'd for it. 2nd, my ex wife in 2009 called the cops on me which I was never aware of until I met bi. Apparently it's for harassment because she stated "he didn't let me go to the mall" which was a bogus report. I explained to them that was the day we broke off our marriage and she must have been upset. No domestic violence occurred just simple called the cops and told them I didn't let her go to the mall. The only thing I had left was the mini-medical and I got through everything else. You guys are very helpful and informative and I would like to try to hire a lawyer to try to overturn this. My bi told me "nypd has the right to hire whoever they want" which makes me feel hopeless in trying to persue a reversal but I wanted to see what some of tou experts say and if anyone knows a good firm who might be able to help. I was really devastated to go through the whole process to hear I was dq'd for stuff like this. I passed psych, my credit was great, no debt, 12 years solid work history, no criminal history and this is what happened. Any help is appreciated.
                              Exam:3310 09/12
                              List #3xx
                              Medical: Done
                              Written Psych: Done
                              Oral Psych: Passed
                              Meet Bi: Done/Under Investigation
                              JST: Done
                              Mini-Med:?

Comment

• It means you have issues.
                                Friends with a known Felon, which you would restart as soon as you got hired.
                                Possible domestic/anger issues.

Try somewhere else. They DO HAVE the right NOT to hire you, based on the findings.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9061 users online. 357 members and 8704 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X