Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • No. Maybe people should be more realistic and accept that sometimes they don't meet standards. That's what the process is about. Not YOU, the Agency.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

    Comment


    • I thought this forum was for support. Just because everything is working out for you doesn't mean you belittle the ones who couldn't make it

      Comment


      • Actually, it's about information. The Wailing Wall is in Jerusalem. That would be left, then straight for a few thousand miles...
        Now go home and get your shine box!

        Comment


        • Jay, learn not to take things personal. Theres always going to be A holes in life that think there s^^t doesnt stink. Before becoming a CO the security guard of the building I use to work in was a EX cop he was always talking trash on how all PO should be fit for the job even though he weighed about 350 and a whole bunch of BS. I ran in to his son in the City some time ago and asked were was he working as a PO because his dad was always talking about his two Kids being cops. He told me while in the academy he had to resign because he couldn't run the 1.5 miles within the time that was given and his brother never passed the investigation. Stay positive JAY, NYPD is not the Last job in the world. If it wasnt for you it was probably not Gods plan......

          Originally posted by jay91 View Post
          I thought this forum was for support. Just because everything is working out for you doesn't mean you belittle the ones who couldn't make it

          Comment


          • Originally posted by mike_s1234 View Post
            Multiple people outside of NYPD, including attorneys and commissioners from civil service seem to have agreed...I'm guessing that your clear failure to accept responsibility for your past decisions and behavior might have bolstered their argument.
            Have agreed to what? Why Be so negative, unless you are a big shot on the job you have no right to judge him or say wether he is qualified.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
              No. Maybe people should be more realistic and accept that sometimes they don't meet standards. That's what the process is about. Not YOU, the Agency.
              THey have DQed some people for some pretty crazy things.

              Comment


              • Sorry double post.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jay91 View Post
                  The NYPD psych department needs to change. They have ruined so many good candidates lives.

                  Don't look at things that way; its only a job for god's sake. If the "Big" agencies won't hire you perhaps the smaller agencies will give you a shot. Consider taking the MPTC Basic police officer training course Phase 1 at one of the local community colleges. Many an individual got their start in police work working as part-timers after completing the MPTC course on their own dime.

                  You might consider starting out in corrections--its an honorable profession. The experience you will get in handling offenders in a custodial setting is priceless.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by LEO2010 View Post
                    Jay, learn not to take things personal. Theres always going to be A holes in life that think there s^^t doesnt stink. Before becoming a CO the security guard of the building I use to work in was a EX cop he was always talking trash on how all PO should be fit for the job even though he weighed about 350 and a whole bunch of BS. I ran in to his son in the City some time ago and asked were was he working as a PO because his dad was always talking about his two Kids being cops. He told me while in the academy he had to resign because he couldn't run the 1.5 miles within the time that was given and his brother never passed the investigation. Stay positive JAY, NYPD is not the Last job in the world. If it wasnt for you it was probably not Gods plan......

                    How could a 350 lb person go into the NYPD academy to began with?? He would have been medically DQed at the initial medical exam as his weight was NOT proportionate to his height.

                    Comment


                    • Jay......CCCSD is correct. These forums are here to provide information. None of us know your, or any other poster's, situation. We have no idea why you were DQ'd. NYPD has had these standards forever. Nothing will change because you're not happy with the decision. As far as the NYPD is concerned, you and the other failed candidates are just not people they want to hire. Look at how many threads are listed in this forum for existing exams. NYPD can be as selective as they want using whatever criteria they wish.

                      Comment


                      • Thanks for all the supportive comments guys. Appreciate it

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by LEO2010 View Post
                          Jay, learn not to take things personal. Theres always going to be A holes in life that think there s^^t doesnt stink. Before becoming a CO the security guard of the building I use to work in was a EX cop he was always talking trash on how all PO should be fit for the job even though he weighed about 350 and a whole bunch of BS. I ran in to his son in the City some time ago and asked were was he working as a PO because his dad was always talking about his two Kids being cops. He told me while in the academy he had to resign because he couldn't run the 1.5 miles within the time that was given and his brother never passed the investigation. Stay positive JAY, NYPD is not the Last job in the world. If it wasnt for you it was probably not Gods plan......
                          And YOU'VE been a cop for how long now..? Oh. Never. That's right. Newsflash: God has nothing to do with the hiring process.

                          Learning has occurred. You can GO now.
                          Now go home and get your shine box!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
                            Have agreed to what? Why Be so negative, unless you are a big shot on the job you have no right to judge him or say wether he is qualified.
                            Well, it would certainly be strange to offer details about how the process works if I didn't know anything about it. Failing to own up to past mistakes is often a disqualifier; instead people tend to minimize or withhold info, even if it's not important, which destroys credibility in the long run.

                            Regardless, talking sh*t about the MOS and command of the department you so badly want to work for...on a public forum nonetheless, doesn't seem like the smartest move.

                            Comment


                            • I love how you say failing to own up to mistakes. It was my mistake that I was arrested for something i didnt do and the detectives were to lazy to investigate? give me a break stop trolling on this forum.

                              Comment


                              • Mike,

                                See the difference?

                                ATTITUDE!
                                Last edited by CCCSD; 10-30-2015, 02:43 PM.
                                Now go home and get your shine box!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7137 users online. 200 members and 6937 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X