Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey guys so I just heard back from civil service and they affirmed the NYPDS decision. (4 grand down the drain). does anybody have any experience with article 78 cases?

Comment

• Originally posted by jay91 View Post
      hey guys so I just heard back from civil service and they affirmed the NYPDS decision. (4 grand down the drain). does anybody have any experience with article 78 cases?
      You are going up against the grain with an Article 78 proceedings against NYPD in state supreme court. You will need to prove that the determination was arbitrary, capricious or not in good faith. In the vast majority of these claims involving original appointment, the court will always rule in favor of the agency and will not overturn their judgement. Move on and forget NYPD.......
      Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 10-28-2015, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• Yeah I wish I had moved on from the NYPD a long time ago. Totally wasn't worth appealing and waiting. Do you know any other agencies outside NYC hiring?

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
          Heart disease and hypertension is a big issue with NYPD. In fact, NYPD has the state's "Heart Bill" provision which allows their officers to retire on 3/4 disability pension on any heart disease or hypertension issue on the pretense the occupation caused the condition.
          Mostly likely, candidates with a pre-existing heart condition, including hypertension, will be medically disqualified from appointment.
          Thanks I passed the medical already thou. I don't think it's permanent thing it's mainly because I've gained weight. I haven't taken the mini med.
          Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 10-28-2015, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Yeah I wish I had moved on from the NYPD a long time ago. Totally wasn't worth appealing and waiting. Do you know any other agencies outside NYC hiring?
            Yup, Baltimore,MD; Philadelphia, PA and Atlanta, GA PD hiring.......check out their websites.
            Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 10-28-2015, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• Nothing Upstate or Jersey?

Comment

Nothing Upstate or Jersey?
                Upstate I can only think of the major cities.....Yonkers,Albany, Rochester, and Buffalo. And these major cities have residency requirements. 90% of all police departments (total 550) in NYS employ 25 or less sworn officers. Upstate its generally who you know to get a police position.

Comment

• Yeah ill probably look into it. Im hearing article 78 cases cost around 5 grand so not even worth the money.

Comment

• I just had my psych on Tuesday. I was nervous as all hell. I'm messed on a few work dates when the dr asked me. She also said that it was my last chance at being honest. She then said clean slate. I told her I'm surely not trying to be dishonest. I just didn't remember because they were so long ago. And during the written psych answered some questions that were completely false. I explained that was a error and that they were false. I went to a psychologist or psychiatrist I can't remember with it was. I went due to my grandmother dying and my ex fiancé suggesting I go. I was very close to her. I went to one session and never went back. The dr wants notes from the session I went too. Am I psych review of something? Did I screw my chances up?

Comment

• Originally posted by GMENlanguage80 View Post
                      I just had my psych on Tuesday. I was nervous as all hell. I'm messed on a few work dates when the dr asked me. She also said that it was my last chance at being honest. She then said clean slate. I told her I'm surely not trying to be dishonest. I just didn't remember because they were so long ago. And during the written psych answered some questions that were completely false. I explained that was a error and that they were false. I went to a psychologist or psychiatrist I can't remember with it was. I went due to my grandmother dying and my ex fiancé suggesting I go. I was very close to her. I went to one session and never went back. The dr wants notes from the session I went too. Am I psych review of something? Did I screw my chances up?

Yes, you are most likely headed into review and possible psych disqualification.
                      Honesty is a big thing with them.

See post #1537

Comment

• The NYPD psych department needs to change. They have ruined so many good candidates lives.

Comment

The NYPD psych department needs to change. They have ruined so many good candidates lives.
                          Multiple people outside of NYPD, including attorneys and commissioners from civil service seem to have agreed...I'm guessing that your clear failure to accept responsibility for your past decisions and behavior might have bolstered their argument.

Comment

• They get tons of appeals. They could care less about any of the appeals. If they actually took their time to investigate they would realize. And I made no bad decisions in the past. I was actually framed for a misdemeanor for which the charges were dropped. Quite frankly the NYPD could care less

Comment

• There's your answer then. Move on. No one is special. You didn't meet the criteria. Next.
                              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Hard to move on when you wasted all this money and time. Maybe the NYPd should be more realistic when they are recruiting all over NYC

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7614 users online. 413 members and 7201 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X