Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same thing happened to me. I had to produce documents from my doctors saying they didn't have the records anymore. However I had to figure to do that on my own. Now I'm waiting for the next step.

Comment

• County......a slight correction....medical records need only be maintained for 6 yrs. from the last date of treatment. If the patient is a minor, the records must be maintained for one year after the minor turns 18.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
        Same thing happened to me. I had to produce documents from my doctors saying they didn't have the records anymore. However I had to figure to do that on my own. Now I'm waiting for the next step.
        I'm in the same boat, this waiting game sucks. I'm sure they know after ten years records get destroyed, why they would ask for it beats me.

Comment

• I have a neighbor that been threw the same situation. When he was in high school he use to cut class alot and had a médical issue at that time. He was DQ from NYPD because of those situations. He couldnt provide the médical papers and cut to much. Now 34 years of age he works in CBP been otj for a year and was Lucky enough to me Sent to JFK. I really dont know why NYPD DQ so many people for petty things that happend more the 15 years ago. Its unfair. Stay positive it is not the only job in the world. Question, Does nypd DQ people because of there weight?? Is there a standerd weight and height that applicant should go by to get qualified??..
          Originally posted by rmpee View Post
          Last week i finally had my oral psych interview and let me say... I'm baffled and still recouping from it. I won't go into great detail but i can say I've never in my life experienced anything like it. Obscure questions were the norm and downright ludicrous questions were ever present as well. Over an hour of them! By the end i could barely remember my own name.

At any rate at the end he put me on review because he wanted records that are 15+ years old that i found out i cannot procure because they do not exist anymore! I checked and they do not keep records over 10 years.

All i can do is have the doctors office write an officially signed document stating that fact and sending it to the psychologist. Anything else i can do at this point beyond that?

It was just so bizarre he was questioning my history of my teenage and high school when I'm in my 30s now. It's so far in the past. Not that i have anything in my high school records but the amount he was grilling me over 15 years ago was mind boggling.

I think he knew well that offices do not keep medical records for 15 years. Why even request them? Does this bode poorly for me since they don't exist anymore?

*reeling*

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Does any one know If they test blood pressure again at the mini med. I already did the regular med and I guess my blood pressure was fine. However it's been high recently and I'm wondering if the mini med will DQ me for it? Sorry realized this isn't pertinent to the thread but too late I asked.
            Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 10-28-2015, 01:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LEO2010 View Post
              I have a neighbor that been threw the same situation. When he was in high school he use to cut class alot and had a médical issue at that time. He was DQ from NYPD because of those situations. He couldnt provide the médical papers and cut to much. Now 34 years of age he works in CBP been otj for a year and was Lucky enough to me Sent to JFK. I really dont know why NYPD DQ so many people for petty things that happend more the 15 years ago. Its unfair. Stay positive it is not the only job in the world. Question, Does nypd DQ people because of there weight?? Is there a standerd weight and height that applicant should go by to get qualified??..
              Everything you've done reflects on what you might do. Don't like it? Don't apply. You ****ed up on PURPOSE, so stop putting it off as kid stuff.

Ramifications exist. Do stupid things, get punished.
              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by LEO2010 View Post
                I have a neighbor that been threw the same situation. When he was in high school he use to cut class alot and had a médical issue at that time. He was DQ from NYPD because of those situations. He couldnt provide the médical papers and cut to much. Now 34 years of age he works in CBP been otj for a year and was Lucky enough to me Sent to JFK. I really dont know why NYPD DQ so many people for petty things that happend more the 15 years ago. Its unfair. Stay positive it is not the only job in the world. Question, Does nypd DQ people because of there weight?? Is there a standerd weight and height that applicant should go by to get qualified??..

NYPD has literally tens of thousands of candidates taking the written exam. They can afford to be selective. Only ONE out of ten candidates applying will get to the academy. Being disqualified from NYPD does NOT necessarily mean the person would make a 'poor' police officer. It merely means the individual does not meet their stringent hiring and retention guidelines for appointment.

Comment

Does any one know If they test blood pressure again at the mini med. I already did the regular med and I guess my blood pressure was fine. However it's been high recently and I'm wondering if the mini med will DQ me for it? Sorry realized this isn't pertinent to the thread but too late I asked.
                  Heart disease and hypertension is a big issue with NYPD. In fact, NYPD has the state's "Heart Bill" provision which allows their officers to retire on 3/4 disability pension on any heart disease or hypertension issue on the pretense the occupation caused the condition.
                  Mostly likely, candidates with a pre-existing heart condition, including hypertension, will be medically disqualified from appointment.
                  Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 10-28-2015, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                    County......a slight correction....medical records need only be maintained for 6 yrs. from the last date of treatment. If the patient is a minor, the records must be maintained for one year after the minor turns 18.
                    Many keep them longer, especially if they keep them electronically.
                    Problems with a psych exam?
                    Have an upcoming
                    PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                    you make up your mind.
                    WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                    http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

Does any one know If they test blood pressure again at the mini med. I already did the regular med and I guess my blood pressure was fine. However it's been high recently and I'm wondering if the mini med will DQ me for it? Sorry realized this isn't pertinent to the thread but too late I asked.
                      I dont believe so, but if your high you can go on medication and nypd is okay with it as long as your pressure is controlled
                      Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                      you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                        Heart disease and hypertension is a big issue with NYPD. In fact, NYPD has the state's "Heart Bill" provision which allows their officers to retire on 3/4 disability pension on any heart disease or hypertension issue on the pretense the occupation caused the condition.
                        Mostly likely, candidates with a pre-existing heart condition, including hypertension, will be medically disqualified from appointment.

New hires dont have the heart bill from what i understand.
                        Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                          County......a slight correction....medical records need only be maintained for 6 yrs. from the last date of treatment. If the patient is a minor, the records must be maintained for one year after the minor turns 18.
                          Thanks, LT.........it's crazy the things NYPD requests their candidates to do in terms of document retrieval in which the original file have been destroyed by the medical provider(s).

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                            New hires dont have the heart bill from what i understand.
                            They are "out of luck" then. Might qualify for "ordinary disability" retirement which is significantly less in payout then 3/4 retirement "on the job injury or illness. The other option is take hypertension meds and stick it out like the rest of us old folks in this business does.

Comment

• Deleted old post. No longer needed.
                              Last edited by haoken; 10-19-2018, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by haoken View Post
                                This is not a psych dq question but does anyone know the standards for police officers in the state of New York when it comes to herniated discs? What about for peace officers? Is a herniated disc grounds for medical dq?

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Medical standards for police officers usually go by NYSDCJS MPTC medical guidelines
                                You might be able to obtain a copy by visiting the NYSDCJS website or by writing the local civil service commission where you live. Note that part time police officers DO NOT have to meet any medical requirements but must fully complete all necessary training requirements.

The vast majority of occupational peace officers in New York State are Correction Officers. There are NO state mandated medical standards for peace officers and each municipality (state,NYC and the NY counties) is free to chose their own tailor made medical and agility standards for each occupational class of peace officer.
                                Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 10-28-2015, 01:04 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10232 users online. 377 members and 9855 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X