Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
    If its a Psych DQ, you get a proposed dq notice. Its a generic " form letter". The only time you can review their detailed report and reasoning is, through an appeal. Even at that point, your appeal psychologist can explain the NYPD's record it to you and go over it with you, but due to medical record laws- i dont believe he or she can not give you a copy as the records are not his property. (he can give it to your attorney, and your attorney can give them
    to you). It's probably better that you review it with a reputable psychologist, as they can give you a professional psychological opinion.

If its a character DQ, you get a quasi-specific proposed dq with a pretty vague checklist filled out. Once again, only way to get a detailed report and review the departments record is to appeal.
    You can not receive a detailed report on a character disqualification which is based on NYPD hring and retention guidelines.
    New York Courts have always consistently ruled in favor of the department's discretion in appointing police personnel on the grounds that it is a sensitive position upholding the public trust.

However; hiring standards vary from agency to agency. What might lead to non-selection in one agency could be very well be overlooked in another agency and result in the individual being hired. I know of an officer who was terminated for using unnecessary force on an inmate (who was in handcuffs) in my department but was hired by the sheriff's office in an adjacent county shortly thereafter. Would this individual be hired by NYPD or state corrections?? I would say not.

Comment

• Nypost gives us another story about a candidate being DQ. http://nypost.com/2015/10/05/i-could...ple-sclerosis/

Comment

• Originally posted by LEO2010 View Post
        Nypost gives us another story about a candidate being DQ. http://nypost.com/2015/10/05/i-could...ple-sclerosis/
        NYPD sees a potential disability retirement down the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
          You can not receive a detailed report on a character disqualification which is based on NYPD hring and retention guidelines.
          New York Courts have always consistently ruled in favor of the department's discretion in appointing police personnel on the grounds that it is a sensitive position upholding the public trust.

However; hiring standards vary from agency to agency. What might lead to non-selection in one agency could be very well be overlooked in another agency and result in the individual being hired. I know of an officer who was terminated for using unnecessary force on an inmate (who was in handcuffs) in my department but was hired by the sheriff's office in an adjacent county shortly thereafter. Would this individual be hired by NYPD or state corrections?? I would say not.
          NYPD Will release the "agency file" when defending against an appeal.
          Last edited by Vista; 10-09-2015, 10:41 AM.
          Problems with a psych exam?
          Have an upcoming
          PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
          you make up your mind.
          WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
          http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
            NYPD Will release the "agency file" when defending against an appeal.

And that agency file will list the specific negative incident(s) of conduct that lead to non-selection; and that all actions taken were in the best interest of the NYC Police Department.

Comment

• If a person is placed on review, or even dq'ed from the NYPD, is it guaranteed that you would have the same thing happen with say FDNY, DSNY, Corrections, etc..?
              Exam# 2326 Score- 9X List#2XX APD- 01/13 Medical- 03/14 Written Psych- 03/14 Oral Psych- 03/14 Meet with BI- 04/14 JST- 4/14

Comment

• Originally posted by boog View Post
                If a person is placed on review, or even dq'ed from the NYPD, is it guaranteed that you would have the same thing happen with say FDNY, DSNY, Corrections, etc..?

It depends on what the disqualification is for. You mentioned DSNY. Sanitation worker and police officer are to totally different occupations in scope and description. Sanitation is garbage collection and disposal. Police work is law enforcement activity involving crime prevention and the apprehension of criminal offenders. Both Police and Correction Officers are considered public officers in New York State, and hiring practices for city correction officers generally mirror that of NYPD. This is because corrections is considered to be a sensitive position since the ability to carry firearms is part of the job description. Both the fire service and sanitation require a candidate to have brute strength as both positions are physically demanding. These positions are not designated public officer and police/corrections disqualifications normally would not effect a candidate's eligibility for these jobs.

Comment

• Okay, Thanks.
                  Last edited by boog; 10-11-2015, 02:35 AM.
                  Exam# 2326 Score- 9X List#2XX APD- 01/13 Medical- 03/14 Written Psych- 03/14 Oral Psych- 03/14 Meet with BI- 04/14 JST- 4/14

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

It depends on what the disqualification is for. You mentioned DSNY. Sanitation worker and police officer are to totally different occupations in scope and description. Sanitation is garbage collection and disposal. Police work is law enforcement activity involving crime prevention and the apprehension of criminal offenders. Both Police and Correction Officers are considered public officers in New York State, and hiring practices for city correction officers generally mirror that of NYPD. This is because corrections is considered to be a sensitive position since the ability to carry firearms is part of the job description. Both the fire service and sanitation require a candidate to have brute strength as both positions are physically demanding. These positions are not designated public officer and police/corrections disqualifications normally would not effect a candidate's eligibility for these jobs.
                    Do you mind if i send you a pm?

Comment

Do you mind if i send you a pm?
                      Go ahead, boog

Comment

• Do you have to be 21 to take the written/oral psych?

Comment

If a person is placed on review, or even dq'ed from the NYPD, is it guaranteed that you would have the same thing happen with say FDNY, DSNY, Corrections, etc..?
                          No DQ is an automatic dq for another agency. It will be weighed into their decision but still decided on a case by case basis
                          Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                          you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmcm1995 View Post
                            Do you have to be 21 to take the written/oral psych?
                            Dont rhink so
                            Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmcm1995 View Post
                              Do you have to be 21 to take the written/oral psych?

Minimum age 21 to be appointed.

Comment

• Hey all. I just found out I'm not approved for hire. They won't tell me why. Just that my case wasn't signed off by the chief. Is there anything I can do in regards to appealing? My bi told me they have the right to hire whoever they want. I'm just wondering what options I may have.
                                Exam:3310 09/12
                                List #3xx
                                Medical: Done
                                Written Psych: Done
                                Oral Psych: Passed
                                Meet Bi: Done/Under Investigation
                                JST: Done
                                Mini-Med:?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6831 users online. 311 members and 6520 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X