Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Friday, Joe View Post
    It's a real shame but it's the truth. I hate that we send our men and women to war, show them the worst stuff anyone's ever going to see and then brand them as PTSD, a label that will keep them from high stress jobs forever. I don't want to meet the guy or gal who doesn't have PTSD after seeing what I've heard they see. A real, damn shame.
    Not necessarily true, Joe Friday. He might be disqualified by NYPD darconic hiring guidelines but there are other police agencies [smaller counties,towns, cities] that would consider him for employment. No one is perfect and I have seen others DQ'ed by NYPD only to go onto other police jobs.

Comment

• Oh that's good to hear then
      13O2 Aug '10
      List: <1000

Comment

• Originally posted by Coolguybad View Post
        So if you're DQ-ed from NYPD, does that mean you don't ever have a chance again even if you apply many years later? Do they just look at your file and say, oh, this guy was DQ-ed, next?
        If you are DQ-ed ONCE by NYPD for any psych,medical, or character issues; you WILL NOT receive any future consideration for appointment even if you again took the police exam many years later. Your background investigation file contents is confidential and will not be divulged to other police agencies.

Comment

• deleted.......
          Last edited by FrankieF28; 08-05-2012, 08:43 PM. Reason: n/a

Comment

• Originally posted by 1911user View Post
            For those of you on "Review" or have been "DQ'd" you need to put look at the process from "The Jobs" point of view. They have hundreds....thousands of applicants in line behind you, that have NO PROBLEMS or ISSUES. Why take one of you, when the next body "number" is ready to go. No negative history, no drama. The Job owes you nothing, you are the unborn. Meet their criteria or move over, it's just business.

That's true. Most of the larger police agencies have strict hiring and retention guidelines as each new hire is considered to be a calculated risk with a firearm and a moving vehicle. So it's either get hired or get out of the selection process permanently .
            For years hight and vision killed many an applicants hope to come "On The Job". Removing the height requiement and LASIK surgery have opened up the job to many more people. That's the good. The Bad are psych, medical and background problems that will kill the dreams of many and will not change.

You're correct about the psych, medical, and background problems. However; many of these DQ cases get hired onto other smaller law enforcement agencies with a recruitment or retention problem
            Believe me, I've been in this thing we call "THE JOB" for 32 years and the above has remained the same.

For tHose of you who feel you are borderline and can afford the fight, get an attorney who deals with the review or DQ process and a good Physician to help you fight the fight.

An attorney might be able to assist a disqualified candidate with a medical or psych problem but character background issues are next to impossible to overturn with either the civil service commission or the courts
            And lastly...to "nycapomts" start using spell check or get a smart phone with larger letters. Your TYPOS and poor grammar (that's you not the phone) are giving many of us HEADACHES. Good Luck to you all.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankieF28 View Post
              I have a very long way to go before I get to this step. But I'm also very nervious for this backround. I mean I never really been in trouble or anything. I have used pot but I haven't touched it in years. I drink once in a while with friends at parties but nothing crazy.I only got into 1 fist fight my whole life. I just feel like the psych doctors want you to fail. I understand they need to make sure you'r not crazy but still gets me a little nervious, I just hope all goes well and don't get put on review.
              If you're as open in your psych as you are on your post then it wont be good. Why divulge info that cannot be verified, not saying lie but stop blurting out about smoking pot on a very public forum.
              NYPD Exam 6093(expired ) 1302 List 1xxx
              Apd5- submitted 2/2012
              Medical- DONE
              Psych Written- DONE
              Psych Oral- DONE
              Background- In process
              JST- not yet

Fdny 2000- score 104 list 3xx

Comment

• deleted......
                Last edited by FrankieF28; 08-05-2012, 08:43 PM. Reason: n/a

Comment

• I've never smoked and I'm not lying. Just because a majority of your social circle participated in mind altering ingestions, doesn't mean others have.
                  13O2 Aug '10
                  List: <1000

Comment

• deleted.....
                    Last edited by FrankieF28; 08-05-2012, 08:44 PM. Reason: n/a

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankieF28 View Post
                      Well I don't really have anything to lie about and besides anybody who says they never smoked pot , most likely is lieing. I was just courious to hear peoples stories about going to the psych interview thats all.
                      Dont think like that. These days they're trying to dq ppl for everything. Your few times smoking pot might turn into them asking exactly how many times, which might lead you to get nervous and estimate, boom the next minute you're telling them you might have tried it more than a few times, next they keep at it and get an exact number out of you which puts you into the habitual user category. Just saying don't try to appear as a boyscout thinking it earns you extra points.
                      NYPD Exam 6093(expired ) 1302 List 1xxx
                      Apd5- submitted 2/2012
                      Medical- DONE
                      Psych Written- DONE
                      Psych Oral- DONE
                      Background- In process
                      JST- not yet

Fdny 2000- score 104 list 3xx

Comment

• True I don't know. I just thought by being honset with them it would most likley benfit me thats all.

Comment

• If you get DQ from NYPD, what happens if you are in the process in DOC? You get DQ againg?

Comment

• Originally posted by kreative718 View Post
                            If you get DQ from NYPD, what happens if you are in the process in DOC? You get DQ againg?

Most likely you will be DQ again.....DOC hiring and retention guidelines mirror NYPD. NYCDOC will know of your removal from the NYPD police officer civil service list and will act accordingly without the need of further background information.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

Most likely you will be DQ again.....DOC hiring and retention guidelines mirror NYPD. NYCDOC will know of your removal from the NYPD police officer civil service list and will act accordingly without the need of further background information.
                              I spoke to my investigator about it,and he said that i will be fine. The letter of DQ said that I made poor decision growimg up.Like I have a GED instead of a high school diploma.

Comment

• Does anyone know what are the main issues they psycologically disqualify you for? I am on review for almost three months now over therapy had from post pardum depression, depression on my mothers death and an abusive relationship that all happened around 2004 which at that time took some medication for depression for about four months. The second therapy I went to in 2007 lost my paperwork. They place put it in writing that it was their fault the paperwork is gone. I have passed everything and now I have been waiting on this. I have been evaluated by both my psycologists now and they both wrote letters stating that I am fine and that is nothing wrong with me now and that I donot have any of the symptoms I had in that time nor am I in an abusive relaionship anymore and no medication. What do you thing will happen? I am so upset this is hindering my ability to get this job. Should I get another psycological evaluation from another outside doctor? I have no idea what I can do now.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5821 users online. 189 members and 5632 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X