Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onondaga county / Syracuse - AR Question

Hello All,

I am a law enforcement officer in Colorado, and I finally got the permission of the wife to buy myself an AR-15 Patrol Rifle for work. My Department allows us to carry Colt, Smith, Rock River, and Bushmaster. We are going to be relocating to New York State sometime in the later part of next year, hopefully when (or if) I get picked up by an agency in the Onondaga county area. I was wondering if anyone knows if any departments in the area (the SO, Syracuse, etc) allow their officers to carry their own rifles, and if so, does anyone know any of these policies? My thoughts are that Id like to buy something I could use here, as well as there in the future. I have thought about calling these agencies directly, but thought I might sound a bit like a creep, or a bit like I am getting ahead of myself asking their rifle policies. Its a 1500 - 2000 dollar investment so hopefully you guys understand why I am curious.

Thanks for your time. Semper Fidelis.

Whit

In case anyone was wondering...I spoke with both departments and neither will allow you to carry your own patrol rifle. In fact, Onondaga County doesn't even carry rifles! Yikes!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8765 users online. 329 members and 8436 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
    X