300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City of White Plains Police Officer Announcement

Just a heads up. Sadly I can not apply because of residence requirement.

LAST DATE FOR FILING: THURSDAY, JULY 14, 2011 AT 5:00 PM

RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT: Candidates must have been legal residents, for at least one (1) month immediately preceding the date of the written test and continuously until date of appointment, of any of the following six Counties:

Westchester, Putnam, Nassau, Rockland, Orange, Bronx County

http://www.cityofwhiteplains.com/dat...e_exam_app.pdf
    Last edited by Ross; 06-12-2011, 10:29 PM.

Awesome! Wonder why they don't allow for the other NYC burroughs to file.

Comment

Didn't they lay off a bunch of cops recently? Wouldn't whatever spots are available be open to those guys?

Comment

Nice, Thanks for posting it Ross!

BTW, Do they have a long waiting list such as the NYPD? Please, If anyone know and dont mind sharing, what would be some of the pro and cons between NYPD and White Plains PD?

Thanks in advance.
        Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

Originally posted by qwerty1234 View Post
          Didn't they lay off a bunch of cops recently? Wouldn't whatever spots are available be open to those guys?
          All of those cops work for towns/villages in Westchester now. WPPD is a good job. They do 12 hour tours and therefore make less appearances. Different units and opportunity to move around. Better than NYPD in my opinion due to the better chart and more money. This is exam is scored in a band format. (100-95-90-etc). They can pick and choose who they want through an interview as long as you are in that band that they are up to.

Comment

Nassau County but not if your from Queens?... How does that make any sense whatsoever... quite aggravated by this

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
              Just a heads up. Sadly I can apply because of residence requirement.

LAST DATE FOR FILING: THURSDAY, JULY 14, 2011 AT 5:00 PM

RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT: Candidates must have been legal residents, for at least one (1) month immediately preceding the date of the written test and continuously until date of appointment, of any of the following six Counties:

Westchester, Putnam, Nassau, Rockland, Orange, Bronx County

http://www.cityofwhiteplains.com/dat...e_exam_app.pdf

What they don't tell you is that they only hire White Plains residents. I know a few guys that were not White Plains residents, but Elmsford, Greenburgh residents that got dropped from the process because WPPD found out they were not White Plians residents. They are like Yonkers. No City residency, no job!

If you are not a WP resident, then don't bother taking the exam. Even if you score in the high 90's they will take a resident that scored lower over you. I've seen it happen plenty of times. I'm a Yonkers resident and I didn't bother taking the WP test when they gave it a few years ago. It's a lost dream with them if you don't live there.

Good Luck to those that go for it.
              Exam 8322
              List# 5XX
              Medical: Passed
              Written: Passed
              Oral: Passed
              Meet with BI: Done
              JST: Passed
              1st Mini-Med: Passed
              2nd Mini-Med: Passed 11/29/11

Let's go January 2012!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CRS1 View Post
                What they don't tell you is that they only hire White Plains residents. I know a few guys that were not White Plains residents, but Elmsford, Greenburgh residents that got dropped from the process because WPPD found out they were not White Plians residents. They are like Yonkers. No City residency, no job!

If you are not a WP resident, then don't bother taking the exam. Even if you score in the high 90's they will take a resident that scored lower over you. I've seen it happen plenty of times. I'm a Yonkers resident and I didn't bother taking the WP test when they gave it a few years ago. It's a lost dream with them if you don't live there.

Good Luck to those that go for it.
                I personally know 3 people who have never lived in White Plains, let alone Westchester who were hired by WPPD within the last 7 years.

Comment

Originally posted by EnWhyPeeDee View Post
                  I personally know 3 people who have never lived in White Plains, let alone Westchester who were hired by WPPD within the last 7 years.
                  DId they have a hook?

I don't know of anyone that has tried for WPPD that were none residents and got in. They even had buddies in the WPPD and were told that if you have no residency your chances are slim to none. Maybe the people you know lucked out. Who knows.

If you want to go for it then good luck!
                  Exam 8322
                  List# 5XX

Let's go January 2012!!!

Comment

Originally posted by QNZSP View Post
                    Nassau County but not if your from Queens?... How does that make any sense whatsoever... quite aggravated by this
                    Nassau is considered a contiguous county to Westchester and the 5 boros are not.

The banded scoring is done to allow the choosing of candidates who they want. This has historically been done so that under represented groups can be selected even if scores are lower.

Comment

Originally posted by QNZSP View Post
                      Nassau, Queens and the Bronx are "contiguous counties" to Westchester County. The other 4 counties (Boroughs) in NYC do not "touch" Westchester County. (Westchester and Nassau share a water border)

Comment

I'm almost considering moving and renting just to take the test.. times are that desperate for a job

Comment

Originally posted by CRS1 View Post
                          DId they have a hook?

I don't know of anyone that has tried for WPPD that were none residents and got in. They even had buddies in the WPPD and were told that if you have no residency your chances are slim to none. Maybe the people you know lucked out. Who knows.

If you want to go for it then good luck!
                          The WPPD application specifically says that preference is given to White Plains residents. Perhaps the people you know who didn't make it were up against WP residents with similar scores/skills - but of course you won't get the job if you don't even apply!
                          NYPD Exam # 0311 (04/2010): PASS
                          List #: 1XX

APD-5 (02/2012): DONE
                          Medical: (07/2012) PASS
                          Written Psych (08/2012): DONE
                          BI: met (09/2012)
                          Oral Psych (11/2012): DONE
                          JST: ??
                          Mini-Med: ??

White Plains Police Exam (11/2011): PASS

2013 will be my year!

*How to add a signature - Top right> Notifications>Inbox>Edit Signature (left column)*

Comment

Originally posted by Marathoner0311 View Post
                            The WPPD application specifically says that preference is given to White Plains residents. Perhaps the people you know who didn't make it were up against WP residents with similar scores/skills - but of course you won't get the job if you don't even apply!
                            Hey man...go for it than. I was just giving people a heads up. I live next town over from White Plains and wanted to let people know that their chances of getting into WPPD if you don't live in WP are slim to none. You're right, it don't hurt to apply, the chances are you're just donating your application money to White Plains if you're not from there.

Best of Luck!
                            Exam 8322
                            List# 5XX

Let's go January 2012!!!

Comment

Last edited by LIcoastie; 07-01-2011, 10:38 AM.
                              CBPO
                              TO - 05/08 JFK
                              EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4800 users online. 328 members and 4472 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X