300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nypd hiring process question

I took the test about 2 years ago and I wanted to know how and when to try get the process started should I call them or wait for the call.

just wait they will be contacting you soon maybe by the end of the year or early next year.
    NYPD
    Exam# 8316 12/2008

Ready for Hire!!

January 2012 - "Last of the mohicans"...... Just missed the July 2011 class.

Comment

Besides staying in shape and staying out of any trouble, is there anything I can do to make the process go smoother any paperwork I need to have in advance or anything like that

Comment

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/ca...on_forms.shtml

start filling them forms out so when the time comes its ready
        NYPD
        Exam# 8316 12/2008

Ready for Hire!!

January 2012 - "Last of the mohicans"...... Just missed the July 2011 class.

Comment

Thanks for the information

Comment

I would not even fill out any paper work, its a waste of time and ink. some investigators are picky and also you can fill out the information wrong. i went ahead and filled out my paper work before meeting with my investigator and guess what i had to re do them just because she did not want it dated. take it for what its worth.

Comment

think best case scenario

assumin u took the test in may '09 n they hire 1400 in july n hey who knows another 1400 in jan '12 u should be in pretty good shape....i took it in June '10 so if it goes like that i should be in decent shape for july '12(i hope)

Comment

Today I just took exam 1320, and I scored 81.69 on the exam do really have a shot with NYPD. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimestopper View Post
                  Today I just took exam 1320, and I scored 81.69 on the exam do really have a shot with NYPD. Thanks.
                  everyone who passed has a shot.. you just have to be prepared to wait a long time and stay out of trouble.

Comment

Took/passed 1320 last week, could anyone tell me approximately how long until I get some sort of notification in regards to the next step (I.E. medical exam)? And about how long should the hiring process take in it's entirety? Assuming everything goes smoothly!
                    Thanks very much!

Comment

Originally posted by kellyokeeffe View Post
                      Took/passed 1320 last week, could anyone tell me approximately how long until I get some sort of notification in regards to the next step (I.E. medical exam)? And about how long should the hiring process take in it's entirety? Assuming everything goes smoothly!
                      Thanks very much!
                      You took it last week? Your looking at MAYBE 2013 to start the process--about two years from date of taking the examination seems pretty standard.
                      sigpic

Fidelis Ad Mortem

Comment

What is the first thing you get from nypd to start the process and what do you need

Comment

Originally posted by OPD22 View Post
                          You took it last week? Your looking at MAYBE 2013 to start the process--about two years from date of taking the examination seems pretty standard.
                          So I shouldn't expect to be taking the medical exam/written exam/JST along with all of the other steps for at least two years? In other words; I won't be hearing anything from the department (besides my list#) for 2 years? I appreciate the response!!!

Comment

when i took the test i did everything within 1 month...but that was back in 2008

Comment

Originally posted by kellyokeeffe View Post
                              So I shouldn't expect to be taking the medical exam/written exam/JST along with all of the other steps for at least two years? In other words; I won't be hearing anything from the department (besides my list#) for 2 years? I appreciate the response!!!
                              Correct! It goes pretty quick though, just stay in shape and out of trouble. Once you get the call to start the process, it can be banged out in about 4-5 weeks.
                              sigpic

Fidelis Ad Mortem

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3207 users online. 195 members and 3012 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X