300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nypd medical question

I took my exam 0309 in January 2010, I just wanted to know when should I get a letter for medical, I know the way things are going which is SLOW and AGITATING but wasnt it a 6 month wait for score then at a year you get medical. When should I expect mine and how many of you are still waiting for yours with test ahead of mine.

One more question how do I put my test and score under my profile?

I took the test acouple months before you and at that time there were 20,000 to 30,000 ppl before me. The last i heard that few 8050 exam will be starting this july because there other exam to be covered. I would say about a three year wait before recieveing a medical. You don't have to believe me do the math on the first post (Detailed NYPD Exam Information) on the ny forum and you will see. So i quess that we will be going threw the process at the same time. Best of luck.....

Originally posted by wilfredgual View Post
    i took my exam 0309 in january 2010, i just wanted to know when should i get a letter for medical, i know the way things are going which is slow and agitating but wasnt it a 6 month wait for score then at a year you get medical. When should i expect mine and how many of you are still waiting for yours with test ahead of mine.

One more question how do i put my test and score under my profile?

Comment

I did the math and saw the same thing that's what I was worried about because if its a three year wait to just start the process and then when you do start it its probably a year or more wont our exams expire? then we have to start over with our back ups

Comment

I did the math and saw the same thing that's what I was worried about because if its a three year wait to just start the process and then when you do start it its probably a year or more wont our exams expire? then we have to start over with our back ups
        Word of advice. Make sure sure you have a plan B incase NYPD does not work out for you. Don't bounce around from job to job for the next three years thinking that by the 3rd year NYPD is going to come knocking. NYPD has become VERY competative and not everyone is going to make it. This could possibly mean you, me, and the guy next door. Have some thing to fall back on.

I'm starting the process very late in life. When I took the NYPD test back in Jan'09 I was 34. I am now 36 and just started the process. If it doesn't work out for me then I'll be ok, because I already have a career in Network Security (IT).

Don't wait for NYPD, move on with your life and forget about NYPD for now. The more you think about it the longer it's going to seem before you get your letter in the mail.

Good Luck!
        Exam 8322
        List# 5XX
        Medical: Passed
        Written: Passed
        Oral: Passed
        Meet with BI: Done
        JST: Passed
        1st Mini-Med: Passed
        2nd Mini-Med: Passed 11/29/11

Let's go January 2012!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CRS1 View Post
          Word of advice. Make sure sure you have a plan B incase NYPD does not work out for you. Don't bounce around from job to job for the next three years thinking that by the 3rd year NYPD is going to come knocking. NYPD has become VERY competative and not everyone is going to make it. This could possibly mean you, me, and the guy next door. Have some thing to fall back on.

I'm starting the process very late in life. When I took the NYPD test back in Jan'09 I was 34. I am now 36 and just started the process. If it doesn't work out for me then I'll be ok, because I already have a career in Network Security (IT).

Don't wait for NYPD, move on with your life and forget about NYPD for now. The more you think about it the longer it's going to seem before you get your letter in the mail.

Good Luck!
          Yea I started applying to other departments this month, and I also will be graduating with a bachelors next year and I am looking into other jobs such as bricklayers union but as an apprentice. I stayed with my stop and shop job for two years now, and ill stay with them till I start a career.I realize how competitive it became and all i can do is stay out of trouble and don't give them a reason to dq me, but my heart is in law enforcement, but looking at fdny may take the test in September, I just want to help people.

Comment

Originally posted by LEO2010 View Post
            I took the test acouple months before you and at that time there were 20,000 to 30,000 ppl before me. The last i heard that few 8050 exam will be starting this july because there other exam to be covered. I would say about a three year wait before recieveing a medical. You don't have to believe me do the math on the first post (Detailed NYPD Exam Information) on the ny forum and you will see. So i quess that we will be going threw the process at the same time. Best of luck.....

Correcting grammar is really something I have avoided doing simply because most people don't care about correct writing over the internet, and I hate to do it. But this is the third time I've seen you spell threw instead of through and I just have to point it out lol I'm just trying to help you out in case you have any papers to write

Comment

Yea I started applying to other departments this month, and I also will be graduating with a bachelors next year and I am looking into other jobs such as bricklayers union but as an apprentice. I stayed with my stop and shop job for two years now, and ill stay with them till I start a career.I realize how competitive it became and all i can do is stay out of trouble and don't give them a reason to dq me, but my heart is in law enforcement, but looking at fdny may take the test in September, I just want to help people.
              What's your bachelors in? Please don't say criminal justice. Whatever it is (providing it's not usless like CJ or polisci), go for that career NOW. Don't stay at stop and shop making ten dollars an hour because it's a job and maybe law enforcement will work out one day. Go after a real career, with a pension and advancement opportunities. If the NYPD calls a few years down the line, you can always leave, but at least you're not wasting 3 years in a yellow shirt with a name tag.

Comment

On the medical note, How much access do NYPD BI have to medical records? can they go into your personal records at the local doc's office or hospital?
                “I'm glad to hear that the Chief (of Police) is a personal friend of yours. So you know someone who can post your bail.”

Comment

Originally posted by rocknroll View Post
                  On the medical note, How much access do NYPD BI have to medical records? can they go into your personal records at the local doc's office or hospital?
                  yes, i do not see why not. i believe we signed papers that allowed them to do so. some one correct me if i am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by options open View Post
                    What's your bachelors in? Please don't say criminal justice. Whatever it is (providing it's not usless like CJ or polisci), go for that career NOW. Don't stay at stop and shop making ten dollars an hour because it's a job and maybe law enforcement will work out one day. Go after a real career, with a pension and advancement opportunities. If the NYPD calls a few years down the line, you can always leave, but at least you're not wasting 3 years in a yellow shirt with a name tag.

Double major in English and Political Science. I do believe Criminal justice is useless but I think Political Science is more useful. I went into college wanting to be a lawyer, then I said wait why do I want to be a lawyer. The only answer was money, I have talked to lawyers they hate their jobs, and they said they rarely help people. Then I talked to my uncle who is a lieutenant otj and he told me how nypd as well as other departments are so much more than a pension and benefits. And from the next month I took the test. But yes I hate the yellow shirts, and I do see plenty of jobs surprisingly in business that want people with English degrees.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4461 users online. 270 members and 4191 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X