Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD & Tattoos & Holds

Hello All

I have a few tatts that I already revealed to NYPD...they were photographed and I wrote about each one....

I am trying to get more and with this NYPD being a 3 yr soap opera ordeal, I dont want to put these off forever....

I know you could get put on hold at mini meds for a new tattoo that you didnt tell your BI about.....Does anyone know how hard it is to get that SPECIFIC hold cleared....i know some residency, education, pysch holds are pains in asses....I am referring specifically to a hold for a new tattoo

Thanks

You're looking for ways to get yourself off of a hold before you're even on one? Avoid the hold alltogether. Thats what we call cutting out the middle man.

Unless you're entering a gang, the ink can wait. The wait is so long because its highly, and I dont use that term loosely, competitive. Why give the job to one of your competitors over a bit of skin art?
    13O2 Aug '10
    List: <1000

Comment

I second to this. I remember when i took the written exam there was a person that had tat in his neck that said (forgive me mom) i was like wtf. There was two other that had there arms full. I don't have anything against tats but that neck dude got so problems...

Originally posted by sgt. Joe friday View Post
      you're looking for ways to get yourself off of a hold before you're even on one? Avoid the hold alltogether. Thats what we call cutting out the middle man.

Unless you're entering a gang, the ink can wait. The wait is so long because its highly, and i dont use that term loosely, competitive. Why give the job to one of your competitors over a bit of skin art?

Comment

Just cite Deputy Inspector Cory Pegues.....He had a tatoo on his neck that said "thug life" Im not joking. He had it removed. Ask anyone who works in Brooklyn about it

Comment

Any hold is a risk. It requires paperwork, signatures etc.

If you can wait, do so. Once you're on you can get as many tattoos as you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08817
            The wait is long NOT because the NYPD is highly competitive, but because the NYPD doesn't have the budget to expand it's force.

The entry requirements are far below what is required for many more "prestigious" federal agencies, yet highly qualified candidates for those agencies have a better chance of being hired before they are hired by the NYPD.
            Regardless of what you're trying to say, holds are unecessary barriers especially when you can prevent them. Law enforcement is a competitive field dispite agency requirements and hiring stages. No agency will hire as fast as the applicants would like.
            13O2 Aug '10
            List: <1000

Comment

Cops shouldnt have tattoos, unless it was from your military days. What the hell is wrong with kids these days.

Comment

Originally posted by cityirish44 View Post
                Just cite Deputy Inspector Cory Pegues.....He had a tatoo on his neck that said "thug life" Im not joking. He had it removed. Ask anyone who works in Brooklyn about it

jajaj yeah he was the dude that arrested TUPAC back in the 90's jajaj

Comment

Originally posted by NYRangers718
                  Come on guy really? I don't like Boston Creme Donuts therefor cops shouldn't eat them...
                  Haha. I don't see any problems with tattoos, I prefer them covered up on patrol though. Alittle bit more tacky if a cop has full sleeves showing in his class As

Comment

Originally posted by marty33 View Post
                    Cops shouldnt have tattoos, unless it was from your military days. What the hell is wrong with kids these days.
                    I don't think cops should have tattoos showing from under their uniform but unless it's an offensive one or something ridiculous I really don't see a problem. I have five and besides a crucifix on my forearm you can't see any of them. If the person is a good cop who cares if they are all tatted up
                    Exam-8050 List 1**
                    Med- 12/23/09 Pass
                    JST- 12/28/09 pass (2x passed)
                    Written psych- 1/04/10 pass
                    Oral psych- 1/11/10 pass
                    Min Med- 6/02/11
                    Academy-Come on July

got the call...7/3/2011, 6:30pm

Comment

My feeling is that you shouldn't have tattoo's that could be seen while dressed in a suit (IE no hand, wrist, neck or face tattoos) and tattoo's that aren't offensive. (tribals, etc)

Otherwise they should have to be covered up.

Comment

Originally posted by EricDel View Post
                        Alittle bit more tacky if a cop has full sleeves showing in his class As
                        ?? If someone had full sleeves how would you see it if they have their uniform on?

Comment

Originally posted by 250 View Post
                          ?? If someone had full sleeves how would you see it if they have their uniform on?
                          June through September is short sleeves
                          REALLY REALLY REALLY "Patrolling The Toughest Precincts in New York City!" sigpic

Comment

At the Texas State Trooper Academy, anyone with tats on their arms had to wear long sleeves...if you had tats anywhere that couldn't be covered, by policy they wouldn't hire you!
                            But I have no tats
                            Speaking of budget and waits, anyone have any idea if this might change? I talked to a recruiter earlier, who told me that he had heard they might start doing more academies each year, and that it could lower the wait time to get hired from 2.5 years down to 2 years, which is somewhat encouraging.
                            Also, I saw a news article months ago about a new academy being built, with more capacity...anyone have a progress report on this?

Here's a quote from an article about it, from a little ways back:

Once fully completed, the new Police Academy will sit on a 30- acre campus and be able to train approximately 2,000 recruits at any one time. It will feature instruction space for providing immersive, scenario based training for police personnel; support and administration buildings; a field house; indoor shooting ranges; a tactical village; a housing facility for visiting instructors; driver training fields; parking and a utility plant. The facilities will be designed for in-service training of officers, as well as for recruit training.
                            Last edited by vtboyarc; 05-05-2011, 07:52 PM.
                            "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."--Edmund Burke

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the NYPD adopt a policy a few years back requiring all members hired after a certain date have all visible tatoos covered while in uniform? Anyone hired prior was grandfathered in, but new folks had to comply.
                              Why would someone who has yet to be hired want to complicate the issue, hold off on the tats!
                              What do you want more?...the job or the tatoos?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7068 users online. 358 members and 6710 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X