300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suffolk County Police Exam Prep Guide

I've been waiting for this. The County finally released their prep guide for the exam on June 11th.

http://www.suffolkcountyny.gov/uploa...eprepguide.pdf

Thanks LI, I downloaded it yesterday...time to start reading.

Also started a prep course on Tuesday night which seemed extremely helpful so far.

Good luck.

Comment

Strange that I do not see any mention of memorization in the prep guide.

Comment

If you want to study memorization and cognitive ability, take this test:

http://www.nypd2.org/recruit/tutorials/Tutorials.swf

Comment

Originally posted by DeeJayNY View Post
          Strange that I do not see any mention of memorization in the prep guide.
          Thats because there is no memorization on the suffolk police exam

Comment

I've also signed up & paid the $100 for this test , is everyone going to be admitted to take the test that day?

Comment

Last edited by 518upstate; 02-21-2013, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Hey guys, a few weeks back, I opt for the email notifications from the people running this test.

Was wondering if anyone received information on where to report (building address and room#?) to take the test yet?

Thanks.
                10-09 0308 XXX
                Time Flies Quick
                On This Job

Comment

Originally posted by StarShield View Post
                  Hey guys, a few weeks back, I opt for the email notifications from the people running this test.

Was wondering if anyone received information on where to report (building address and room#?) to take the test yet?

Thanks.
                  Check the link in the e-mail they sent you a week before June 11th.

http://www.suffolkcountyny.gov/civil...oomSearch.aspx

Comment

Does anyone have some tips for taking the exam?

Comment

I assume its just like any other police officer entrance exam.

Sleep well and read carefully.

I've received my test site information today as well.
                      10-09 0308 XXX
                      Time Flies Quick
                      On This Job

Comment

I'm trying to figure out if I should dress casually or wear a suit.

Comment

Thanks.
                          I just received my notification today on the location and time. It was via email--you should be receiving yours soon as well.
                          sigpic

Fidelis Ad Mortem

Comment

Originally posted by LINY View Post
                            I'm trying to figure out if I should dress casually or wear a suit.
                            The fact that you're going to be there taking a 4 hour test (give or take), I would just dress comfortable but somewhat professional. Probably no t-shirts that say "New York F*ckin City" (I saw a street food vendor wear that shirt the other day). I can imagine its going to be a warm day and no air conditioning in those little high schools
                            10-09 0308 XXX
                            Time Flies Quick
                            On This Job

Comment

The fact that you're going to be there taking a 4 hour test (give or take), I would just dress comfortable but somewhat professional. Probably no t-shirts that say "New York F*ckin City" (I saw a street food vendor wear that shirt the other day). I can imagine its going to be a warm day and no air conditioning in those little high schools
                              When I say casual, I mean slacks and a button up shirt. According to the exam guide you have 5 hours to take the test. I'm going to use that time to the fullest, but I don't want to be uncomfortable dressed up to the nines. So I'll probably go with the slacks and button up shirt.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3373 users online. 205 members and 3168 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X