Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD schedules

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NYPD schedules

    I know you guys work a 4/2 or 5/2 5/3, but is there any talk of switching over to another kind of schedule? Will it ever happen in our lifetime? lol

  • #2
    The 5/2 5/3 is the normal patrol schedule. If you have steady days off, then it's 5/2 each week and you accumulate chart days. The unions have been trying to get a better schedule but the job has been resisting it. I know there was a pilot program in the Lieutenant's contract for longer tours and less appearances.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks for the reply. I know a lot of departments are shifting to a pitman type schedule, just wondering if NYPD was trying to do the same. When you say the job do you mean the city or the bosses? I don't see why there would be resistance, many city departments have moved away from the standard 8hr shift.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by PoliceProspect View Post
        Thanks for the reply. I know a lot of departments are shifting to a pitman type schedule, just wondering if NYPD was trying to do the same. When you say the job do you mean the city or the bosses? I don't see why there would be resistance, many city departments have moved away from the standard 8hr shift.
        Pitman type schedules for whatever reason never work in large cities. For the most part, every large city works the crappy 5/2,5/3 or some funky version of it. Baltimore PD has one of the worst schedules I have seen in awhile 6 on 2 off / 6 on 3 off. I would hang myself!
        We ride for those who died!

        RIP SgtCHP!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by nasa808 View Post
          Pitman type schedules for whatever reason never work in large cities. For the most part, every large city works the crappy 5/2,5/3 or some funky version of it. Baltimore PD has one of the worst schedules I have seen in awhile 6 on 2 off / 6 on 3 off. I would hang myself!
          BPD has done away with that schedule thank god...
          The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by fabolous084 View Post
            BPD has done away with that schedule thank god...
            Good for them! Did they finally go with the 4/3? I remember when they were testing it out.
            We ride for those who died!

            RIP SgtCHP!

            Comment


            • #7
              im new to this..is 5/3, 5/2 five on 3 off five on 2 off? what exactly does that mean...
              sorry if its an obvious answer..like i said its all new to me.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by fabolous084 View Post
                BPD has done away with that schedule thank god...
                Yea that schedule is an absolute nightmare, good for them!

                Originally posted by N.Y.P.Dprospect View Post
                im new to this..is 5/3, 5/2 five on 3 off five on 2 off? what exactly does that mean...
                sorry if its an obvious answer..like i said its all new to me.
                Working 5 days straight then 2 days off then 5 days straight then 3 days off is 5/2, 5/3... 4/4 etc...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by nasa808 View Post
                  Good for them! Did they finally go with the 4/3? I remember when they were testing it out.
                  They went with a 5/2, 4/2 schedule
                  The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Like previously said you are either in a squad (5/2 5/3) or have two steady days off (same amount of hours, but every two weeks you bank that extra day). It depends on where you go which you'll get. The squad is nice cause every other month you have weekends off, if you have steady days you won't have any weekends. But on the flip side those banked days are real nice because we have so little vacation (10 days a year).

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      whats a pitman schedule?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by beachcop05 View Post
                        whats a pitman schedule?
                        First week: Work Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

                        Second week: Work Wednesday and Thursday

                        Cycle repeats itself. I love it since I have every other weekend off!!
                        We ride for those who died!

                        RIP SgtCHP!

                        Comment

                        MR300x250 Tablet

                        Collapse

                        What's Going On

                        Collapse

                        There are currently 4315 users online. 282 members and 4033 guests.

                        Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                        Welcome Ad

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X