Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can imagine that people are now going to be actively hunting for politicians, rich & famous people to bang out... now that summonses supposedly can't be taken care of once they're handed in.

I also wonder if these summonses will get taken care of:
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/b...FFDmojbw9cnXdN

Comment

So hopefully this ticket scanning process will be incorporated for all other crime reports that an officer takes?
      Last edited by Eric1984; 04-25-2011, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Aww , well maybe he should have legally parked his car before he was "incapable" of moving it. Today is Earth Day maybe ill leave my car in the street today and then write to the Post tomorrow after i get a ticket. (i dont want to use my car its bad for the environment.) My girlfriends car has been towed for a no standing zone a few months ago too, guess what? They tow for that.

Comment

Originally posted by 250 View Post
          Aww , well maybe he should have legally parked his car before he was "incapable" of moving it. Today is Earth Day maybe ill leave my car in the street today and then write to the Post tomorrow after i get a ticket. (i dont want to use my car its bad for the environment.) My girlfriends car has been towed for a no standing zone a few months ago too, guess what? They tow for that.
          LOL I wonder if the judge responded with that.

Comment

400 wowwwwwwwwww

Hello to all. The reason why i post articles like this is to inform people whats going on. This forum is not only for recruitment and its a great why to let people know whats wrong or right when your on the job. It's just like when a applicant informs us what not to do during the academy or even filling out documents. Good luck to all going threw the process.......

Originally posted by options open View Post
            i never understood why leo hopefuls post negative articles about leos. Just one more link to pop up when people go to google this stuff.

Not against you leo2010, or even leo-hopefuls cause a lot of cops do it too. I do my best to hide these articles that make us look bad from people, not advertise them.

Comment

Guys, from the outside looking in, things like this are part of the reason the average civilian might have a less than stellar opinion of LEOs in general. People like fair. And things that appear to be unfair rile folks up. If the issuing officer changes his mind, thats one thing. But is that what we are really talking about? From the description of changing numbers and making paperwork disappear, it sound more like downright dishonesty than discretion. If these guys are willing to falsify/disappear paperwork for this, where do they draw the line?

Comment

You know what's a really good idea? Guys that are waiting to get hired talking about how fixing tickets is ok. Especially after the department they're waiting for is investigating 400 cops for doing it.
                For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

this is not a topic to be discussed on a public forum. its a ongoing investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffIL View Post
                    You know what's a really good idea? Guys that are waiting to get hired talking about how fixing tickets is ok. Especially after the department they're waiting for is investigating 400 cops for doing it.
                    1+

You might as well tell your BI you want to get onto narcotics because you have sticky fingers for cash.

Comment

I didn't say anything about whether taking care of tickets is good or bad idea, I was just wondering what the implications of this investigation are.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCSFINEST View Post
                        this is not a topic to be discussed on a public forum. its a ongoing investigation.

How so? Unless someone is sharing information from inside the investigation, and are just discussing publicly available information, how is that not appropriate? I agree drawing conclusions at this point would be wrong, but simple discussion based on public reports should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffIL View Post
                          good point. they dont know it, but I've already figured out who 2 cops and 1 boss are on here, it's not really that hard to figure out.

Comment

Funny dude....

Originally posted by NYCSFINEST View Post
                            DUDE THIS CAME OUT ON A PUBLIC NEWS PAPER WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????

Cops' bid to scam scanners 04/24/2011

Cops determined to fix tickets found ways around a new computer system designed to thwart their scheming, The Post has learned.
                            Police Internal Affairs investigators caught officers on wiretaps several months ago complaining about electronic summons scanners the NYPD installed last July to stop corruption, according to a source familiar with the widening probe.
                            But the cops also discussed how to beat the scanners, the source said.
                            "Like anything else, people adapt," he said. "They were heard saying how it was harder for them now but not impossible."

This despite Mayor Bloomberg's insistence Friday that the new system solved the department's pervasive ticket-fixing problem.

"The commissioner, I've talked to him a lot, and he's convinced when the cop gets back to Headquarters with the tickets they go right into the computer and after that it would be very hard to manipulate the system," the mayor said on his weekly radio show.

Not so, say senior police sources, who claim the fixing continued long after controls went in.

The new system forces cops to scan their ticket books at their precinct station house before going on patrol, with bar codes providing an electronic history of each summons.

At the end of their shifts, their tickets get scanned again, then deposited into a summons box, where they typically sit for up to 24 hours before being sent to the parking violations bureau or Department of Motor Vehicles.

The scanners have stopped tickets from mysteriously disappearing from the box.

But the new system didn't account for cops going back to the box to alter information on the handwritten tickets.

"The plate is the key," said one police supervisor. "The plate and the registration have to match. If they don't, that's a techni cal dis missal."

The easi est way to invalidate the ticket, he said, is to change a "1" to a "4" on the paper work.

Officers also contin ued to kill moving violations by missing court dates at the DMV or by conveniently forgetting summons details, which forces judges to toss tickets.

The persistent fixing -- mostly a free "courtesy" for cops' family and friends, but involving bribery in some cases -- has frustrated police probers, sources say.

"There's no foolproof system. The fixing was still going on until the point when cops started saying, 'Oh, my God! They are coming after us,' " said the source familiar with the probe.

The investigation started in 2008 when a Bronx cop suspected of selling drugs was heard on a wiretap asking a union rep to take care of a summons. As many as 400 cops could be fired or lose pay or benefits.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/c...p87FCGZzBW6XqI

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4166 users online. 237 members and 3929 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X