• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did you hear that?

Comment

Originally posted by JReidy3695 View Post
      Where did you hear that?
      One of the officers. Apparently the new mayor is looking to down size public safety. In a city like Rochester that is a HUGE mistake. The new budget comes out May30th. I spoke with my Background officer again and he said nothing is set in stone and they need to hire officers. So its really up in the air. I wanted to not take the BPD exam on Sat because im sick of civil service exams but I have to have more back ups with the way this economy is going.....

Comment

I hear that with the exams. I'll also be there on Sat throwing my name into never ending hats.

Comment

Originally posted by JReidy3695 View Post
          I hear that with the exams. I'll also be there on Sat throwing my name into never ending hats.
          Let get ready to RUMBLE.... Ha Good Luck. SOMETHINGS GONNA GIVE

Comment

hello all just took the RPD civil service test this morning, now have to wait 3 months for the test results..... =(

Comment

irish, i took it as well drove 1200 miles for it. hope to hear good news come June 1st on the budget and do some hiring. and hope for a 90 or above keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

yeah that would be nice, im keeping my fingers crossed for a 85 or above. But you are correct depends on the mayors budget. Hopefully something breaks. Tac can i pm you have some questions.

Comment

Irish PM not a problem

Comment

All you need is a 80 or higher. Rpd will even give the 70's a shot. When I took my agility I got to take a peek at the list and it had quite a few 70's on there.

Comment

LLee that may be true for you in June 2010, how ever they have 30 recruits done and waiting for an academy. Due to the budget and the minorities needed, i was told If your white you need to have a 90 or higher to be considered off the April 11 exam. 70's may have did it for the previous two exams where they established many recruits based of them two exams. This April exam is for recruitment but there was not a large turn out and are seeking minorities. But we will see.

Comment

Originally posted by tac78 View Post
                        LLee that may be true for you in June 2010, how ever they have 30 recruits done and waiting for an academy. Due to the budget and the minorities needed, i was told If your white you need to have a 90 or higher to be considered off the April 11 exam. 70's may have did it for the previous two exams where they established many recruits based of them two exams. This April exam is for recruitment but there was not a large turn out and are seeking minorities. But we will see.
                        Oh ok. I dont know what the break down is. I just know I saw 70's. I was very surprised by it myself. I am a Minority female and I am in. Just waiting on the Academy that is scheduled for Aug. I am trying to be positive about it but it does not look good. New Mayor is talking about laying off 21 officers. They are hoping to force most of the 21 into an early retirment so they can still hire without increasing the budget. They have even considered having a smaller academy class like 15 instead of 25+. Im friends with a retired officer and a few still on the job and these are just things being thrown around the department. Wont know for sure until May 20th though.....

Comment

I took this exam in April....This state exam was much different than NYC law enforcement exams. This exam was more procedure oriented, oppose to the NYC exams that are more critical thinking oriented(my assessment might be way off here)...which makes u question things that ur usually sure of. I can't deny there were about 3-4 questions that had me really pondering. All and All, a good exam...a lot of young people, that was good to see.

Comment

proposed budget came out this morning not looking to hot

Comment

Originally posted by tac78 View Post
                              proposed budget came out this morning not looking to hot
                              keep ur fingers crossed...

Comment

For your reading "displeasure"....

Originally posted by City of Rochester Mayor
                                The Police Department will be decreased by 51 officers, including the 36 over-hire positions. Considering the current vacancies, this could result in 26 layoffs. The sworn police force will be 726, which is equal to 2006-07, and is higher than any year prior to that. The Fire Department’s uniformed force will be decreased by 28 positions, for a total of 476. This could result in 12 layoffs. The combination of the wage settlement and retirement incentive is expected to substantially reduce, if not eliminate, the need for layoffs in these Departments by mid-October, when they would become effective.

Allow me now to step through the highlights of the budget proposal by priority area. These are savings and investments.

Under public safety:

• We will save $3.7 million dollars from the elimination of 51 police officer positions.
                                • We will install 30 new surveillance cameras and the total number of cameras in the city will grow to at least 150 by July of 2012.
                                • There will be 28 positions eliminated in the fire department, including firefighters, battalion chiefs, and a deputy fire chief, saving $1.9 million dollars.
                                • We are in the final phase of the fire department’s restructuring.
                                • Two quint and midi stations will be converted to engine companies. In addition, a new staffed truck will be added at the Hudson Avenue fire station.
                                Full transcript of his address here: http://www.cityofrochester.gov/budgetaddress2011/
                                Last edited by KiloLima; 05-25-2011, 07:16 AM. Reason: add citation
                                The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
                                Albert Einstein

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4899 users online. 315 members and 4584 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X