300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rochester 3/30/11 exam

Looking for information on the Rochester NY police exam. I see we have some people going through the process right now. Im taking the 4/30/2011 exam here in few weeks. Looking to see if any one has a "ballpark' on when they plan on conducting an academy based off this April 30th exam. Im from western new york, have been an officer in Florida for several years now and am ready to come back home.looking for a time frame on the hiring process nowadays. It be nice to keep this thread going, with updates.
    Last edited by tac78; 04-13-2011, 07:23 PM.

Wow, i was excited to see this post. I took the exam in May or June of 2010. They had a bit of a hold up due to a bunch of factors. But they seem to be on the move now. Ive done a lot of testing in the past 2 weeks. So like I said it seems like they are trying to get things moving now. I know they are combining the test I took with november and the one after that. I dont know if they are going to throw the April one in there too. They are trying to get more minorities into this next academy. I have heard through the grape vine that they are trying to get an academy going by Aug/Sep the latest. Their process on average usually takes about 9months from the date you recieve your test scores.... Hope this helped you a bit

Comment

Well i am hoping for the best,and hope the process is somewhat speedy i can do 9 months from test date to academy i hope thats the case. its been a while sense taking civil service exam, what did you score on the exam?

Comment

Originally posted by tac78 View Post
        Looking for information on the Rochester NY police exam. I see we have some people going through the process right now. Im taking the 3/30/2011 exam here in few weeks. Looking to see if any one has a "ballpark' on when they plan on conducting an academy based off this April 30th exam. Im from western new york, have been an officer in Florida for several years now and am ready to come back home.looking for a time frame on the hiring process nowadays. It be nice to keep this thread going, with updates.
        When I talked to HR they said expect your results from the 4/30/2011 exam toward the end of summer (August, 3-4 months) and to expect the PT in early fall. I was also told if all goes well, applicants off that list would start academy in the new year. I was going to take it but received the good news they would accept my Erie County results from Nov. 2010, so I am saved the agony of driving down there for a Saturday morning.

Good luck and update on how you do/what you think of it!!!
        The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Any word on if rochester is going to have a summer/fall academy? Also has anyone gotten called for the poly yet off the november 2010 test?

Comment

I got a 85. And yes I heard there is an academy starting around Aug/Sep. I dont think the April testers will be in that academy. I took my test in June 2010 and scored an 85. I know they are combining tests. They want a large Minority turnout for this next academy. I just have poly left... I have not heard from RPD telling me a date just yet....

Comment

Originally posted by JReidy3695 View Post
              Any word on if rochester is going to have a summer/fall academy? Also has anyone gotten called for the poly yet off the november 2010 test?
              Is that what you are waiting on as well?

Comment

alright guys, what do you have to score on the exam to get to PAT. and what did you think of the exam, like i said been a while sense i took civil service exam

Comment

I just got a call from my background officer. He said they are pushing for a Aug academy but rochester just got a new mayor so he said its all up to the mayor.... He said if not Aug then beginning of next year. He said then they would possibly include april testers into that academy depending on the numbers...

Comment

I spoke to recruiter who advised me April exam will have academy 2/12. Its always something lol. just cant wait to get the ball rolling.

Comment

I know the feeling Tac... Like I said I took mine in June of 2010. Its been a looooong wait but in the end im sure it will be worth it....

Comment

yeah it will be worth it LLee. im not looking forward to going to another police academy, but compared to my salary Rochester pays very good, and considering the size of the agency alot of opportunity to pick up rank or go to a specialty unit, just keep me updated and ill do the same.

Comment

I'm also just waiting on the poly. I took the november 2010 exam and scored a 95. I did the PT, med, written psych, and oral psych all within the last month. I'm just waiting for them to start my background and do the poly. I'm hoping for an academy this year when the weather is a little nicer. how long after the psych were you called to start the background?

Comment

I actually did my medical and psy stuff within the past 2weeks. My background officer called me a few days ago for the first time..

Comment

Just heard that rochester is looking to lay officers and Fire Dept workers off.... Hope its not true but its not looking good

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2647 users online. 141 members and 2506 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X