Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muttontown forming their own police force in June.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muttontown forming their own police force in June.

I'm not sure if their hiring, but i know the Old Brookville police was kicked out of Muttontown.
    Muttontown will be forming their own police force in June.

How is that going to work in terms of testing? Are they going to have there own test or are those candates selected from previous NCPD exams? What a gig though.
    Impact Queens South

Right place, Right time or Wrong place, Wrong time

Comment

I think they are just transferring 12 officers from the existing Old Brookville PD, I could be wrong though.

Comment

I just called up the town of Muttontown. 516 364 3476
        The woman told me their looking for current police officers.
        So if your an officer for the Old Brookville police, they'll do an interview with you.
        But here's the good news, if your a city cop, their also doing interviews with them.
        If i'm a city cop, i'm calling up the town of Muttowntown as fast as possible.
        The pay is alot higher then city cops.

Comment

I should also say, I work in the town of Muttontown, thats how i found out they were getting rid of the Old Brookville police.
          All i can tell you is, being a cop there is the easiest job in history.
          Cops from the Old Brookville police told me, all they do is break up husband wife disputes and minor stuff like that.

Comment

I spend time in Muttontown Brookville myself ...it is all alarm responses and domestic b.s. . But those residents can be a handful..entitlement issues up the whazoo
            Impact Queens South

Right place, Right time or Wrong place, Wrong time

Comment

Originally posted by Strength&Honor View Post
              I spend time in Muttontown Brookville myself ...it is all alarm responses and domestic b.s. . But those residents can be a handful..entitlement issues up the whazoo
              I'll bet it would be a very "service oriented" department. Calls could include, "Complainant advises that he wants an officer to bring his newspaper to his door."
              I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

GoldBadge, hahah that is funny.
                But its so true what you said.

Comment

HOW DO I SIGN UP!

WOW! I will be bored to death but be paid to the sky!

I gotta call for an interview!

Now, I gotta go google this place!

I am sure they do not want aggressive cops and they do not want lazy ones. I think I will fit right it in!

PS: I know the name is reallllly stupid sounding, but its all about the $$$$$$$$$.
                  Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

How will they take NYC cops? NYC cops can't lateral transfer into jobs like this. A NYC cop would have to come off of either a Muttontown list or a Nassau list. The only way you can do a lateral transfer is if you currently work for a Police Department that hires off of the NYS MPTC PO/Deputy Sheriff exam with the exception of SUNY Police.

Comment

EnWhyPeeDee, Muttontown is doing interviews for the cop jobs. You dont have to go through any academy to get the Muttontown police job.
                      Thats why if i'm a city cop I'm setting up an interview as soon as possible.
                      If you work for Muttontown or Old brookville police, you make over 100,000 dollars basically breaking up disputes.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
                        HOW DO I SIGN UP!

WOW! I will be bored to death but be paid to the sky!

I gotta call for an interview!

Now, I gotta go google this place!

I am sure they do not want aggressive cops and they do not want lazy ones. I think I will fit right it in!

PS: I know the name is reallllly stupid sounding, but its all about the $$$$$$$$$.
                        If one can deal moving from working an "A House" to cleaning a guest house.
                        I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Originally posted by Frias99 View Post
                          EnWhyPeeDee, Muttontown is doing interviews for the cop jobs. You dont have to go through any academy to get the Muttontown police job.
                          Thats why if i'm a city cop I'm setting up an interview as soon as possible.
                          If you work for Muttontown or Old brookville police, you make over 100,000 dollars basically breaking up disputes.
                          Then how is this job civil service? What protections are you afforded? If they disband the police department then what? You can't be put on a preferred hiring list to get rehired by the first department in the area hiring because you never came off of a civil service list.

Comment

They may be setting up interviews, but when they try to hire a city cop civil service will say no good, and I pray that officer didn't resign from the NYPD already.

EnWhy is right, NYPD is one of the only departments that you can't laterally transfer to another police officer position. You have to be hired off of an exam, and then apply for for a waiver from NYS to not redo the academy.

I too would be worried about the department folding in a few years. All it takes is a town board vote.

Comment

options open, their is no way in history this Muttontown police will fold.
                              Muttontown is one of the richest areas in Long Island. The houses are worth millions there.
                              The main job of the police will probably to patrol the area and make sure their are no break in's in the houses.
                              Last edited by Frias99; 04-12-2011, 11:06 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5766 users online. 337 members and 5429 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X