Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nypd 2011 academy thread..no rumors just facts...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nypd 2011 academy thread..no rumors just facts...

RULES:
    This is a clean slate forum I started...old guys/gals are welcome and new guys/gals are welcome,cadets and officers...I hope that all content in this forum can be on a mature level....Ideas should be welcome and debatable....

If you disagree with a comment, state your reason why and think about what you write before writing it...no bashing, no fights..just debates

Discussing news articles concerning any influence of any 2011 Academy is welcome for debate and conversation.

Refrain from using cuss words toward each other...even though it gets edited out...the thought is still there!

Please no pictorial which bashes another member, or turn this thread into a myspace page,...but pictures are welcome as signs of relief or information.

Any information is resourceful, just don't make it up, and state if it is only heresay so we can speculate for ourselves if we choose to believe

and we can practice our grammar on this thread while we are at it (including myself)

if your in the process, please include exam number in your signature, thank you

good luck to everyone wanting to join the NYPD.....hopefully there will be a class this year
    Last edited by finenance; 04-10-2011, 09:28 PM.
    ON THE JOB

Okay all we know so far is that the April class is postpone with the possibility to be canceled, we heard dates which included tomorrow the 11th,( which will not happen because of no calls), April 18th we heard from a cadet, but is not 100%, and also heard something to the note of the 30th( a little far fetched).......We also heard the possibility of a large July class.
    ON THE JOB

Comment

Thanx for the link. I highly doubt the 11th being that today is the 10th. I could see next week the 18th as a possibility. I need fresh info on this April class hope we get something this week.
      The waiting was only the easy part. Now the challenge begins.

Comment

Originally posted by patience1 View Post
        Thanx for the link. I highly doubt the 11th being that today is the 10th. I could see next week the 18th as a possibility. I need fresh info on this April class hope we get something this week.
        exactly my point, the 11th was on the latest revised budget plan for NYPD...it also stated a class size of 495, that is where that date came from.
        ON THE JOB

Comment

Fact - The recruitment process is up to exam 8000.
          Question - What happened with exams 8050 and 8051 that caused such large turnouts. Was that around the time the top pay of 90k announced
          NYPD Exam 1309 / XX of 1629 Eligible
          APD 5 - Done
          Medical -
          Written Psych -
          JST -
          Oral Psych -
          Background Check -
          Mini Med -

NYPD Exam 2311(Back Up)
          List # XXX of 2642 Eligible

FDNY Exam 2000

Comment

Originally posted by Rush1309 View Post
            Fact - The recruitment process is up to exam 8000.
            Question - What happened with exams 8050 and 8051 that caused such large turnouts. Was that around the time the top pay of 90k announced
            That would be a good perception, and if you want to throw the word recession in there...I would like to assume after 9/11 people with college degree's could not find work and taking those exams was just an option....Did they want to be cops or needed some type of employment....Hopefully this economy would improve which will cut the eligible from those exams down....giving someone with an exam like yours,1309, into the mix
            ON THE JOB

Comment

Originally posted by patience1 View Post
              Amen brother, Imagine how great a phone call this week would be after what we have been through. The 18th seems like the last chance.

Tomorrow is Monday, usually fresh rumors surface. I don't know about you but I would much rather hear that its canceled than to hear its postponed every week till July.

Comment

Thanks for the link,

The bottom line is there is one fact and one fact only....We are "postponed until further notice".

Stay positive and look forward to July. Because in my OPINION. There will be no class until atleast then. Logically a nice sized (800-1000) recruit July class makes sense.

We hopefully get at least a sliver of information this week.
                Impact Queens South

Right place, Right time or Wrong place, Wrong time

Comment

I would prefer knowing it's cancelled too. I hate the uncertainty of it all right now. I just want my mind at ease with the class.

Comment

on the brighter side, the Dirty-Bomb exercise is done....I know that was NYPD main concentration this week:

NYPD-led 'dirty bomb' exercise comes to an end
                    Updated 12:08 a.m., Sunday, April 10, 2011

NEW YORK (AP) — The five-day New York City police-led "dirty bomb" training drill has come to an end.

More than 100 police and other first responder agencies in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut participated in Saturday's exercises.

During the operations on land and rail, more than 100 radiological "sources" were intercepted in and around New York City.

The drill was aimed at assessing agencies' preparedness for detecting and intercepting radiological devices before they can wreak havoc on Wall Street and other high-profile targets in Manhattan, the heart of the nation's largest city.

The New York City Police say that all efforts to bring radiological devices into the city from the surrounding region were thwarted during the drill.

Read more: http://www.timesunion.com/news/artic...#ixzz1JAE6imTx
                    Last edited by finenance; 04-10-2011, 06:00 PM.
                    ON THE JOB

Comment

i would like academy to have started on the 4th or the 6 last week, because tomorrow the 11th is the last day to drop courses at my school with a grade of W if i drop them after tomorrow we get F's. assuming the class starts on the 18th and i get the call i have to drop my courses cause you can't go to school and be at the academy at the same time i dont know what i would do to avoid getting F's at this point i want the academy to start july that way i can avoid this.
                      NYPD

sigpic."why you be harassing me and ****"

Comment

i sure do miss Third Watch but Southland just got cleared for another season so i guess i can still watch some tv to pass time :-)
                        NYPD Exam 1309 / XX of 1629 Eligible
                        APD 5 - Done
                        Medical -
                        Written Psych -
                        JST -
                        Oral Psych -
                        Background Check -
                        Mini Med -

NYPD Exam 2311(Back Up)
                        List # XXX of 2642 Eligible

FDNY Exam 2000

Comment

FACT= Alot of attention is being drawn to the vulnerablity of our transportation systems and to our susceptability to another attack as a whole. This type of media attention , needs to be remedied in the eye of the public. The public doesn't care if it's MTAPD, PAPD, NYPD. They just want to see a presense out there. They want the ability to be ignorant and oblivious to crime and harm as a whole. In order for public to do that , the chiefs need more indians. something will turn around for us all. And it'll happen sooner then later.
                          Impact Queens South

Right place, Right time or Wrong place, Wrong time

Comment

Originally posted by Strength&Honor View Post
                            FACT= Alot of attention is being drawn to the vulnerablity of our transportation systems and to our susceptability to another attack as a whole. This type of media attention , needs to be remedied in the eye of the public. The public doesn't care if it's MTAPD, PAPD, NYPD. They just want to see a presense out there. They want the ability to be ignorant and oblivious to crime and harm as a whole. In order for public to do that , the chiefs need more indians. something will turn around for us all. And it'll happen sooner then later.
                            Fact= We need answers or some type indication if postpone means canceled for April......I, finenance, will call both Vallones and Recchia District or Legislative Office phone numbers tomorrow and see if they have any insight...Maybe I'll get a hold of them or a representative that will tell me something resourceful...Ill post tomorrow my attempted outcome.....the clock has not finished ticking for April before we start discussing plans for July.
                            ON THE JOB

Comment

Good luck tomorrow fineance with those calls. Hopefully u comeback with good news

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6719 users online. 351 members and 6368 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X