Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD ride along ......help requested

Hello ,
    I am visiting my son who is working in NYC on 26 April 2011 for 2 weeks and want to take advantage of the NYPD ride along scheme .
    I am a Magistrate (Justice of the Peace ) here in England and believe that it would be interesting to see the NYPD going about their law enforcement duties .
    Could anyone please advise me on the following :
    The best precincts to experience a good range of activities.
    Whether it is better to go personally to a Precinct Station when I am in NYC or apply from England ? If so who should I ask for ?
    Thank you in anticipation of your help .
    Regards ,
    Michael

if you ride along in a manhattan south precinct you will be very bored and have very little knowledge of how nypd cops do their jobs.

brooklyn, manhattan north, and some of queens.

perhaps the 75pct, 73pct, 60pct, 63pct, 67pct, 70pct, 77pct, 90pct, 28pct, 32pct, 34pct, 101pct, 103pct, 110pct, 115pct, 114pct.

Brooklyn is the first 8, manhattan north is the next 3, queens is the following 5.

I believe you will get the best idea of what we go through on a daily basis if you go any of those precincts.

you can get contact numbers and information from the NYPD website; www.nyc.gov/nypd
    Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Dont forget about the bronx...the 46pct and 47 pct would be a great experience!! I had a lot of fun when i went on a ride along out there!!

Comment

Thank you archercapt 32 and NYCTNT very much for the swift responses.
        Am I right in assuming that I can just go in person into one of the Precinct Stations that have been recommended with some form of ID to arrange a ride along giving a few days notice ?
        Regards ,
        Michael

Comment

I only seen (1) application in my career!

I wouldnt even know where to find them. Try calling select precincts for more information.

And yes, I would definantly try the bronx, 40, 42, 44, 45.

Comment

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/co...programs.shtml

I'm guessing if you do go for it, you'll be in a sector that doesn't take any calls for the duration that you're in it.

Comment

i called last yr to do one and they told me the program was suspended hopefully they are allowing it again

Comment

if you want to do it. you have to call up the pct you are interested in and ask to speak to the community affairs officer. if you do that and you tell them you are a leo from england it might help you. however id advise to do it while you are in england because they will have to do a background check

Comment

I know of a great way to get a ride along, free background check on the spot if you're interested.

Comment

Ill take 200 for the day! I will ride you throught the ghettos all day!

Comment

I was going to post the link for the form download - already posted by LINY
                      Last edited by Sled; 04-11-2011, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the advice . I guess leo stands for law enforcement officer not my birth sign ! Actually , I am a magistrate , not sure you have the exact equivalent in the States , the closest equivalent would be a Judge in your lower courts .
                        Regards ,
                        Michael

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
                          I only seen (1) application in my career!

I wouldnt even know where to find them. Try calling select precincts for more information.

And yes, I would definantly try the bronx, 40, 42, 44, 45.
                          Why a ride-along in the 45? He won't see anything...place is dead. Did you mean the 46?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3807 users online. 214 members and 3593 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X