300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD Process of becoming an officer question

Hi, I took the NYPD test back in March of 2010 and got my score in September 2010. I am new to this and I am not sure where to go from their. After you passed the written exam do I call up and set a time/day to start my hiring process of becoming a police officer or do I have to wait? When do I start the medical stuff, physlogical, JST etc..? I am really confused at this point and don't know where to begin. If anyone has any insight please let me know. Thank you

you wait, they will call you, its definately going to be a long wait. Expect around 3yrs for everything
    NYPD Exam 6093(expired ) 1302 List 1xxx
    Apd5- submitted 2/2012
    Medical- DONE
    Psych Written- DONE
    Psych Oral- DONE
    Background- In process
    JST- not yet

Fdny 2000- score 104 list 3xx

Comment

Thanks for the info Groki21. How long does the Test last for? I heard it's a year. I didn't know the waiting period was this long. I should be going back to school or get a job till then.

Comment

You're going to be waiting so long that by the time they do eventually call you, you won't even remember having taken the test. Good luck. 3 years from the test date is the average now. The test is good for up to 4 years.

Comment

the exam is good for 4 years, your physical good for a year as well as jst.

sometimes they make you do things over within a year, most of the time not.
          Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Take a back up test with the way things are going.
            NYPD
            on the job

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2896 users online. 168 members and 2728 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X