Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who works the Yankees games?

any of you guys???

Im watching the game and I saw they all have detective badges!!!?!? Why would a detective work the Yankees game?

For the same reason an officer would.
    We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

I thought detectives do investigative work. I firgured a patrolmen or Sgt./Lt./Cpt. would get to work the game because ****...who would want to work a baseball game?

Comment

Most Yankee games are covered by two groups of cops that will work the games.

The first group is the steady Yankee Stadium detail. These cops are assigned to the Stadium for the entire season, and usually work the exterior and traffic post. They work every game. This group is made up of a Captain, Lt's, Sgt's and P.O.'s. In the off-season these cops work patrol in various Bronx Precincts.

The second group is the paid detail. This is a group of off-duty cops who volunteer to work, they are paid by the Yankee organization. The usually work inside the stadium.(they get stuck with the drunks and j*ck#zzes). They can be Sgt's, Detectives or PO's. (They work in uniform)

There are times when a third group works a game. These are games that attract larger crowds or more rowdy crowds. These may be play-off games or World Series games, or they could be Red Sox or Met games. In these games, additional personnel are taken from various commands through out the City to supplement the assigments. They can be off-duty cops on overtime, or cops detailed for the day. They can be of any rank and the Department will sometimes send detectives to this detail and have them work in uniform.
        Last edited by Sled; 04-07-2011, 06:47 PM.

Comment

i bet getting that detail is a son of a bitch?

Comment

Originally posted by Sled View Post
            The second group is the paid detail. This is a group of off-duty cops who volunteer to work, they are paid by the Yankee organization. The usually work inside the stadium.(they get stuck with the drunks and j*ck#zzes). They can be Sgt's, Detectives or PO's. (They work in uniform)

That's how the KC Royals do it. They get with KCPD/Jackson County Sheriffs Dept and tell them they need X number of Officers/Deputies per game.....

Anyone that is interested signs up with their respective Off-Duty Employment Section.....and they make the schedule and assign supervisors....

KCPD does interior and Jackson County (for the most part) does traffic control. Once game starts, Deputies come in for a few innings and walk around/eat.....then go back out when the game is over and directs folks out of the staduim....

Off-Duty Rate is 40.00 an hour.....

Comment

I've worked the paid detail at Yankee stadium once...but I prefer the Citi Field paid detail since I'm a Mets fan. What more could I ask for...getting paid to watch my favorite team play.

The off duty rate for PO's is $37 an hour.
              REALLY REALLY REALLY "Patrolling The Toughest Precincts in New York City!" sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingofqueens718 View Post
                I've worked the paid detail at Yankee stadium once...but I prefer the Citi Field paid detail since I'm a Mets fan. What more could I ask for...getting paid to watch my favorite team play.

The off duty rate for PO's is $37 an hour.
                but you will also see your favorite team lose almost every home game lol.
                NYPD Exam was # 8050 THE LAST OF AVENGERS

former nypd cadet many moons ago

Been OTJ

Comment

how many officers are typically on duty at the games. I've been to one yankee game at the old stadium and it seemed like there were 2 for every section.
                  He once brought a knife to a gun fight, just to even the odds.

He once ran a marathon backwards, just to see what second place looked like.

Comment

I have a quick question. I am a Fed coming up to NY for vacation in a few weeks. Are credentialed LEOs allowed to carry in Yankee Stadium? I know Jerry Jones doesn't allow it in the death star; so, I am just curious as to the policy with the Yankee's organization.

Comment

Go to the Press entrance and show them your Id. You shouldn't have a problem.
                      “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

The real question should be, how do you get to be the officer who sits in the Yankees dugout? lol
                        NYPD 8132
                        4Q!!
                        July 2012: Praying to God every night

Comment

Originally posted by bronxbombers27 View Post
                          The real question should be, how do you get to be the officer who sits in the Yankees dugout? lol
                          With T on the J
                          MTS, 013

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4633 users online. 218 members and 4415 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X