Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A few question about becoming NYS Trooper.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few question about becoming NYS Trooper.

1.) I know you either need an associates or bachelors degree in order to become a NYS Trooper. Is it possible to receive an associates degree on and will an online degree be accepted?

2.) Upon reading the NYS Trooper website I seen that there is a possibility of getting 30 credits waived for certain things. One of things listed were the completion of Certified Police Officer Training Course. Is this course only for police officers or can it be for someone wanting to enter the law enforcement field?

3.) How flexible are the hours of a NYS Trooper? I don't want to say "unfortunately" because I love taking care nephew (have custody). He has a disability and at times has tons of appointments which usually books me for during the day time. I would be more available during for night-shift, would this be a problem?

4.) Does anyone have any advice and/tips for becoming a NYS Trooper?

-Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Pretty sure they assign you the shift duty and youll just have to deal with it... but I'll leave the answer to a more knowledgeable person.
    NYPD
    Exam Taken 10/31/09
    Exam: #0308 Score:91.XXX%
    List Number: 5xx

PPB
    Exam: Passed
    PAT: Passed
    Oral Board: Passed
    Background Investigation: Ongoing

Massachusetts Civil Service
    Exam: 4/30 Awaiting Results

NPD CSO Summer 2011.

Comment

1. You need 60 college credits, not necessarily an associate's. It can be from an online school as long as it's accredited, as far as I know. Thirty credits can be waived if you have at least 2 years active duty military service with an honorable discharge.
      2. The course is question is when people pay to put themselves through a police academy, (Pre-employment) and then apply to departments either during the academy or after. But if you're going that route, you might as well apply to a local or county department.
      3. They will put you where they need you. Their tours are 6am to 6pm and 6pm to 6am. I suppose you could always apply for a hardship, but don't expect any special treatment.
      4. Be patient, me and virtually every other cop I know applied to be Troopers as some point. I had a friend who told me that he wanted Troopers or nothing, and I told him to be flexible. Local/county/federal departments are just as good if not better, depending on what you want to do.

Comment

There test is about every 4 years
        sigpic

Fist Pumping Like Champs
        GYM TAN LAUNDRY GTL
        Greased Up Italian Dancing Out-of-control

GUIDO

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3330 users online. 220 members and 3110 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X