300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about NYS Corrections

I'm one of the individuals who took the most recent exam (Nov. 2010 I think?) for NYS Corrections Officer Trainee...

Although I didn't read it first hand, I've been told the latest NYS budget intends to hold off academies for a while (2 yrs-ish?), during which currently employed CO's are displaced and prison beds are consolidated.

My question is, does this mean that only those with an exceptional score on this last exam should expect a call once another academy is setup? The thought process I'm under is that since most exams last about 3-4 years, this most recent exam will be near expiration by the time they start making calls, and thus only the very top scores will get called from this exam. Normally the score I received I'd be content with but under these circumstances, I'm not so sure.

Any info is appreciated.

When your list is reached for processing, NYS DOCS will still process the entire list in order from highest list number to lowest list number based on the number of CO vacancies at the time. You don't have to worry about them only canvassing people with a score higher than 90, then moving on to the next list or anything like that. It will be a long time before you hear anything though. It is true that NYS DOCS plans on closing and consolidating more prisons and not hiring any new COs for about two years. I scored a 90 on the April, 2009 exam and was canvassed in October of 2010. I responded to the canvass letter saying I was ready to begin processing, and I have not heard anything from the NYS DOCS since.

Comment

Originally posted by NFA5426 View Post
      When your list is reached for processing, NYS DOCS will still process the entire list in order from highest list number to lowest list number based on the number of CO vacancies at the time. You don't have to worry about them only canvassing people with a score higher than 90, then moving on to the next list or anything like that. It will be a long time before you hear anything though. It is true that NYS DOCS plans on closing and consolidating more prisons and not hiring any new COs for about two years. I scored a 90 on the April, 2009 exam and was canvassed in October of 2010. I responded to the canvass letter saying I was ready to begin processing, and I have not heard anything from the NYS DOCS since.
      thats disappointing to hear. I took the Nov 2010 test and got a 90 also and was 2xx on the list. Looks like i've got about 3-4 years to wait then if you havent done anything yet.
      NYPD Exam 6093(expired ) 1302 List 1xxx
      Apd5- submitted 2/2012
      Medical- DONE
      Psych Written- DONE
      Psych Oral- DONE
      Background- In process
      JST- not yet

Fdny 2000- score 104 list 3xx

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5087 users online. 291 members and 4796 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X