Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Vet Needs help with NYPD Process

Hello,

Here's the deal I am not on a review or hold, was on a hold last April. Every time I call up I am told I am 3q and I just need my updated case review sheet handed in. I call my investigator and I am told I am good, I call her Sgt and am Told she will call me back and she never does. Does anyone know what I can do, or someone that I can call that may be able to help me. I have no criminal record and served the country honorably, I need to get this fixed before my exam expires on me

This happens to tons of people, not really much you can do. Unfortunately they make it impossible for it to be a good idea to make this your plan A, now your finding out why.

Good luck.

Comment

I need to talk to someone after the SGT'S level's I want answers to why I am not on the force yet!

Comment

Originally posted by kevman718 View Post
        I need to talk to someone after the SGT'S level's I want answers to why I am not on the force yet!
        That isn't going to happen. No one you talk to is ever going to tell you "why." Whether it's "why" you were hired or "why" you were denied. It just doesn't happen. Nothing in this process is guaranteed until you are raising your right hand and taking the oath. Until then you're just left wondering what the hell is going on. The process is what it is and nothing will change that. One thing I can guarantee though is that a Lieutenant will not entertain your questions, that's what the PO's and SGT's are for. And you're lucky to be able to talk to the SGT at that.

Comment

wow...... do you feel like you are entitled to this?

Comment

Originally posted by beachcop05 View Post
            wow...... do you feel like you are entitled to this?
            Well I took a test like everyone else, scored well got a good list number and am getting skipped over by people who took the test after me, and I have no criminal record and served this great country, I think I should be given the right to talk to someone as to "why?"......

Comment

Well I took a test like everyone else, scored well got a good list number and am getting skipped over by people who took the test after me, and I have no criminal record and served this great country, I think I should be given the right to talk to someone as to "why?"......
              I had to wait years until I was finally hired by a department, years of taking tests, interviewing, etc.... There is no rhyme or reason to the way departments conduct their hiring, unfortunately. Just have patience, and it will happen for you eventually.

Comment

I think I should be given the right to talk to someone as to "why?"......
                Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. And it won't change if you get hired either.

Comment

Relax dude. You're nothing special. This stuff takes time.
                  For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

Originally posted by jeffIL View Post
                    Relax dude. You're nothing special. This stuff takes time.
                    Don't think im anyone special, just no reason for me to be missing classes when I have done nothing wrong

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6135 users online. 318 members and 5817 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X