300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30+ pursuing a LEO career in NY

I'm standing on my last leg... I turned 31 last month and I'm still looking to get into law enforcement in NY and I have a couple shots left but I'm gonna be very adament going forward but given the economic climate that we are in its gonna be even more competitive than before.

As long as you keep taking exams prior to your 35th year, your good to go.
    Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

dont feel bad bro,,,I just turned 35 if I do not get hired off of the tests I took its over for me... but I remain positive...
      list 1xx

Comment

NYS Court Officer has no max age...

Comment

Corrections has no age cap either.
          NYPD "ROOKIE COP"

XBOX ONE GAMERTAG: CYNGOD
          PS4 GAMERTAG: CYNGOD
          sigpic
          Half Man - Half Amazing

Comment

Ever consider moving? I'm here in Florida and there seems to be no age limit for any department I've heard of. I sure hope not, I'm 36 and starting my academy tonight!

Comment

I'm not even going to get started with the max age in NY or my feelings about it. As previously stated keep testing until you hit 35 and you should be fine. I wish you luck!!
              MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

I hope your doing some sort of backup plan... schooling... or advance degree just in case.. you never know??. But honestly NY is not going to turn around anytime soon and be how it use to be where they are hiring tons and tons of officers. Your better off getting out of NY or even CT. Plenty of departs and CT are hiring.

www.policeapp.com

Comment

Originally posted by NorwichCadet View Post
                  I hope your doing some sort of backup plan... schooling... or advance degree just in case.. you never know??. But honestly NY is not going to turn around anytime soon and be how it use to be where they are hiring tons and tons of officers. Your better off getting out of NY or even CT. Plenty of departs and CT are hiring.

www.policeapp.com
                  New York is just in a tight spot financially and I guess I threw my hat in the ring at the wrong time. I actually work for the MTA (not MTAPD) and been on the job for 4 and a half years I make a good living but it’s not LE and I guess if I’m serious enough about becoming a LEO out of state options are definitely going to be considered. I asked my wife last night wouldn she want to move to Connecticut and she said she wouldn't mind and it isn’t like we are moving across country because we both have lots of family in New York. But I guess I better start looking into outer state agencies. Thanks guys for all you help I wish all you guys still waiting to get on somewhere anywhere good luck!

Comment

just take everyones last resort..the NYPD exam

Comment

I'm on 8051 so if all else fail 25 and out here I come!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4805 users online. 287 members and 4518 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X