300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nypd and other departments

I recently became interested in lap and scpd and I am going in may to take the test, i already took nypd test and i am waiting to be processed. My question is, when and if i do begin processing for nypd will they hold it against me that i applied for other departments. i passed every step of the cadet corps process so I know how they will ask certain questions at psychological. Just wondering if they'll ask the question "Why did you apply to different departments? Is nypd not your first choice?", or only if I dq in another process will it become a problem.

Yes they will ask that exact question and in the same way you just did lol. I applied to a few different agencies and during my psych they were hostile about it but I still made it through.

If you are DQ at the other departments that could lengthen your background phase.

Comment

I'd tell them that while their my first choice (lie) that in this economy I can't afford to wait (truth)

Comment

My answer was; I like to keep a lot of eggs in a basket. I like to have back up plans in my back pocket. End of interview. Corny but it worked.
        Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Personally I would use humor in this situation. Tell them PD's are like (your preference in dating). In my case girls so I would say PD's are like girls; all of them are different and I need to find the right one that fits me. You; you NYPD are the girl of my dreams and while I was curious of the others; if you said you were interested in me I would commit to you 100% the same way Romeo did to Juliet. And while the others (NYSP, MTPD, CoSP) all thought they had something with me it was you who stole my breath away upon first meeting. As an aside this also works with girls as well; just remember to substitute names here.

Comment

This was posted a year ago but I got a good laugh from it. In NY, say you applied for Nassau, Suffolk, and the City. The boys in the city know that getting a spot in LI is about as realistic as hitting the lottery. How could they hold it against you for dreaming a little?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3794 users online. 188 members and 3606 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X