300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYC Correction Officers that transferred to the NYPD

Is there anyone on this forum that was a NYC Corrections officer that transferred over to the NYPD as a police officer. Just have a question about switching over.
    Last edited by NCPDhopeful; 03-16-2011, 04:01 PM.

Not me personally, but a friend of mine(family friend) transferred over about 2 years ago after almost 9 years in corrections. He was hitting the age but made it. He was getting paid top pay in the academy. I think he was during the 25k class.
    Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

good question ncpdhopeful. any current nypd guys from 2008 and up made the switch?

I did hear of two cops that were C.O.''s and now are NYPD. they got top pay in jan 08 class.

can anyone help dear old Hondo lol
      NYPD Exam was # 8050 THE LAST OF AVENGERS

former nypd cadet many moons ago

Been OTJ

Comment

Is it in the NYC administrative code somewhere that states years in Corrections department count for salary when entering the NYPD? Is this handled by DCAS when you are hired or the NYPD?

Comment

There are a couple on this board and if im not mistaken I believe it does count up front...
          The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Comment

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...NYCDOc-to-NYPD

Comment

Thank you. It doesnt answer all my questions but its a start. Hopefully i will be able to hear from some of the members of this forum that have went from NYC Corrections to NYC police

Comment

Originally posted by Marxdaman29 View Post
                I went from NYC Correction Officer, to NYPD Police Officer... You have to do everything all over again... Investigation, Academy, Everything!!! The only thing that transfers over is your time and your current salary in NYCDOC... You do not have to drop down to 25,100...
                this is the clarification we need lol. tell me the steps, who do i need to talk to. im not doc but with another nyc agency with full PO status. help hondo and ncpdhopeful out

Been OTJ

Comment

I don't think you start in the same pay grade anymore. I think you keep your time, but you have to start at the begining w/pay.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wpaterno View Post
                    I don't think you start in the same pay grade anymore. I think you keep your time, but you have to start at the begining w/pay.
                    what makes you say that? The latest I heard of someone transferring over from NYDOC to NYPD and keeping their salary was in 2008.

The only rule that i can confirm that changed was in April 2006 in regards to NYPD & Corrections transferring over to FDNY.
                    They used to retain seniority, pay & pension time. After april 2006 it counts only for pension time.

This was purposely done because so many NYPD cops were leaving to become FDNY firefighters. they wanted to stop losing members to fdny and other depts

Comment

There has to be some members on this forum that have made the switch

Comment

I know the time counts up front. Meaning if you have 5 years on corrections and you go to NYPD then you do the remainder of the time to retire

Comment

new york new york city administrative code chapter 2 - 12- 307. scope of collective bargining uniform coalition members do recieve credit for their time and pay.
                          Last edited by hondo85; 03-22-2011, 09:10 AM.

Been OTJ

Comment

what do you mean by union coalition? where did you get your info?

Comment

Originally posted by NCPDhopeful View Post
                              what do you mean by union coalition? where did you get your info?
                              uniform coalition not union. if your doc, sanitation, emt, and a couple others agencies it applies you fall uniformed members of service. thats the code

i got the info from my union president

Been OTJ

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3722 users online. 187 members and 3535 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X