Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think Outside the box of NY?

http://www.ct.gov/post/cwp/view.asp?a=2062&q=291738

I have a bunch of friends in some of those departments. I think it would be a good choice to test up there. Good find. It couldn't hurt.
    Went to Get a Cold Pop

Comment

Originally posted by ShantyIrish View Post
      I have a bunch of friends in some of those departments. I think it would be a good choice to test up there. Good find. It couldn't hurt.
      I agree dont be afraid people to leave NY esp to CT, PA, or NJ. Anywhere in CT is no more then 2 hours at most away with no traffic

Comment

I was just looking at that same website last weekend but I really don't think I could afford to move my family. Some of the postions are specific about residencey requirements other just don't say anything at all all but I guess it won't hurt to try!

Comment

No residency at most ct dept! Just showwwww up!
          Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

i am also taking the Vermont state police exam in a couple of months.

Comment

Thanks for posting that link - I'm starting to look outside of NY as well~!

Comment

People would always tell me that Florida is hiring COPS like crazy, mostly people from New York - I'd love to work down south, especially FL. My question is, why aren't Flordia Residents taking these tests?

Comment

Originally posted by Jnel View Post
                  People would always tell me that Florida is hiring COPS like crazy, mostly people from New York - I'd love to work down south, especially FL. My question is, why aren't Flordia Residents taking these tests?
                  Keep in mind outside of NY esp in Florida they prefer to hire POST certified officers/lateral PO's. A lot of people in the south pay for there academy then apply for any departments. It cost around 8,000 with equipment and I believe it's 16-20 weeks?

Comment

FL right now is not hiring. Id look at places in the south where companies are moving to because of the lower taxes and union issues...
                    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

^^^^^^^

Best Advice and very true + 1000
                      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by NorwichCadet View Post
                        Keep in mind outside of NY esp in Florida they prefer to hire POST certified officers/lateral PO's. A lot of people in the south pay for there academy then apply for any departments. It cost around 8,000 with equipment and I believe it's 16-20 weeks?
                        Wow, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for that info!

Comment

Originally posted by Jnel View Post
                          Wow, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for that info!

yeaaa I had to find that out the hard way!! Every State is different and the hard part is if you pay for your Academy and graduated which you are considered POST certified for that STATE. You have to get a job within 2 years or you lose your POST status and have to recertify

Comment

http://www.policeapp.com/Default.asp
                            this web site will help you out alot for CT departments
                            NYPD
                            on the job

Comment

Here is another CT LE website for Eastern CT if you guys are interested: http://lawenforcementcouncil.org/About%20Us.htm

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5536 users online. 323 members and 5213 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X