No announcement yet.

Suffolk Correction Officer Test - 2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do you know when and where the orientation is taking place?

Comment

No Longer Available
      Last edited by galbau1; 05-02-2013, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Thanks boss for posting that link.

Comment

Proposed 2012 budget

Found here http://legis.suffolkcountyny.gov/bro...4_Cap_Prog.pdf

To comply with the COC, the County will need to hire approximately 90 Correction Officers in
          2011 in order to meet the COC’s minimum staffing requirements. A recruit class of 47 Correction
          Officers were hired in April and another class is scheduled for November. Inmates from the
          Riverhead Correctional Facility and the DWI Facility will be transferred into the new jail along with
          the transfer of 39 Correction Officers from those facilities (24 from Riverhead and 15 from DWI).
          Based on projected retirements, an additional 50 Correction Officers will probably be required in
          2012. If staffing levels are not met, the opening of the new facility may be delayed along with the
          removal of variances. If variances are not renewed, the Sheriff estimates that it will cost $24 million
          in annual operating expenses to transport and house inmates out of the County

GunWrite.com
          Last edited by PBXTech; 09-15-2011, 11:03 AM.

Comment

PBXTech - Nice job with the find. Anyone what are time are the tours?

Comment

who went to the seminar on saturday

Comment

A close friend of mine is a CO for suffolk in there and was telling me that as of now they only have about 30 eligible guys and need a decent deal more people and are being forced to hire more....so basically its pretty unheard of but after the November test its possible to be hired and in an academy in only a few months to be ready for the jail they want to have up and running by March 2012. So score as high as you can and its possible to have an awesome job most wait years for within like 4-5 months lol...not a bad gig.

Comment

sorrrry for the late reply. I went to the seminar in riverhead.....it was really good bc it really gave u an idea of what u are going to be doing and what training is like( police and firefighter training). mostly u have to score good on the test , pass all the backround / phy / est , and like Dave 921 said u will have a good chance of getting called. what going on is suffolk is opening a new jail so they need people bad due to the jail opening and people that are going to retire. they are so in need that they made it all the way down to the 70%( 70 on the test) on the list ( from the test before this one), which rarely happens. I was on the sheriff list a couple of years after I first got out of high school in '02 and recieved a 89 and wasnt called. also another big thing is there is no age limit which i was surprised about. But all in all if u signed up for the test study and like me try to get in shape (cooper standards) LOL. i am 27 but I worked for nassau ( non law enforcement) for almost 5yrs and was layed off because of the budget , so now my main thing is to get back into shape bc I am not a good as I was before I was hired ...lol

Comment

ALSO HEADS UP AT THE SEMINAR they also said that the sheriffs test is coming up next year also.

Comment

Originally posted by JUtah View Post
                      Anyone know what Level Pay is?

Level 1 40,664
                      Level 2 ??
                      Level 3 94,926
                      Level 4 112,622
                      Can someone clarify this... top pay is 112k is that after four years??

Comment

Originally posted by 09fine View Post
                        Can someone clarify this... top pay is 112k is that after four years??
                        closer to mid 80's, and takes 6 steps (years)

Comment

academy is around 42-43k i think then goes up like 2-3k a year for a little bit i THINK...i know top end is around 86-90k and low end in academy and first year is like 42-46k somewhere around there

Comment

No Longer Available
                            Last edited by galbau1; 05-02-2013, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by galbau1 View Post
                              do you know how long it takes to receive results, and if you are eligible to be hired? (hiring process)
                              Well usually it's like 6 months to get results then another year or so before called maybe more but in this case they are in a rush to hire so they might get out the scores faster or just call after a couple or few months. They have a highering quota to fill in a short time so it be much faster if you score well maybe 3-5 months from when you take test or sooner. Or later lol

Comment

Do you receive extra points formliving in Suffolk county???

1148 on#6019 FDNY test. Class cancelled on me twice....god have mercy on the vulcans and judge

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4121 users online. 134 members and 3987 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                                X