No announcement yet.

Dep 2011 academy, questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats going on...how come we aren't in the academy yet!!!!!!!
    Exam: 8332 6/09

GOT THE CALL @ 10:08 7/7/12

R.I.P BROTHER
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhcZWVMHZQ0

Comment

see my last post.

Comment

so its because DEP is waiting for $$$ ...this sucks lol

R.I.P BROTHER

Comment

Originally posted by apple718 View Post
          so its because DEP is waiting for $$$ ...this sucks lol
          Isn't money always an issue, but don't worry to much they need Officers to full fill certain future needs. (That could always change but as of now the need looks inevitable)
          Last edited by JoeS10566; 08-21-2011, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Joe is right. Money and politics run just about everything. Also, there is a need to increase the numbers in the near future. The department would like to get the next class through the academy and field trained before it is nessasary. I guess the bean counters don't see it that way.

Comment

Any updates, guys?

Comment

i am wondering the same...

R.I.P BROTHER

Comment

A few different ideas are floating around for why the delay i.e. OP (Money), but it will happen sooner or later. I know the wait can suck but worth it in the end

Comment

Considering what has happened in the watershed: Resources are being used for flood relief right now. Alot of instructers are just a tad bit busy.

Comment

Did they get hit bad up there?? All we heard about down was LI, NYC and NJ...stay safe.

Comment

Flooding has wiped entire towns off the map. The Gilboa Pct. area has been hit the hardest. Towns in the area flooded out are Windham, Jewett, Hunter (villages of Tannersville and Hunter), Lexington and Prattsville. Prattsville is devistated with many buildings washed into the reservoir. Also Gilboa had some issues with travel, telephone and power. The Gilboa bridge has been opened, but when it was shut it cut off many people. Up north of the dam (water flows north) the Schoharie Vally flooded out several towns. DEP is esentially the only law enforcement in southern Schoharie county. Not that the people are there need to be policed, but it does change what we do on a day to day policing from the norm. The good news is the Gilboa Dam didn't colapse. However, the reconstruction project that had been going on has come to a halt and will have to start from scratch. Tons of equipment have been damaged and I don't think they will finish up by 2018 like they planned.

Aslo, towns on and near the Esopus creek have keept Ashokan Pct busy too. Margretville in Delaware County was under water as well. I don't have too much details, but it is not good.

Google some of the towns that I have mentioned. You will find some spectacular pictures and video.

****edited****
                        Unlike other areas, this was due to flash flooding. The water in the Schoharie Valley come down the mountains quick and leaves little chance for saving anything except your life. In some areas over 13 inches of rain poured down. All of that had to go somewhere....and fast.
                        Last edited by joe publik; 09-01-2011, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Wow, I had no idea. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

I just got my interview letter! My interview is September 7, 2011 at 0900 Hrs. Good luck to all who received the letters!

Comment

Good luck! May I make a suggestion. Bring a powerbar or something with you and put it in your pocket. Usually everyone has the same time and they interview you in the order of your test and list number. You could sit all day. I am not sure of the proceedures this time, but a snack may help you out in the end. I just wish I had the chance to eat before mine. Also, If you are hired, you will have tons of paperwork to process before you can leave.

Comment

Best of luck to everyone that gets an interview

x2 with what joe said bring a powerbar best thing you can do...
                                P.S. you learn quick that things like a powerbar become a regular item in your turn out bag...

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8582 users online. 262 members and 8320 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                                X